warning for b/h 's who use the etb to drop trips

I just can't understand these idiots that care who picks up a trip. As long as someone picks up my trip I could give a flying *&^**% who it is. As for the reserves making big bucks working the system....They deserve every single penny they get and then some!
If the old battle axes don't like it than they can bid reserve.

P.S. To set the record straight I am a blockholder.

I just can't understand these idiots that care who picks up a trip. As long as someone picks up my trip I could give a flying *&^**% who it is. As for the reserves making big bucks working the system....They deserve every single penny they get and then some!
If the old battle axes don't like it than they can bid reserve.

P.S. To set the record straight I am a blockholder.

Now georgie, don't be calling the block holders "battle axes". You got 12 year f/as holding lines in certain bases, while having 25 year reserves in PIT.

F/as who give up a trip on the etb should not be permitted to see who is picking it up. That option was to be blocked last year, and obviously it was not and the approval key was to be disengaged. The MECP needs to stop sitting on his thumbs.

Some of you don't get it. Down here in CLT, the BH's are complaining that RSV's have it so easy. Most BH's are ignorant of the situation, thay are just very self centered and very uninformed. Most are upset that a RSV can get 110 hours and only work 11 or 12 days. That is all they hear, which is not the whole story. They don't realize that a RSV F/A in CLT is only getting about 30-35 hours a month on "days on duty". That means we are only flying 6 or 7 of our 19 od 20 days on duty. The extra time comes from the ETB, which we have give up our days off to fly. Wow, now doesn't that sound great, give up your schedule days off to get a decent paycheck, because the company doesn't fly you on company time. POINT TO REMEMBER. If you BH's recall, the company got rid of your lower flying options. And the union knew that some of you could never fly 80-90 hours(your bodies just couldn't handle it), so they had to come up with a way for you to drop your time back down to 50 hours. And BINGO, lets make the ETB pay above guarantee for RSV's and they can fly the BH's extra time. But don't forget, we have to do "your" trips on days off. The ETB was never created so RSV's could have it easy, it was done so you BH's could drop time. I personally think the RSV's should try not to pick up any trips on the ETB for one month and guess what you BH's are going to be a flyin 80-85 hours each. Then you wouldn't give a rats a__ who picked up your trip. As I said earlier, most of the complaining is being done by very misinformed BH's and they are passing it on to the other sheep in the pen. They have a different view after I enlighten them. I love it.

Here in the west, we have a hard time dropping trips and we sometimes have to put extra cash in order to drop them.
Plus they work the reserve like crazy and they get they fly them too much.

We don't care who picks up our trips as long as they are picked up. (Except the 1 day trips, those go fast quickly and they are traded with others)

The ETB is overall screwed up. In a nutshell, you have to be senior enough to be in the following camps to have the darn thing work for you....
Camp Caribbean
Camp Europe
Camp Redeye
These groups pass their numbers back and forth like they are in junior high to make sure they get the good trips. That's fine. I can't wait until I'M 102 years with the company and can act like I'm 8. :unsure:

This was sent out on March 19, 2006

ETB PROBLEMS

The Union met with management to identify problems associated with the ETB and find solutions to those problems. Numerous problems were identified including but not limited to:

Flight Attendants dropping trips on the ETB and then recovering the time dropped via the AIL thus causing a large over fly problem.
Flight Attendants removing trips from the ETB and reposting the trips after "seeing" the name of the person first in line to pick up the trip while it in pending status.
Drop Trip posts not being removed from the ETB after a Flight Attendant has reached the 40/50 hour floor.
The discussion focused on some of the technical aspects of the ETB (Flightline) and human factors associated with the problems being encountered. To a large extent the Company believes the first two problems are being caused by a lack of education and has committed to more training aids and crew room information tools. I believe these non- technical problems are the result of two factors; people not knowing how the system works and people knowing how the system works. The former can be fixed through the education process the latter through a change in behavior. We must all keep in mind the ETB was created primarily to replace the options. The ETB also allows methods for trading trips, days off and vacation. The ETB was not created as an "auxiliary" AIL. Trips dropped on the ETB lower both a Flight Attendants Obligation (OBL) and Maximum (MAX) hours. Once those two categories are lowered via the ETB they can only be raised via ETB. It is illegal to drop your OBL and MAX via the ETB and then exceed both categories by picking up trips from the AIL. There are literally thousands of hours of time throughout the system illegally picked up this way. This activity causes tremendous problems throughout the system. Time picked up illegally is not available "downstream" to other Flight Attendants. One way or another, this activity must stop. The Company has begun to issue High Block Letters for those exceeding their MAX hours and that will progress people through the DCP levels. The Company could also choose to look at this activity outside of the DCP arena and suspend people outright or limit their AI/L privileges. While the Union is not advocating discipline, the Union is going to insist that continued over flying be monitored and curtailed.

Further meetings are scheduled in an effort to make the ETB more productive and to address these and additional problems as they become known. If you have any questions about the ETB and the effect on obligation and Company Maximum Hours please contact your local Union representatives or your supervisor.

:down:
Some of you don't get it. Down here in CLT, the BH's are complaining that RSV's have it so easy.

As stated before, the B/H's Can and Should bid reserve if they think it's so easy. Allow a reserve to capture a secondary line and receive more than 73hours of flight pay. Many are single moms, others have families to feed and 73 hours just isn't cutting it.

Shame on this Union..... shame on every single president that allows this to continue. :down:

Each flight attendant that reads this post might try calling their own Union President and Complain about this problem.
Strength in Numbers!

Dear Employee's of USAirways.
I am very sad at the post that would be viewed as discriminate toward one set of employee's from the others. I know the individual involved and she to her discredit was informed that this was the way to make sure that there would be NO PROBLEMS. She has never been spiteful in nature and has always operated under the radar. I say to all of you that the ETB should not have a feature that shows who is bidding for your trip.It is a great day for management when we turn on our young. I can tell you all that I will stand behind this person for making a mistake the post is wrong. The employee will have my support if this goes on to try and make her an example. My job as a Union Representative has been and will be to see only the merits of the incident. Will I engage in the crucifixion NO it was done without malice intent. As far as the representation of Phl bring it on if you know someone who can do the job better than I let me know . I do not ever want to hold a position where I am doing more harm than GOOD.

I know the individual involved and she to her discredit was informed that this was the way to make sure that there would be NO PROBLEMS.

Are you saying that someone at AFA/USA told her to put Blockholder Only in ETB comments? Why? For what purpose?
If you want to drop your trip post it on the ETB and move on. Maybe its time to remove or lock out the comments altogether! What purpose does it serve? These flight attendants actions are creating a HOSTILE work environment and this is a violation of policy. The company and AFA have created this “Dog Eat Dogâ€￾ atmosphere during negotiations J. Glass and ASS. used it to drive a wedge and help breakdown solidarity.

AFA’s position is they don’t believe in assigning discipline. But what are they doing to prevent this type of action against members who abide by the contract, whether they agree with the language or not?

Dear Employee's of USAirways.
I am very sad at the post that would be viewed as discriminate toward one set of employee's from the others. I know the individual involved and she to her discredit was informed that this was the way to make sure that there would be NO PROBLEMS. She has never been spiteful in nature and has always operated under the radar. I say to all of you that the ETB should not have a feature that shows who is bidding for your trip.It is a great day for management when we turn on our young. I can tell you all that I will stand behind this person for making a mistake the post is wrong. The employee will have my support if this goes on to try and make her an example. My job as a Union Representative has been and will be to see only the merits of the incident. Will I engage in the crucifixion NO it was done without malice intent. As far as the representation of Phl bring it on if you know someone who can do the job better than I let me know . I do not ever want to hold a position where I am doing more harm than GOOD.
baja babe, i know you. and i totally respect you. you have my support on many things many, many things. but what this person put on the trade board was totally wrong. and i hope that the union did not tell him/her to do this. i know you have to do your job to represent this person if he/she gets repremanded or what ever for this. i respect that. hell if i ever needed representation you would be the one i would want to stand behind me. if you do know this person and she/he is a nice person. please tell him/her that what they posted was wrong and really upset the reserve f/a's. love ya.

SHE IS 100 per cent wrong What about that don't you Andy realize about what I wrote. I do not ever condone segregation do you get it. Maybe people in glass houses better be careful. Next time I hope you win. Mr spin Master

SHE IS 100 per cent wrong What about that don't you Andy realize about what I wrote. I do not ever condone segregation do you get it. Maybe people in glass houses better be careful. Next time I hope you win. Mr spin Master
It's a Polycarbonate house thank you! I think I’m beginning to see the whole story (after many calls)...the f/a made an honest mistake. But this is not the first we heard of this type of behavior between BH and RSRV there is a real problem here. I hope the leadership takes a positive roll and resolves the matter.

P.S. The only “spinâ€￾ in my life is the one coming off my Stanton Digi Pak mixing station, while you dance you’re a$$ off to the music sipping a Disaronno COSMO!
Kiss Kiss

i have been told that this f/a is a very nice person and did not mean any malice on the reserve f/a's. she was just misguided by other f/a's on how to post her trips on the etb. unfortunately this has opened up a huge can of worms which has cuased the president of labor relations to be informed. i don not know this f/a but ihave been told by credible sources that she is a genuinly nice person and would never say anything bad or do anything bad about or to any f/a. the bottom line is that what she posted was wrong and hopefully this will show to any f/a that the etb is for everyone to use not just a selected group of people . there shouldn't be a post saying "for block holders only" nor a post saying"for reserve only"there also shouldn't be posts saying "this is for f/a 12345 only" there is a way you can give a trip to an individual with out having to post it on the board. educate yourself on how to use the trade board. it's been up for a while now. there should be no reason why f/a's do not know how to use the trade board yet. i know i started this thread. i was very angry when i saw the post. as were many of you. but after talking to many people who know this f/a i have come to the conclusion that she meant no harm. i heard that she was actually balling on the j/s yesterday after finding out what she had caused. so please let's chill a little. please no hate letters in mail boxes and stuff like that. we are all adults. remember . the etb is for everyone. peace.

i have been told that this f/a is a very nice person and did not mean any malice on the reserve f/a's. she was just misguided by other f/a's on how to post her trips on the etb. unfortunately this has opened up a huge can of worms which has cuased the president of labor relations to be informed. i don not know this f/a but ihave been told by credible sources that she is a genuinly nice person and would never say anything bad or do anything bad about or to any f/a. the bottom line is that what she posted was wrong and hopefully this will show to any f/a that the etb is for everyone to use not just a selected group of people . there shouldn't be a post saying "for block holders only" nor a post saying"for reserve only"there also shouldn't be posts saying "this is for f/a 12345 only" there is a way you can give a trip to an individual with out having to post it on the board. educate yourself on how to use the trade board. it's been up for a while now. there should be no reason why f/a's do not know how to use the trade board yet. i know i started this thread. i was very angry when i saw the post. as were many of you. but after talking to many people who know this f/a i have come to the conclusion that she meant no harm. i heard that she was actually balling on the j/s yesterday after finding out what she had caused. so please let's chill a little. please no hate letters in mail boxes and stuff like that. we are all adults. remember . the etb is for everyone. peace.

Well Said!

WELL YOU DO THE CRIME YOU DO THE TIME.

we are all responsible for our own actions and the ETB is not a "new" thing, nice or not she posted it she pays the price.

ITS THE OLD SAYING......

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DOING IT

IF THEY ALL JUMP OFF A BRIDGE WILL YOU?

Again,
sorry for her bad luck.....she still needs to be made an example of

Latest posts