FA contract thought

Thank you, I am just so tired of these passengers who think they know it all.

Have they ever been outside in the middle of the night in the freezing rain changing an aircraft tire or an engine to the point you cant feel your feet and hands?

Have you worked 16 hour days at all hours of the day?

Have you missed all major events in your family cause you had to work?

Does the average passenger work, on all holidays?

Have you had your wages, benefits slashed and nothing happen to your CEO and executives?

Ever unload an airplane in 100 degree weather and have to load it right back up again?

Shall I go on?

Until these anti-union, anti-worker airline passengers who think they know it all walk a mile in an airline employees shoes, then they need to keep their nose into their own business.

Reactions: 1 person
According to some measures AA FAs are already the highest paid in the industry. They're certainly among the least productive in terms of work rules. So the result you're proposing already exists.

Could you please be more specific on our unproductive work rules? Please state exactly the work rule or rules that you are referring to. I'll bet that you don't respond.

They are not the highest, WN and CO are, got to love it when passengers stick their nose in where it doesnt belong.

Maybe its time we go to their workplace and tell their bosses how much to pay them and what benefits they get and how to do their job?

So true! We will always have a one-sided discussion with these non-employees (as if we even need to have any discussion with them at all) because we are at a disadvantage in the following biased manner: our salaries, our benefits, our work rules, our raise histories, our demands as unionized employees are all public knowledge and theirs are not.

So, with that in mind, if the non-employees on this board want to continue the discussion with credibility and unbiased good faith, I present the following challenge to them:

Tell us where you work.
What is your salary?
What is your job title?
When did you last get a raise and how much was it?
When was the last time your salary was cut?
What is your benefits package?
How much are you paying for health care?
What extra job perks do you have?
How much vacation time do you get?

Until I know this information about the non-employees on this board, I will continue to dismiss their discredited and pompous comments and claims.

So true! We will always have a one-sided discussion with these non-employees (as if we even need to have any discussion with them at all) because we are at a disadvantage in the following biased manner: our salaries, our benefits, our work rules, our raise histories, our demands as unionized employees are all public knowledge and theirs are not.

So, with that in mind, if the non-employees on this board want to continue the discussion with credibility and unbiased good faith, I present the following challenge to them:

Tell us where you work.
What is your salary?
What is your job title?

GREAT IDEA!

Until I know this information about the non-employees on this board, I will continue to dismiss their discredited and pompous comments and claims.

Could you please be more specific on our unproductive work rules? Please state exactly the work rule or rules that you are referring to. I'll bet that you don't respond.

I think all f/as will agree that many of the wwork rules are unproductive. But that goes both ways. Not being qualified on all equipment, the long unproductive "sits", the deadheading, all play into productivity and that is the responsibility of the Company to ensure good utilization. AA tends to be closed minded when it comes to quality of life enhancements without placing a big price tag on them (whether they are cost neutral or no cost). That is their way of dragging out the negotiations as long as possible because they are enjoying the windfall of the RPA concessions. Neither side appears serious. The APFA has locked themselves in a corner and the Company only has to move an item to another column to not create an impass. Perhapps the APFA should start increasing their "wants" in response to every Company decrease.

Funny they are silent now.

Come on Joshie and FFCA, we are waiting.

Tell us where you work.
What is your salary?
What is your job title?

AMEN -beautifully said!

Tell us where you work.
Investment bank headquartered in NYC.
What is your salary?
Base salary $425,000
1/1/2011; roughly 5% base salary
Medical, dental, and life insurance, 401k matching upto 6%, tuition reimbursement
$120/month for spouse and 1 dependent
Company paid health club membership, company paid Admirals Club membership, use of clubroom at HQ, use of corporate accounts at restaurants and retailers for business purposes, gift matching to non-profits
3 weeks

Here you go.

Funny they are silent now.

Come on Joshie and FFCA, we are waiting.

Joshie? Not any longer.

Josh

The devil is in the details. First of all, AA has the ability of scheduling more then 82 and 77 as long as they are pure lines. We regularly see 86 hour lines on JFK-Europe. Look at the summer bid sheet for JFK-MXP. The January bid sheet shows all of the JFK-ZRH lines being worth 84.35 hours. Also, all of the JFK-LAX transcon lines are consistently built in the 79-81 hour range so their claim is false.

Yes, the 77/82 AA "limit" is a soft number. Are the other airline limts similarly soft or are they fixed?

Also, other airlines only schedule in the 90 hour range for ultra long haul flying and other airlines are capped at a percentage of lines that they are able to do that....maybe in the 15% of lines.

Well, 90 hours is more than AA schedules, no? Sounds like other airlines have more flexibility.

I can guarantee you that Southwest flight attendants are not scheduled 100 hours. They have a lower duty day max then us and their stage length is less on domestic. Maybe they have that ability to schedule but the number of lines that they are able to attain that is very very small. So the idea that we are just so inefficient is just not true. There might be room for some improvement but the idea other airlines have this great advantage is simply a fallacy.

I don't know what Southwest has to do with anything - I didn't mention Southwest, as WN does not fly a varied fleet on a mixed network of shorthaul and longhaul international. Everyone would have to concede that WN flight attendants are very well paid and very hard-working - their contract permits management to schedule them up to 114 hours/mo. I doubt they do, but it's in their contract.

Still, DL and NW can be scheduled up to 100 hours, far more than your numbers for AA. And with no union to protect them, management has carte blanche to schedule them all they want, subject only to any FAA min rest periods or FAA maximums on monthly FA flying (if any). UA and CO FAs can be scheduled for more hours per month than AA according to AA's numbers. AA has to compete against UA/CO and DL/NW.

We need the name of the bank so we can complain to your boss and about his workers like you do here to AA.

And did your company take part in any TARP funds?

Investment bank headquartered in NYC.
Base salary $425,000
1/1/2011; roughly 5% base salary
Medical, dental, and life insurance, 401k matching upto 6%, tuition reimbursement
$120/month for spouse and 1 dependent
Company paid health club membership, company paid Admirals Club membership, use of clubroom at HQ, use of corporate accounts at restaurants and retailers for business purposes, gift matching to non-profits
3 weeks

Here you go.

Joshie? Not any longer.

Josh
By Manhattan standards you are at poverty level...how can you afford your kids private school? Hopefully your wife works at a simiar paying job, do they cover nanny expenses? My heart goes out to you. (BTW, you really are something else if you are on this board making what you do....I know my husband doesn't have the frivalous time to do so, and yes he is at or above your salary...)

Have they ever been outside in the middle of the night in the freezing rain changing an aircraft tire or an engine to the point you cant feel your feet and hands?

No, but I got to tell thousands of people over time that they were missing their [insert family member here]'s wedding/funeral/birthday because we canceled a flight.

Trust me, I'll take the freezing cold anyday.

Have you worked 16 hour days at all hours of the day?

Yep. And not just at AA.

Have you missed all major events in your family cause you had to work?

Yep. And not just at AA.

Does the average passenger work, on all holidays?

I have. And I still prefer it to being around family sometimes...

Have you had your wages, benefits slashed and nothing happen to your CEO and executives?

Yep. And not just at AA.

Ever unload an airplane in 100 degree weather and have to load it right back up again?

No, but I got to count the number of dead infants from a plane crash, locate all the displaced unaccompanied minors who were on diverted flights on 9/11. I also had to help the FBI track down all of Mohammad Atta's dry-runs on AA for the 18 months leading up to 9/11.

Shall I go on?

Sure. Have at it.

Until these anti-union, anti-worker airline passengers who think they know it all walk a mile in an airline employees shoes, then they need to keep their nose into their own business.

Since I've walked more than a mile in those shoes, I guess I get carte blanche....

We need the name of the bank so we can complain to your boss and about his workers like you do here to AA.

And did your company take part in any TARP funds?

Uh, don't you work for USAir? Why are you so concerned about AA all of the sudden?

Dont you not work for AA anymore?

Last time I checked anyone can post on the message boards as long as you follow the TOS.

Why are you concerned about me?

And the reason I posted is I am tired of union haters like josh.

There may be just 200 who regularly drop every trip, but there are probably hundreds more who drop most of their trips; during the timeframe of the chart linked above, there were 1,300 who flew fewer than 20 hours per month on average over that 12 months. That's fewer hours than one trip to Tokyo per month.

I have questions about the source and validity of the data that was input to come up with those percentages. Those numbers came out at the time that we had unprecedented amounts of flight attendants on overage leaves and furlough. I would bet that those FAs on leaves were factored in at 0 flying hours and I also wouldn't put it past the company to factor in our furloughed flight attendants as well. I would bet my next pay check that those numbers are false.