The Official "give The Fa's Some Love" Thread...

LaBradford22

Advanced
May 15, 2003
Best FA service ever...my wife and I were flying from ORD to MXP (Milan, Italy) in March of 2001 on AA. We lucked out and got F on the B767-300 (lay-flat seats, DVD players, excellent food). The purser and the other FA on the outbound flight were fantastic. They conversed with my wife and I at length and, upon finding out that this was our first ever trip to Italy, they had us try a bunch of wines that they had onboard. We told them our itenerary once we got to Italy, and they told us all about the places to see and the places to avoid. Even when they weren't visiting with us, they were attentive, upbeat, and always smiling. It really got that trip off to a good start. I wrote Flight Service a letter commending these employees. I hope they passed it along, or at least said something to these employees and gave them a pat on the back.

LaBradford22 said:
I wrote Flight Service a letter commending these employees. I hope they passed it along, or at least said something to these employees and gave them a pat on the back.
It will never happen.

However, had you complained, your complaint would have been STAPLED to their backs quicker than you can blink an eye!

Air travel is an unappreciative service industry, and the likes of AA strive to make sure it stays that way - where labor is concerned that is.

I can say this with confidence as I followed through on a very strongly worded letter of commendation regarding a gate agent in ORD and asked him about it each and every week that I flew through there and to date, he has heard absolutely nothing about it from his immediate superiors, management or the company. Quite simply, the good stuff they don't want to hear, they expect it. The bad stuff they want because head count still needs to be reduced.

Try sending your complimentary letters to your local newspaper. THAT way AA will pick up on it as if it were some huge media event and at least the employee will get a little recognition.

On the upside, I understand that from time to time a letter or two from customers will get printed in the newspapers they send out to employees, but that way it looks like they only get one or two letters every other month!

PS - Italy was fantastic, wasn't it? ;)

Interesting. My (admittedly incomplete) survey of the complimentary letters I sent to CO suggested that CO does send both types to their employees. That might have something to do with the more positive attidude expressed by their employees than most of their competitors.

AA made sure that are files were empty of any complimentary letters. They were put in our mailboxes before we were furloughed. hmmmm, wonder why? :(

Guess it was their way of showing their love for us.

WingNaPrayer said:
It will never happen.

However, had you complained, your complaint would have been STAPLED to their backs quicker than you can blink an eye!

Air travel is an unappreciative service industry, and the likes of AA strive to make sure it stays that way - where labor is concerned that is.

I can say this with confidence as I followed through on a very strongly worded letter of commendation regarding a gate agent in ORD and asked him about it each and every week that I flew through there and to date, he has heard absolutely nothing about it from his immediate superiors, management or the company. Quite simply, the good stuff they don't want to hear, they expect it. The bad stuff they want because head count still needs to be reduced.

Try sending your complimentary letters to your local newspaper. THAT way AA will pick up on it as if it were some huge media event and at least the employee will get a little recognition.

On the upside, I understand that from time to time a letter or two from customers will get printed in the newspapers they send out to employees, but that way it looks like they only get one or two letters every other month!

PS - Italy was fantastic, wasn't it? ;)
On the contrary, it happens all the time. Customer Relations personnel forward positive feedback to front line mgrs. If there is a failure to do so, it's not the result of a nefarious mgmt plot to "forward bad news, sit on good news," but of laziness on the part of the customer relations rep. I realize that reality doesn't fit well into the "All Management Is Evil" mantra that is the non-stop drumbeat around here. Sorry.