"We are pleased to again provide a full meal service
in First Class. Based on customer feedback, we believe
this positive change will better meet the needs of our
travelers," said Director of Inflight and Dining and
Cabin Services Steve Kingsley.

The breakfast menu will include fresh fruit, a choice
of two hot entrees, and breakfast breads. Lunch and
dinner service on these routes will include a fresh
salad, choice of two hot entrees, and a light dessert.
This service will replace the complimentary InFlight
Cafe meals that have been served on a temporary
basis.

Well it's about time......

But Aug 1 is too late for my next transcon--July 11th. I guess another trip on UA is in order!!!!

After that we'll see!!

A step in the right direction though.

My best to you all.....

Now if only we woud bring back the glass! ...I agree, this is a step in the right direction.

Glassware, IMO, should return to all flights in F/C ASAP. The product (even with this improvement) is still an embarassment as long as we have paying customers flying PHL-LAX or CLT-MEX sipping wine from a US Airways.com plastic cup. : rolleyes:

...I would also like to see US open an Envoy Club in CLT, but again, that would simply make too much sense and might give us a slight competitive edge so it won't be done. :shock:

the glass part i agree with. as for the envoy club in clt. there is really not a need for it. all we have is 2 flts to europe . FRA&LGW. i do not think that warrants an envoy lounge.

etops1 said:
as for the envoy club in clt. there is really not a need for it. all we have is 2 flts to europe . FRA&LGW. i do not think that warrants an envoy lounge.
[post="278120"][/post]​

Envoy customers may use the US Club in D concourse before their flight. There isnt a specific Envoy Club, but they do get use of a club. I believe that CLT could handle more INTL traffic if given the chance. We have a lot of people connecting from the deep South that would prefer CLT to PHL for connections (wouldnt we all?). I think MAN and CDG could easily handle a flight to CLT (at least part of the year) if we had the planes to offer it.

tadjr said:
Envoy customers may use the US Club in D concourse before their flight. There isnt a specific Envoy Club, but they do get use of a club. I believe that CLT could handle more INTL traffic if given the chance. We have a lot of people connecting from the deep South that would prefer CLT to PHL for connections (wouldnt we all?). I think MAN and CDG could easily handle a flight to CLT (at least part of the year) if we had the planes to offer it.
[post="278122"][/post]​
totally agree

etops1 said:
totally agree
[post="278126"][/post]​

The CLT D club closed on 12/31/01. The original plan was to make it Envoy, but with the post 9/11 cessation of CLT-CDG the idea was dropped. Currently, pax may use the B/C club in CLT. At this point, how much traffic could reopening that lounge generate? There are only 3 transatlantic flts daily: LGW,FRA/MUC-LH. As for the islands, the longest route that I can think of is MEX.

Now, does anyone see US reopening that as an arrivals lounge/smaller club? They could renovate it and add somewhere from 5-10 showers and offer complimentary use to pax departing/arriving in Envoy or FC to Europe and any island flights over 4 hours. They could also offer use to pax arriving on overnight flights from the West Coast. If pax wanted to use this but didn't fall in the areas above, a $15.00 fee would be charged. Keep it open 6am-6pm daily and it would probably get some oa pax willing to pay as well.

gso2pit said:
The CLT D club closed on 12/31/01. The original plan was to make it Envoy, but with the post 9/11 cessation of CLT-CDG the idea was dropped. Currently, pax may use the B/C club in CLT. At this point, how much traffic could reopening that lounge generate? There are only 3 transatlantic flts daily: LGW,FRA/MUC-LH. As for the islands, the longest route that I can think of is MEX.

Now, does anyone see US reopening that as an arrivals lounge/smaller club? They could renovate it and add somewhere from 5-10 showers and offer complimentary use to pax departing/arriving in Envoy or FC to Europe and any island flights over 4 hours. They could also offer use to pax arriving on overnight flights from the West Coast. If pax wanted to use this but didn't fall in the areas above, a $15.00 fee would be charged. Keep it open 6am-6pm daily and it would probably get some oa pax willing to pay as well.
[post="278134"][/post]​

To be honest, I think that if we simply put some Envoy Club-esque catering in the main US Club for the 430PM-8PM international bank, that the problem would be solved. Some hors d'oeuvres/cheeses/pastrys nothing too elaborate but just enough to be better than nothing. This, combined with unlimited drink coupons for Envoy pax would be a more than acceptable compromise to building an entirely new club. I really don't understand why US did not install showers in the CLT B/C and PHL A-West clubs since they are relatively new facilities.

Three transatlantic flights a day (LGW/FRA/MUC (LH) ) are more than enough to warrant upgraded club amenities at US's largest hub.

tadjr said:
I didnt realize the CLT D club had closed. I havent been thru CLT in a long time and especially not on the D concourse. Thanks for the heads up.
[post="278135"][/post]​

I believe I attended GSC recurrent training at the D club sometime last year. What a waste of money...paying for an airside club only to use it as a Cust Svc training room. Earth to US (!) we have RIDC still available and the CLT facility still open with quite a few empty classrooms. I would have though leases like the one we have on the D Club would have been rejected during BK #1 (let alone BK #2....)!

hharotz said:
I believe I attended GSC recurrent training at the D club sometime last year. What a waste of money...paying for an airside club only to use it as a Cust Svc training room. Earth to US (!) we have RIDC still available and the CLT facility still open with quite a few empty classrooms. I would have though leases like the one we have on the D Club would have been rejected during BK #1 (let alone BK #2....)!
[post="278148"][/post]​

Hmmm..actually it's a crew room now..can't tell ya who though :)

I think first class should be what it was pre-9/11. The hot towels, the menues, the desert cart..ice cream or hot chocolate chip cookies. All of it. As much as those customers pay for first..they deserve it. Before I was furloughed I loved being the A or D or C..depending what a/c. I loved to do it up in first and make sure those passenger had hot meals...ect. I was furloughed after 3 1/2 years at mainline..so I did not get a chance to see what it all turned out to be later on..but, hopefully I will be back by years end and will get to serve those hot meals again...I think this is a great step for U.. :up:

I know, bring it back. Single class (if it's nice like the MAA planes) with perks for DM members is fine for short haul and midcon. Have a first class on transcon, Carribbean, transatlantic etc, and make it worth it.

This has to be the only airline with flight attendants that WANT to provide a more premium product than the company does. Instead they are left with torn up seats and tacky beyond belief styofoam cups with drawings on them.

Bring back the class!

view-to-the-top.jpg

Light Years said:
I know, bring it back. Single class (if it's nice like the MAA planes) with perks for DM members is fine for short haul and midcon. Have a first class on transcon, Carribbean, transatlantic etc, and make it worth it.

This has to be the only airline with flight attendants that WANT to provide a more premium product than the company does. Instead they are left with torn up seats and tacky beyond belief styofoam cups with drawings on them.

Bring back the class!

view-to-the-top.jpg

[post="278197"][/post]​
Love it LY!!!!!! :up: