Fc Transcon Meal Service Returns!

Light Years said:
I know, bring it back. Single class (if it's nice like the MAA planes) with perks for DM members is fine for short haul and midcon. Have a first class on transcon, Carribbean, transatlantic etc, and make it worth it.

This has to be the only airline with flight attendants that WANT to provide a more premium product than the company does. Instead they are left with torn up seats and tacky beyond belief styofoam cups with drawings on them.

Bring back the class!

view-to-the-top.jpg

[post="278197"][/post]​

BRING BACK THE CLASS!!
BRING BACK THE CLASS!!
BRING BACK THE GLASS!!
BRING BACK THE GLASS!! :up: :up:

AWA has glassware in their FC..just a matter of time. I'm ready to feel proud to work in FC again. Too bad now those working in coach on the 757 and 321 will work like dogs again. :down:

Hopefully there will be MANY, MANY changes when the folks in Tempe start making the decisions instead of the morons in CCY. And putting glass back in F/C is one change I hope they make on Day 1.

I heard from an FA today that the company plans on eliminating pretzles from coach on all routes except TA. Any truth to this? If so, then :down:

Yes, all pretzles are being removed from flight except Transatlantic. Just when you think the boneheaded moves might end.

I think you all are misreading this. Gate Gourmet needs help. They are throwing Austin Powers a bone. :p

USAirBoyA330 said:
Yes, all pretzles are being removed from flight except Transatlantic. Just when you think the boneheaded moves might end.
[post="279759"][/post]​

Northwest started this crap, just to save $2 million. You might as well call them the cheapskates of the skies since they have no IFE on transcons.

I can see it now!! No more beverage service in coach except for transcon. However, in the emergency kit there will be one bottle of water just in case!! :p

USAirBoyA330 said:
Yes, all pretzles are being removed from flight except Transatlantic.  Just when you think the boneheaded moves might end.
[post="279759"][/post]​

:shock: :down: :down: :down: :rolleyes: :lol: :eek: :down:

What about shuttle?!

cltflyguy said:
I can see it now!! No more beverage service in coach except for transcon. However, in the emergency kit there will be one bottle of water just in case!! :p
[post="279799"][/post]​

What's the difference? Catering forgets to load Diet Coke and Sprite all the time.

USAirBoyA330 said:
[post="279759"][/post]​

Looks like it's time for everyone to pack their lunch before flying... just like going to work or school.

Sad thing is food from home is often better than the choices at work. We won't discuss airport options. :blink:

Ya'll make me laugh! Has any of you flown SAS intra Europe ( FRA-CPH ) latley? Well, let me tell you, we have flown them many times on that route as well as from London, and there service on an hr and a half flight was the best. Newspapers-Wonderful Meal w/Bev's Beer/Wine, Cordials Etc And Duty Free Sales, All on an 1-1/2 flight, mind you they had 9 F/A's on an MD80 sort to speak of course. Well, we flew them this year in May from FRA-CPH and back, we were looking forward to it. We took off and can anyone guess what the inflight service was?.....Bueller?....Bueller?...... NOTHING, unless you wanted to buy it. They had an inflight menu with a few items on it for sale IE.. Coffee: 3Euro..Small bottle of coke: 3 Euro... Small bottle of water: 2 Euro...10oz can of Tuborg: 3 Euro etc.. The moral of this story is, we were not disapointed, the fact is SAS is in just as a dire shape as US and they went this route to help stay in business WITHOUT TAKING PAYCUTS FROM THEIR EMPLOYEES!! No one complained, No one was upset, thats the way it is. So..Be lucky all you don't get is that Stinking bag of Pretzels, what you still do get is. Coffee: FREE..Coke: FREE..Bottled Water: FREE..!!

Does anyone care to guess what the cheapest fare is on that route? Well my partners parents came with us and they paid on an ID75, $380.00, so add the the extra 25% to that. What i'm saying is, it's not cheap!
:up: :up:

Pineybob - slow down a little bit. You need to cut back on sneaking so much of your chocolate, the caffeine is going to kill you. That is where this industry stinks right now. The only airline that tried to significantly differentiate their product was Midwest Express, and NW is putting them under because they can. Think about this one, why would anybody get on a legacy carrier right now when their product is no different than the LCCs?

Bob,

Not to diminish the importance of the FF's in any way, but the people to whom a FC seat or awards program is important is a somewhat small percentage of the US customer base. The majority of passengers (who sit in coach and fly a few times a year at most) are balancing convenience with cost. For them, our product is comparable to any LCC (pretzels or not) and inferior to some LCC's.

Jim

PineyBob said:
Well Jim your point is essentially part of the problem. FF yields are way way off. Used to be that the roughly 15% of the total that are Frequent Flyers used to account for 25% of a legacy carriers revenue. Now that number is smaller. How much the gap has narrowed I've no idea.
[post="280196"][/post]​

No argument there Bob - FF's, like everyone else, are trying to escape the BloFares.

PineyBob said:
The interesting thing is that according to EVERY market research study I've seen that ALL other things being equal the FF program is still the deciding factor. Also according to someone who should have known, about 50% of Legacy customers are enrolled in at least one loyalty program.
[post="280196"][/post]​

The operative part of that 1st sentence is "ALL other things being equal", which is seldom the case. If it were the case, US wouldn't be losing the business of folks like l4pi, but since it's not the case that's where price, convenience, service, performance, etc, factors in. And these other factors become more important as all other things become less equal.

PineyBob said:
I still maintain that if CCY has 21 million for executive bonuses then they have enough money for glassware and hot meals. I'm willing to overlook the Ice Cream Cart. See I really am a pussycat :up:
[post="280196"][/post]​

A big "amen" to that - heck, for $21 million they could bring back the ice cream too....

Jim

Latest posts