Feedback from pax on day 3

----------------
On 8/30/2002 9:57:59 PM

Yelling at the gas station attendant about the price of gasoline does nothing to help the $30 worth of gas you just downloaded to your Honda Accord.

geez, where'd you find an 'Accordion' with a 22-gallon tank?
[:bigsmile:]

I think that part of the reason why you're seeing so many DMUP20s is because a lot of folks are in frequent flier "burn mode" right now. They realize that US may go belly up and have decided that they should use or lose the miles. As such, they're currently using. The upgrade award is really one of the easiest use methods.

----------------
... a lot of folks are in frequent flier "burn mode" right now. They realize that US may go belly up and have decided that they should use or lose the miles. As such, they're currently using.
----------------

I'm giving serious thought to using my miles for all of my business travel that would ordinarily be on US Airways -- I've got enough miles that I could cover all of next year and then some.

Decisions, decisions...

Tom, just burn the miles and get out. I am furious. Over 3 million miles on this carrier. I take my seat, mind my own business, don't drink the booze, and often don't eat. Here we are, not bothering anyone, and not doing anything they haven't offered, and bang....it's pay up or get out you mooch. A lot of my travel is SEA, and AS has added service to BOS, EWR and MIA. One phone call. They matched status, and I bought 4 RT tix for the first quarter. As for my north/south, I already have metal thanks to my Amex Centurion. Now all I have to do is figure out how to dump the million miles in DM my wife and I have. Without partners, it's a lot a trips to Erie! What a wakeup call this has been. They had gotten me to the point out of PBI where I was either traveling the night before I wanted to leave, or driving 50 miles to Lauderdale, because most of the AM service was dropped. Good riddance.

----------------
On 8/31/2002 4:27:33 PM

A lot of my travel is SEA, and AS has added service to BOS, EWR and MIA. One phone call. They matched status, and I bought 4 RT tix for the first quarter. As for my north/south, I already have metal thanks to my Amex ----------------

Same here! I called AS and they were happy to have me as a customer! I travel to SEA from DC often, and now AS is a very viable option. And, oh, btw, this year I've spent about 32k on 75 percent Y/B tickets and 25 percent lower fare classes, so I'm one of these people (I think) US is trying to "protect". Right...

Latest posts