FFOCUS Requests Input

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
FFOCUS wants to hear about operational irregularities you've experienced on US Airways. We are collecting anecdotal information to show US management and other concerned parties how unreliable transportation on US Airways has become. We ask you be as detailed as possible including dates and flight numbers. Feel free to include pictures if necessary.

FFOCUS members may post their experiences directly in the FFOCUS forums. Anyone (customers or employees) may send their stories to [email protected]

If you are not a FFOCUS member, please visit www.ffocus.org for details or to join FFOCUS.

-----

Mods - if you feel it appropriate to make this a sticky, FFOCUS would appreciate it. Thanks....

FFOCUS wants to hear about operational irregularities you've experienced on US Airways. We are collecting anecdotal information to show US management and other concerned parties how unreliable transportation on US Airways has become. We ask you be as detailed as possible including dates and flight numbers. Feel free to include pictures if necessary.

FFOCUS members may post their experiences directly in the FFOCUS forums. Anyone (customers or employees) may send their stories to [email protected]

If you are not a FFOCUS member, please visit www.ffocus.org for details or to join FFOCUS.

-----

Mods - if you feel it appropriate to make this a sticky, FFOCUS would appreciate it. Thanks....

Is this group trying to extort money from the airline or help them? Greed is not good and is out of control now from the people who want something for nothing. Ask each member of this group what they give away for free in their business', nothing. But they will agree that they are better than the rest of us.. The frequent flyer mileage benefits are being paid by the widows of retired airline employees. At least this extortion should be taxed. FFOCUS attitude; Hey guys give us something for free and we will stop posting on this web site.

Warning years ago about this extortion scam

Is this group trying to extort money from the airline or help them? Greed is not good and is out of control now from the people who want something for nothing. Ask each member of this group what they give away for free in their business', nothing. But they will agree that they are better than the rest of us.. The frequent flyer mileage benefits are being paid by the widows of retired airline employees. At least this extortion should be taxed. FFOCUS attitude; Hey guys give us something for free and we will stop posting on this web site.

Warning years ago about this extortion scam

This is all about helping and reporting irregular ops! Extorting money? :down:

More than a little pathetic.

If you think LCC is unacceptably unreliable, fly another carrier. Problem solved.

Much simpler than this FFOCUS nonsense, and will get the message across much more efficiently.

"I do not take free flights, but I do earn award travel based on the mileage of the numerous paid flights I take."
Do these free flights come out of the employee pockets and retired widows or the CEO' bonus. Nothing is for free.

I guess the same applies to your non rev travel.

Do you get perks in your job.

Yup, and so do my loyal clients who pay me a ton of money. Don't worry, you won't have a need for a FF program soon enough--your "loyal" customers are leaving....try feeding yourself with no income.

Yup, and so do my loyal clients who pay me a ton of money. Don't worry, you won't have a need for a FF program soon enough--your "loyal" customers are leaving....try feeding yourself with no income.

You are assuming I am the spokesman for the company, I am not. If you try to extort money from the mouths of babes and do not get your way, enjoy the satisfaction of their demise, because you did not get your way. Nice threat though, but it does not apply to me big tuff guy.

Do you accept free flights from Usairways? Yes or no.

I take free flights (nonrev and Dividend Miles from money I've spent). Whats your point? :blink:

Today was not a good day. Mainly weather/ATC/crew rest from yesterday, but throw in a maint just for good luck and it made the day perfect.
Todays flights looked something like this
Skd To Actual
700a CLT 710a
700a DCA 705a
745a PHL 826a
749a PHX 747a
830a CLT 1010a
1015a CLT XLD crew
1035a PIT 1044a
1125a CLT 1203p
1140a DCA 1210p
1215p PHL 254p
110p CLT 159p
130p DCA 146p
210p PHL 301p
300p CLT XLD crew timed out from ATC
323p PHL 400p
432p DCA XLD ATC
453p CLT 645p
455p PHL 649p
500p PIT XLD Maint
510p PHX 511p
619p DCA 834p
655p CLT 818p
725p PHL 926p
917p LAS 941p

I take free flights (nonrev and Dividend Miles from money I've spent). Whats your point? :blink:

Today was not a good day. Mainly weather/ATC/crew rest from yesterday, but throw in a maint just for good luck and it made the day perfect.
Todays flights looked something like this
Skd To Actual
700a CLT 710a
700a DCA 705a
745a PHL 826a
749a PHX 747a
830a CLT 1010a
1015a CLT XLD crew
1035a PIT 1044a
1125a CLT 1203p
1140a DCA 1210p
1215p PHL 254p
110p CLT 159p
130p DCA 146p
210p PHL 301p
300p CLT XLD crew timed out from ATC
323p PHL 400p
432p DCA XLD ATC
453p CLT 645p
455p PHL 649p
500p PIT XLD Maint
510p PHX 511p
619p DCA 834p
655p CLT 818p
725p PHL 926p
917p LAS 941p

Nice graph, your point please.

Nice graph, your point please.
FFOCUS wants to hear about operational irregularities you've experienced on US Airways. We are collecting anecdotal information to show US management and other concerned parties how unreliable transportation on US Airways has become. We ask you be as detailed as possible including dates and flight numbers.

Did you not read the first post? I guess you're too busy attacking the paying pax to pay attention. :down:

I guess the same applies to your non rev travel.

While I am on your side, I must say that the employees of US did actually pay for those "perks". They gave up contractual items to maintain certain "perks" that some in the know are pretty derisive about. It is an irritant to me when someone references a "free ride", especially when the flights are so full that I must ride a jump seat for five or six hours just to get to work (Company won't buy my house, pay for my move and I got family there). Besides, the entire east coast constitutes a vacuum, hence the reason the prevailing wind blows from the west to the east, as it were. :)

I've NEVER taken a free flight PERIOD

From its inception Dividend Miles has been:

a PROFIT CENTER

All Airline Loyalty programs are PROFIT CENTERS and continue to be. You could look it up.

Check the World Com, US and Air Canada BK Papers for supporting documentation.

If memory serves, US got $450 Million from the Sale of Mile to Barclays Bank in order to help finance the merger.

Airlines factor in so many award inventory seats as part of the fare structure. Same as Non Rev seats are factored into Labor Costs.

So given the above I've NEVER flown for free. I earn EVERY award ticket, I generate a 43% revenue premium according to Doug, which more than covers the incremental cost of a seat that otherwise would be left unsold.

When you try to hijack a thread and bring trolls like Bera96 out try having a clue and a fact or 7 to support your argument.
Now then to the business at hand. Please if you have pics, or stories that go toward the ORIGINAL POSTERS topic please send them, we are builing a file as they say and your feedback is important.

Rebuttal to bob article

Pineybob quote

"When you try to hijack a thread and bring trolls like Bera96 out try having a clue and a fact or 7 to support your argument. "

Bob continue on your right of the unhijacked thread but do not throw darts out of rebuttal during your quest of righteousness. That is gutless rebuttal.