FFOCUS seeks A320 reconfiguration comments

jimcfs

Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
Athens, WV
www.cfld.com
As we all know, the A320 reconfig's have started. FFOCUS would like your opinion on them to pass onto Tempe.

Go to the FFOCUS home page... under BoeingBoy's picture, in the first news item dated 02/03/07, there are links for you to leave your comments concerning the A320. One is for customers, another is for employees.

Time is critical here, so we can pass on comments to Tempe soon. We ask you do this no later than Wednesday 2/7, if possible.

You do not need to be a FFOCUS member to participate. If you'd like to join FFOCUS, there is a "Join FFOCUS" link on the left menu bar of the FFOCUS home page. US Employees are more than welcome to join FFOCUS. Several who frequent this board are members.

These folks were nice enough to let me in awhile back. I know quite a few of the guys & they are all friends.
I can tell you they REALLY DO care about employees & wish USAIRWAYS to be successful.
I wear my "roach pin" on my hat.

These folks were nice enough to let me in awhile back. I know quite a few of the guys & they are all friends.
I can tell you they REALLY DO care about employees & wish USAIRWAYS to be successful.
I wear my "roach pin" on my hat.

REALLY? :huh:

YES! Really, the coach is a respected member of FFOCUS. It doesn't matter if you have 10,000,000 miles or 26 years flying the line, all are welcome.

Please feel free to post your observations regarding the 320 configuration on our web site.

I'LL Pass Thanks!! ;)

As we all know, the A320 reconfig's have started. FFOCUS would like your opinion on them to pass onto Tempe.

Go to the FFOCUS home page... under BoeingBoy's picture, in the first news item dated 02/03/07, there are links for you to leave your comments concerning the A320. One is for customers, another is for employees.

Time is critical here, so we can pass on comments to Tempe soon. We ask you do this no later than Wednesday 2/7, if possible.

You do not need to be a FFOCUS member to participate. If you'd like to join FFOCUS, there is a "Join FFOCUS" link on the left menu bar of the FFOCUS home page. US Employees are more than welcome to join FFOCUS. Several who frequent this board are members.

Thanks for the link.

Here is my response:

While A&W flights are, on average, so short, and therefore pax seemingly can tolerate tight seat pitch, east flights seem much longer. Short seat pitch that may be tolerable out west is unacceptable for the longer flights.
The first medical problem that results from such changes, I will be there providing evidence of malicious negligence on the part of USAirways and specifically targeting the CEO.

Just for the record, the A320/A319 reconfiguration is in the process of being corrected. There were only a handful of a/c that were completed, and they are being fixed, but will take a couple of months to complete. The closet will still come out, however the equipment will not be located in the overhead compartment allowing room for carry-on bags. I beleive that the video equipment may stay in the overhead compartment for now until that a/c can be put into a much deeper maintenance cycle for wiring movement. I would have to agree that the move to place the equipment overhead was bad, real bad.

That particular reconfiguration is exactly like the west a/c, the major difference is video equipment, is in the aft on the west and emergency equipment does not take up overhead space to the extent that it was on the east.

I would have to agree that the move to place the equipment overhead was bad, real bad.

That particular reconfiguration is exactly like the west a/c, the major difference is video equipment, is in the aft on the west and emergency equipment does not take up overhead space to the extent that it was on the east.

The video equipment placement isn't the only problem with the loss of overhead space in F/C.....US East A-320's are EOW ( Extended Overwater) A/C...so the removal of the closets also placed 2 large Survival Kits into the F/C overhead directly across from the video equipment. What's really bad is when you have FAM's preboard and there is LITERALLY NO MORE F/C overhead space left for the other 10 F/C passengers. Brilliant! :rolleyes: From my experience boarding that A/C.....there is a huge backup with not only F/C passengers trying to place their luggage behind them in Coach but also the people from the bulkhead (first row of coach) back to the exit rows! It's a mess, especially because the bulkhead seats don't have space for passengers to put luggage underneath the seat in front of them and all their luggage MUST go in the overhead bins! :rolleyes:

The video equipment placement isn't the only problem with the loss of overhead space in F/C.....US East A-320's are EOW ( Extended Overwater) A/C...so the removal of the closets also placed 2 large Survival Kits into the F/C overhead directly across from the video equipment. What's really bad is when you have FAM's preboard and there is LITERALLY NO MORE F/C overhead space left for the other 10 F/C passengers. Brilliant! :rolleyes: From my experience boarding that A/C.....there is a huge backup with not only F/C passengers trying to place their luggage behind them in Coach but also the people from the bulkhead (first row of coach) back to the exit rows! It's a mess, especially because the bulkhead seats don't have space for passengers to put luggage underneath the seat in front of them and all their luggage MUST go in the overhead bins! :rolleyes:

I Heard The Video Equipment Will Be Placed In The Back Of The A/C.

Just for the record, the A320/A319 reconfiguration is in the process of being corrected. There were only a handful of a/c that were completed, and they are being fixed, but will take a couple of months to complete.

UWCactus, no disrespect intended but all the east 320's have been reconfigured to the F12-Y138 config, I believe the last one was completed a few weeks, maybe even a month ago.

Regards

LGA777

I apologize, I was not very clear on that...the reconfig with the emergency equipment placed in the location that it was has been stopped and is being corrected so there is more overhead space.

So now the emeergency equiptment is in the freaking galley... over the oven... ok

I feel like I work for a third world carrier in Africa. It wouldn't surpise me if we took the remaining overhead bins out to put cages in to transport chickens. We really are the most white trash, thrown together regional airline operation these days.

So now the emeergency equiptment is in the freaking galley... over the oven... ok

I feel like I work for a third world carrier in Africa.

That remark is an insult to third world African carriers. Most of these airlines offer a better product than we do! :shock: