FFOCUS Requests Input

Are there even anymore Sat. night restrictions? I thought all fares can be purchased one-way now?
I know there are on other carriers. I checked DCA-BDL real quick and it doesn't seem like they have Sat. stay requirements, but they certainly have fares that require RT purchase as well as an advance purchase. I don't think his company is purchasing these with much advance purchase.

Recommendation found in a publication.

"If you want to take your grievance to the next level, contact the Aviation Consumer Protection Division, which handles consumer's air travel service complaints. This arm of the U.S. Department of Transportation records and tracks the number of complaints airlines receive each month and publishes the related information in its Air Travel Consumer Report. It also uses the information to identify problems and make necessary changes in its consumer protection regulations.

To file a complaint, call (202) 366-2220) or email the Aviation Consumer Protection Division, or write the organization a letter using the guidelines above and send it to:

Aviation Consumer Protection Division
C-75 U.S. Department of Transportation
400 Seventh Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20590"

I am late to this thread, and I'm saddened to read it.

A group of consumers organize themselves to send a message to a business they patronize - what could be more American ? So the first thing folks do is snipe at them.

We unconditionally accept any gathering of the moneyed establishment (NAM, Chamber of Commerce), but let a few proles meet up, and all hell breaks loose.

A very telling thread, and one that explains the status of working Americans.

To the point made, go fly another airline - in many markets it's not that simple. If you're flying to or from a small to medium MSA, you may only have one option. On the East Coast, that option is often US.

You FFOCUS'ers stick with it, because short of Chapt 7, you're the only thing that might get the SandCastle's attention. I feared the US virus would migrate from the Palace to the Castle (birds of a feather), and it looks like I was right.

My friend flew US BDL-DCA on Friday evening. His plane landed at 7p. There were storms in the DC area, and as a result he said the ramp was closed so the rampers couldn't unload his luggage off the plane for several hours. I don't know how long the storms kept the ramp closed (I don't remember it being that stormy on Wednesday that late into the evening but I live by IAD)
I was in DCA on Wed. evening. Your friend was lucky to have made it in at that time. His flight must have been one of the last flights to have landed before the weather hit. The airport (not just the US ramp) was closed for quite some time (hours) right around that time. My US DFW (720pm)delayed flight was canceled(AA & CO flights too)and we had nothing to do but watch the show(weather). There were no hotel rooms to be found after 9pm in a radius up to and including BWI because of all the cancelations. The terminal looked like a refugee camp the next morning with all the passengers (from all airlines) sleeping where ever they could find to lay down. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be struck by lightning for any amount of $$$.

I was in DCA on Wed. evening. Your friend was lucky to have made it in at that time. His flight must have been one of the last flights to have landed before the weather hit. The airport (not just the US ramp) was closed for quite some time (hours) right around that time. My US DFW (720pm)delayed flight was canceled(AA & CO flights too)and we had nothing to do but watch the show(weather). There were no hotel rooms to be found after 9pm in a radius up to and including BWI because of all the cancelations. The terminal looked like a refugee camp the next morning with all the passengers (from all airlines) sleeping where ever they could find to lay down. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be struck by lightning for any amount of $$$.
Please do not confuse us with facts. My luggage was late, plain and simple.

:mf_boff:

FFOCUS mission statment :

FFOCUS is comprised of a dedicated group of Frequent Flyers Organized and Committed to US Airways' Success. We strive to implement positive change in the overall US Airways customer experience by building partnerships with senior management, and by recognizing the outstanding US Airways employees whose unparalleled dedication to service motivates us to remain loyal US Airways customers. We believe that the combination of a simpler, more rationalized fare structure, a revised route structure focusing on key US Airways markets, enhanced e-commerce initiatives, and the overall reduction of labor costs will enable US Airways to compete and profit in a marketplace increasingly dominated by "low cost carriers." We are dedicated to administering our collective knowledge as US Airways' most frequent and loyal customers to assist senior m anagement in achieving these objectives. We also provide outreach in our home communities and with our local governments, and liase with our local and national media outlets with the objective of improving the public's perception of US Airways as their transformation unfolds.

i like this part right here where they say ,

"and the overall reduction of labor costs "

i'd like to call out FFOCUS and ask , so what exactly do you mean by that phrase ?

Labor Cost can be reduced two ways.

One way you're already quite familiar with and IMO is the LEAST effective way to lower cost. It is however the easist way for management to enrich themselves with out doing the "heavy lifting" required to make the structural changes. Wages are but one component of "Labor Costs".

The second way is to streamline operations. To do more tasks with less Labor. In other words to work SMARTER, NOT HARDER. by examining EVERY business process and look for ways to drive cost out of your business.
But make no mistake -- if management is unwilling or unable to reduce costs "the second way," FFOCUS will be hollering for management to reduce costs the first way (i.e., cutting wages) before cutting costs anywhere else that might inconvenience FFOCUS members even slightly.

FFOCUS is NOT the friend of the LCC employee. When it comes down to it, they could care less about you, as long as they get their upgrades and a relatively cheap fare.

You know this HOW?
From your posts here during USAirways' darkest days.

You don't remember those endless and repetitive posts you made? You know, the ones that said in essence, "If you don't like it,* quit. Just don't inconvenience me. I want my upgrade at a cheap fare and no hassle, and I don't want to hear your constant whining. WalMart is hiring. I AM THE CUSTOMER, and you are the help. If you kiss my a$$, I'll pretend to like and support you. But if you dare inconvenience me, I'll treat you like siht."

* "It" = pay cut, loss of pension, loss of work rules, working for MidAtlantic; whatever U was doling out at the time. You were simply telling U employees to bend over and take it, or leave.

Not only did your last post here contain a personal attack it contained over 800 personal attacks. So I'm wondering how many days in the cornfield 800 personal attacks get you?
How does a comment about a group, FFOCUS, constitute a "personal" attack?

Speaking of personal attacks, shall I post the charming PM's you've been stalking me with?

And speaking of personal attacks, what about all the references to "scum sucking ambulance chaser" you make? Or all the insults you have made here about LCC management?

Thanks for the clarification bob , i'm all for streamlining opps whenever possible and i do think our company needs all the advice it can get . However i have my reservations about FFOCUS , read here

"We are collecting anecdotal information to show US management and other concerned parties how unreliable transportation on US Airways has become"

If they mean by other concerned parties the media then i'm not so sure about FFOCUS ...We've had enough bad press , i no longer see how any more will help, if they have something constructive then i'm all for hearing it , but if they simply want to make headlines :down:

Might we need a watch dog :ph34r: ? yes , but we must be carefull that the watchdog doesn't turn into a bloodhound :eek: .

Thanks for the clarification bob , i'm all for streamlining opps whenever possible and i do think our company needs all the advice it can get . However i have my reservations about FFOCUS , read here

"We are collecting anecdotal information to show US management and other concerned parties how unreliable transportation on US Airways has become"

If they mean by other concerned parties the media then i'm not so sure about FFOCUS ...We've had enough bad press , i no longer see how any more will help, if they have something constructive then i'm all for hearing it , but if they simply want to make headlines :down:

Might we need a watch dog :ph34r: ? yes , but we must be carefull that the watchdog doesn't turn into a bloodhound :eek: .
You've got it.

They'll pretend to be friends to the front-line employee when convenient and to score PR points. But stand in their way of a free upgrade or a cheap fare, and they'll just as soon see your company out of business and you out of a job.

"Just business," you know.

You come on hear and engage in some personal vendetta.
How is holding you accountable for your posts a "personal vendetta"?

I'm not verbally jousting with you any longer because frankly I wouldn't pee on you if you were on fire.
Excellent. Good thing you are above engaging in personal attacks. :rolleyes:

You've got it.

They'll pretend to be friends to the front-line employee when convenient and to score PR points. But stand in their way of a free upgrade or a cheap fare, and they'll just as soon see your company out of business and you out of a job.

"Just business," you know.
How is holding you accountable for your posts a "personal vendetta"?
Excellent. Good thing you are above engaging in personal attacks. :rolleyes:

just so we are clear , i'm not agreeing with your view point bear , FFOCUS does have their uses , i'm simply saying we need to watch them :ph34r: .

FFOCUS when it started appeared to have the wool pulled over it's eyes by CCY. CCY attempted to manipulate them for their own purpose. Fortunately they were able to see what CCY was doing and was put in the proverbial dog house by CCY, in part because they sided with labor on many things.

I think I remember hearing a story somewhere where Mr. PineyBob received an enema kit from CCY after they began to side with labor. I think that was a suddle hint of management's opinion of FFOCUS at that point.

Since then, I don't think their stance has waviered. They appear to be willing to do what they feel is necessary from a customer's perspective to ensure US's success.

I think I can safely say the number one thing that they want right now is the same thing you want as an employee: a functional airline.

There is an old saying, the enemy of my enemy is my ally. You may not agree with FFOCUS, but like many of the employees they are fed up with the actions of the current management so why not use them to help advance your goals?

Both the customers and labor are in a war with management. One of key elements in the art of war is to make sure that you know the facts, and when possible only rely on first hand knowledge. Once all of the information is gathered, a battle can properly be waged with management on multiple fronts. The result of this war is nothing less then a functional airline.