Fleet Service Arbitration or IAM concession

I have no problem with a fleet person posting in a mech thread, never have.

And since Canale's letter September, Hemenway put out an e-mail saying the IAM is excluding the West from Profit Sharing, I am searching for it now.

And yes I was wrong, you all see that? Happy now, it was about M&R.

This is a response from an e-mail to mgmt about the profit sharing and how it will be handled, if the IAM does have control of it like Al says and it all goes to the US east side and the west side gets shafted this airline will never make it we will shut it down, nothing will leave on time! this is not the way to bring the work forces together if it wasn't for this merger the east side would be no more they would of liquidated!!!

this is the e-mail with te names taken out of the guy who sent it!

XXXX,

Since I am most familiar with the profit sharing rules, I wanted to write back and offer some information. I assume you are in the mechanic and related employee by your
remarks.

In any case, the restructuring agreements (which contain the profit share provisions) provide that the monies allocated to each ground Union group is distributed based on W-2 earnings, and therefore the unions do not have the authority to decide to make distributions on any other basis. So they could not decide to give part time employees the same amount as full time because the distribution must be based on W-2 earnings. The ground Unions can decide three things, first whether to include West employees in the plan, second, whether to include eligible retired employees who had company W-2 earnings during the year, and third whether to include eligible furloughed employees who had W-2 earnings during the calendar year.

We are in process of getting back these answers from each union and the data is nearly complete. Assuming you are in the mechanics group, the IAM has, at this point in time, elected to not include the West employees in the plan and they have elected to include eligible furloughed, or retired employees who had W-2 during the target year.

These are contractual issues. The union cannot decide to distribute to part time the same as full time as the plan requires distribution based on W-2 earnings. On the other three decisions, i.e. the inclusion of West employees, and the inclusion of retired and/or furloughed employees, those decisions are solely up to the Union and on those points the Company has no authority.

The IAM has indicated to the Company that the basis for their decision to not include West mechanics under the plan was the fact that the West mechanics are not currently covered under the IAM agreement, which is the contract which contains the profit share rules.

While I know these are not the answers you were hoping for, I hope this at least helps answer what can
and cannot be done and who is responsible for what decisions.

Best regards. Al H.
:angry:

Mechanic and Related, mech thread is short for M&R Group, and anyone can post anywhere, you are a passenger, or shall I say former passenger, so following your logic, you shouldn't be posting at all in this thread?

And once again you are trying to make it about me and not the topic since you were not ever involved in the negotiation process nor ever an employee.

Mechanic and Related, mech thread is short for M&R Group, and anyone can post anywhere, you are a passenger, or shall I say former passenger, so following your logic, you shouldn't be posting at all in this thread?

And once again you are trying to make it about me and not the topic since you were not ever involved in the negotiation process nor ever an employee.
Really, it was a simple question. By your response you seem to have some say as to who gets to post where and when. Just making sure you hadn't got your A&P over Christmas.

BTW, I'm confused again. I still fly US. Do you still work there? Using your logic, who should not be posting here?

And for your information, I know a great deal more about what took place in that room and what the IAM did and did not do than you will ever want me to post here, so let's not go down that road.

Go ahead and post it since you were not there and I was, lets see what lies or BS you were fed.

Nope not there, I left for greener pastures and I am making more money where I am now than I did after 18 years at US and I have better benefits and a pension once again, I still have family and friends there and still in contact with a certain GC who is a personal friend of mine.

And like I said, I have no problem with who posts where, maybe you need to reread what I posted as I said using YOU'RE logic.

Would you rather snapback now or four or more years from now?

I would rather get it now then wait four or more years to snapback.

You choose to ignore the fact that "change of control" only addresses wages not all the other concessions bestowed on your precious members.

You further ignore the fact that the snapbacks were in the CWA CBA and not in the IAM CBA prior to a "change of control" becoming a issue.

You further ignore the fact that anything can happen in arbritration, and there is no appeal, even with a so called "iron clad" case and an IAM willing to negotiate it's grandma away.

Sorry I would rather have snap back for ALL concessions already in my back pocket and just fight for getting wage snapbacks sooner rather then possibly not at all.

And why are you saying "I" when you left for greener pastures? Since you admit you left did you leave voluntarily? Careful best to ignore that..rather then lie.

And like I said, I have no problem with who posts where, maybe you need to reread what I posted as I said using YOU'RE logic.
Great, let's use my logic. I still fly US so I get to post. You no longer work here and has been proven your information is not accurate. You no longer get to post here. See ya.... :up:

That sure was easy. Going to be a very quiet board. How do we get rid a of a certain bend over babe?

When you purchase US Aviation then you can tell who can post and not post.

Using you're logic once again, you are not fleet nor an employee so you can't post on this thread, lol!

Once again, you keep trying to make it about me and not the topic at hand, why is that? Oh wait, you are not an employee never were and you don't know what transpired at US Airways, just what you read here.

Get back on topic.

When you purchase US Aviation then you can tell who can post and not post.

Using you're logic once again, you are not fleet nor an employee so you can't post on this thread, lol!

Once again, you keep trying to make it about me and not the topic at hand, why is that? Oh wait, you are not an employee never were and you don't know what transpired at US Airways, just what you read here.

Get back on topic.
Dang, I thought we agreed to use my logic and you were no longer allowed to post here. Oh well, I knew it couldn't be that easy. :p

Have a Happy New Year

Once again, you keep trying to make it about me and not the topic at hand, why is that? Get back on topic.
Speaking of which...700UW hypocrite extraordinaire

You really dont have an idea.

We all know you hate the IAM as you were removed from office and tried and failed to start your own union several times, the first causing major harm to the employees as you filed short on cards.
Lets see here...

Off topic
Making it about someone else
Attacking

Happy New Year to you too L4PI.

Come on Charlie, post my whole posting, not just snipets.

I guess the warning the moderators sent you and I means nothing to you.

And what I posted was not an attack, it was the truth, Tim Nelson was removed from a Grievance Committee position for dual unionism, and also trying to incite a work stopping on a ramp website, he did file short on cards and tried to start his own union several times and he did cause a one year bar on organizing and during that time the company began taking things from the ramp and customer service.

So please explain to me if these events did occur, how is it an attack?

Funny how you ignored the questions I poised to you, what is a matter, can't answer them?

Once again you make it about me instead of the topic, guess you will never change.

Take your own advice.

Funny how you ignored the questions I poised to you, what is a matter, can't answer them?

Can't you read here is my answer or do you selectively ignore?...

your questions..

Would you rather snapback now or four or more years from now?

I would rather get it now then wait four or more years to snapback.

My answer..

Sorry I would rather have snap back for ALL concessions already in my back pocket and just fight for getting wage snapbacks sooner rather then possibly not at all.

Now respond to my questions in previous posts and these statements (no selective responses)

You choose to ignore the fact that "change of control" only addresses wages not all the other concessions bestowed on your precious members.

You further ignore the fact that the snapbacks were in the CWA CBA and not in the IAM CBA prior to a "change of control" becoming a issue.

You further ignore the fact that anything can happen in arbritration, and there is no appeal, even with a so called "iron clad" case and an IAM willing to negotiate it's grandma away.

Keep it on topic

Back