Fleet Service is the IAM whippin' post

I guess you heard wrong:

And you also have to know the Mechanics at US/East have been IAM and under a CBA since 1949.
I thought you lost the 50 years of bargining down the bankruptcy toilet? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you beat your drum by saying everything you have was the result of a bankruptct judge or have you forgotten that you went into bankrupcty?

Look 700, if you're trying to say the M & R will come out better due to some alleged 'tenuring' then you're full of it. Fairness doesn't have to get in line for anything.

These ramp guys are just saying that there is a reason why the Pilots, and M & R doesn't go first in 'good times'. The clear paradigm is give fleet a little so mechanics can have more, then give the pilots even more. I think fleet service kinda smashed that down in September and that is why Parker is 'desperate' to get back to the fleet service table. So desperate that he lined up negotiaitons almost immediately after the COC decision. I personally wouldn't mind fleet service stepping aside to see what the M & R get and the Pilots get, then negotiate. Otherwise, 'me too's.

Mechanics deserve a fair wage, bottom line. But the IAM has used other groups as bargaining chips to preserve Mechanic interest. Now with the utility chip basically gone, fleet is the only thing left to give out a smaller portion of the pie. Our network is standing by.

regards,

The fact that the job is physical and in reality a young man's job is not a bargaining chip!
Who said anything about it being a bargaining chip? Or a young mans job?

I have been doing this for over 20 years in CLT. I am in better shape than a lot of 25 year olds.(Too many video games) No surgeries, no braces or other supports, no bad back, I don't have to take medications daily to roll out of bed. Lucky? Maybe. I like to think I am good at what I do. How many times have you been told "I couldn't do your job. I don't know how you do it". I have even had a few mechanic friends of mine tell me that. Like I said not just anybody can do this job and remain healthy over the long haul. I realized how physical this job was going to be after just a few days. I've played sports in school and don't ever recall getting as many sore muscles as I did the first two weeks of "humping bags".

Respect each other
C/S....Not for me I don't have what it takes to deal with the public face to face.
F/A.....Same with you and couldn't be away from home that much.
Pilot....No way. Don't want that much responsibilty.
Mechanic....Never have liked changing my own oil not for me either.

The list could go on but bottom line.... respect. That is all I ask. You each have mine.

In the old HP my impression was the M&R were considered a "skilled group".
When ramp got it's CBA we were told that ramp could'nt top out more than
the lowest M&R which was 15/hr. To get around that any ramper who was
topped out got longevity pay but it was pennies.

Tim Nelson is IMO totally right about the paradigm that is used for the different
labor groups. I don't think anybody is saying that ramp should make more
money than the mechanics. But why shouldn't the ramp have a better
relative contract than the other groups? What the more perseptive
people are saying here is that this is highly unlikely to happen if the ramp
is first to come to an agreement. First of all the company would fight
extra as they do not want a high wage precident to influence what goes
on with the other groups.

However, if the other groups were to come to an agreement first IMO it would
be much easier for the ramp to get a better deal. So yes I totally agree
with the basic thrust of this post. And to be real It's not just the company
who is against the ramp getting a good deal.
Thanks BF

Dear fellow fleet service workers , while you have an admirable view of in which order we should conduct negations , it’s not realistic . We make the least which means we need a new contract far sooner than the other groups . The way labor is at this company most of us are going to be retired before the pilots get a new contract , and as far as MX , we truly don’t know how close or far they are to getting what they seek . What if their years away from a new contract ? I don’t believe we should put our futures on hold for “what if’s “

No disrespect for my fellow MX brothers , it’s simply I’m uniformed of what it is you want from this company and if it’s reasonable or not , I know the west MX has been waiting for YEARS and I don’t want to see the same thing happen to fleet .

Dear fellow fleet service workers , while you have an admirable view of in which order we should conduct negations , it’s not realistic . We make the least which means we need a new contract far sooner than the other groups . The way labor is at this company most of us are going to be retired before the pilots get a new contract , and as far as MX , we truly don’t know how close or far they are to getting what they seek . What if their years away from a new contract ? I don’t believe we should put our futures on hold for “what if’s “

No disrespect for my fellow MX brothers , it’s simply I’m uniformed of what it is you want from this company and if it’s reasonable or not , I know the west MX has been waiting for YEARS and I don’t want to see the same thing happen to fleet .

The West mx contract 'expired' in Oct 2003. What does mx want? What does the ramp want? FA's? Pilots?The answer is going to vary by each person asked - just like every other work group. More $$$, full sick pay, more vacation, better benefits, better working conditions......sound familiar?

Freedom: I wasn't proposing that we wait longer due to this factor, but
it is something to consider. At least as it relates to M&R. Maybe they will
come up with a TA before us or at the same time but I doubt it. I think
we have a different view of what an acceptable TA will be. But check out
this very cynical scenario: The new TA will come out; it will be short of
what you think is reasonable by about 15% ; it will be for 5 years and
significantly lose to inflation, and it will PASS by less that 100 votes.

That type of scenario would actually be a loss for the company as well as fleet , I don’t have much faith in the ability of the company men to negotiate workable contracts especially If it’s the same AWA contract guys who’ve lost so much for our company …

I hope the negotiators from the company are reading this , here’s a lesson that even I learned as a young man on making deals with other people …

YOU DON’T GET AHEAD BY SCREWING YOUR BUSSINESS PARTNER ..

there you have it ..... :rolleyes:

golden

"Skilled Labor -vs- Unskilled Labor!!!!!"

don't think for a minute that just because you K_ssed Canolis Arse that you became skilled labor,,

you a bag chucker just like the rest of us.. Except you have lost your way in the Canale world..

remember everyone you screw today you might be working with tomorrow

I guess you heard wrong:

September 7, 2007
File: USA-18
2007-100
IAM / U S AIRWAYS TRANSITION NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE

IAM/US Airways Transition Negotiations Grind to a Halt

Even before the IAM was certified as the collective bargaining representative for the combined US
Airways-America West Mechanic& Related and Stores workforce, we were preparing for negotiations.

We surveyed the membership and developed proposals to fairly integrate the two airlines’ employees and negotiate contract improvements for the combined workforce. After the IAM’s certification and nearly a year of semi-productive bargaining, both the IAM and US Airways enlisted the assistance of the National Mediation Board in the hope of reaching an agreement.

Your negotiating committee this week presented US Airways with a comprehensive proposal that
addressed the issues the membership said they wanted addressed in these negotiations. Your committee unanimously agreed that our proposal was the best chance for a deal and it would receive the full support of the membership. However, US Airways response once again failed to fully address our reasonable proposal and no future meetings are scheduled. Your negotiating committee members are returning to their regular assignments.

US Airways has demonstrated no interest in reaching a fair agreement and unifying its Mechanic &
Related workforce. We are disappointed at US Airways’ lack of commitment to its employees and their failure to share the airlines’ success with the employees whose sacrifices generate the airline’s profits.

There had been glimmers of hope in recent weeks because of the able assistance provided by Linda Puchala and Dick Hanusz of the National Mediation Board. However, even their help couldn’t overcome US Airways’ indifference toward its employees.

Throughout the negotiating process our attorneys have continued preparing for the Change of Control arbitration, which is scheduled for September 13 -14, 2007. In fact, we were prepared to present our case when it was originally scheduled to begin last February.

IAM members have suffered through US Airways’ refusal to participate in the original arbitration hearing and endured the airline’s hopeless attempts to block the arbitration. The Machinists Union was successful in convincing a judge to order the case to go forward, and District 142 is eager to finally present our case before a neutral arbitrator.

The membership will be updated as developments occur. Thank you for your continued solidarity and
support.

And you also have to know the Mechanics at US/East have been IAM and under a CBA since 1949.

The info I got was from a Union rep. Fleet had also been given info that there was no hope and all of a sudden, presto a TA. If you believe everything from the IAM Headquarters or International than you have been drinking the koolaid. The word was that Maintenance did have a TA to present and from what I was told was a pretty good one also. Just because the mechanics have been with the IAM since 1949 is no reason for them to get a better deal than Fleet. Fleet is not asking for a better deal but an equal deal in proportion. It makes sense that they would not bring it to the membership after Fleet shot theirs down. Fleet is tired of getting the dregs and want a fair piece of the pie not the crumbs.

Skilled labor vs. Non Skilled Labor................not now.

We (fleet) operate K-Loaders worth a pretty penny. We due the receit and
dispatch, which once was consisered under the skilled labor umbrella and we
input the weight and balance for the a/c. We no longer throw bags and walk
away...............

isthisok, M/R did have a proposal in the works and it was shelved asap after
the fleet shot thiers down. That I heard from reps in the M/R dept.

bob

I was a member of the NC during the last bankrupcty I know most of the people on the current NC and spoken to several of them.

M&R never had nor were they ever close to a T/A with the company.

You cant take group that has had only one non-concessionary CBA and compare it to a totally differant group who has had a CBA for over 50 years.

It takes time to get everything you have in a CBA, you just dont walk in and get everything someone else has, and you are comparing apples to oranges when you compare M&R to Fleet.

Do you not understand M&R broke off talks in Sept, if they reached a TA it would have been voted on, what Fleet does has nothing to do with M&R and Vice Versa.

I was a member of the NC during the last bankrupcty I know most of the people on the current NC and spoken to several of them.

M&R never had nor were they ever close to a T/A with the company.

You cant take group that has had only one non-concessionary CBA and compare it to a totally differant group who has had a CBA for over 50 years.

It takes time to get everything you have in a CBA, you just dont walk in and get everything someone else has, and you are comparing apples to oranges when you compare M&R to Fleet.

Do you not understand M&R broke off talks in Sept, if they reached a TA it would have been voted on, what Fleet does has nothing to do with M&R and Vice Versa.

You can't vote on a TA that you have not brought to the membership, and I am not the only one that got this information. You believe what you want but I believe there was a TA they just didn't bring it to the members. Fleet service pays just as much union dues as Maintenance and therefore deserve just as good a contract in proportion. What Fleet does has alot to do with M&R and vice versa. Why is Fleet doing some of the jobs that M&R had before like utility and receive and dispatch aircraft? Dude you drank too much of that koolaid and are not living in the real world. In fact you aren't even living in the USAirways world.
Since I have been an IAM member my pay and benefits keep going down and my dues keep going up. How much in dues do you pay? And what group here has had one non-concessionary CBA? Fleet just keeps getting concessionary contracts over and over. How about tying the dues to the contracts. Your pay and benefits go down and so do your dues. But no we keep taking it in the shorts and our dues keep going up. Remember that we not only have a contract with the company but also the IAM and they haven't performed very good at all. You can also stick your apples and oranges comparison because it doesn't work here. Fair is fair and everyone should be represented equally. Or are you saying that Maintenance has seniority in the union over Fleet. What a joke!!!

Um no Fleet does not pay the same dollar amount for dues, M&R pay more as their wages are higher.

I have spoken with several good friends on the NC, there was never a T/A nor were they close.

Your doing the jobs because when the membership ratified the final offers it transfered the work to Fleet.

You got the same amout of Concessionary CBAs that ALPA, AFA, CWA, IAM and TWU has, two in the first bankruptcy and one in the second.

Also every organized group in 1992 took concessions in their CBAs.

You cant compare differant classes and crafts when it comes to wages and CBAs, you have to compare the same work groups.

But I guess you been in negotiations nor been to placid harbor for the training associated with it.

I never said Mechanics have seniority over fleet, dont put words in my posts.

But you fail to comprehend, a group that has been under contract since 1949 would have more than a group who has only gotten one non-concessionary contract.

Take the time and educate yourself the above matter.

But I guess you been in negotiations nor been to placid harbor for the training associated with it.

Take the time and educate yourself the above matter.

Take time to educate yourself, huh. You go to the Manson Compound (placid) and come back
educated. An educated person would not get involved in a he said, he said match. As many friends as
you claim to have, I'm sure isthisok has just as many who currently work in the field right beside him
everyday as I do. There was a T/A on the table between the M/R and the company but that deal would have only been put out for ratification contingent on the fleet service work group ratifying thiers.
That didn't happen sssooo now what, they were never close. I've seen many people attend ''Placid''
and come back with all intentions of staying in the loop to be groomed and elevated in the buisness
we call the IAM.

Isthisok-
I completely agree with you and its' always nice to see the IAM loyalist combing the web
site to defend thier precious ''golden idol''. ''Placid'' really thats thier education diploma. Now, they'll
come on here and defend a cult..........

Thanks