Insult.

I have never understood why those who complain the most, who seem to hate there career and company. Hang on the longest. I hope that we avoid BK. If we dont the QAL of my job will be nil. I will have to depart and say good bye to a job and career I have enjoyed so much. I dont want to be pissed at the company, customers and fellow workers. It will just be time to go.

You''re right it is time for me to go, and I know it. I haven''t been pissed all my career, just since 4-10-01. I''m pissed at Carty, I''m pissed at the TWU for being the only union on the property to not have the balls to stand up for it''s own member''s. But why should I quit now when there is a good chance I may get laid off soon, and might get a little severance to boot? I''d really like to screw the Company one last time before I leave.

Bags, by voting no you are not going to screw Carty. In fact you may help him achieve his desires earlier. He will gut whats left of the quality of life from all of those who remain. He and the rest of the SR management will get through this BK and will take of themselves.

----------------
On 4/2/2003 12:28:30 PM FA Mikey wrote:

Bags, by voting no you are not going to screw Carty. In fact you may help him achieve his desires earlier. He will gut whats left of the quality of life from all of those who remain. He and the rest of the SR management will get through this BK and will take of themselves.

----------------​

What makes you so convinced that Carty will go beyond the screwing that they are trying to shove down our throats now? This is still a service company. If we reject this, even he has to realize that if he gets harsher terms his whole concept of "a superior product" is gone. It would do more harm than good. Part of SWA''s allure is the employeees attitude. What are they going to do "paint smiles on our faces"? This is a scare tactic. He is banking on the typical American short attention span. But he is forgetting about the Irish. They hold grudges forever, in fact it is said that with Irish Altzheimers they forget everything but the grudges.He figures he will put maximum effort into this, even to the point of making absurd threats that even he knows if he put them in place it would ruin the company.
Vote No, then Vote No again. By then the contract will be up for renegotiation any way. Then vote No again.

Bob see the big picture? Wow! Thats a tall order! This is becoming a replay of the USAirways board of a year ago!
"I''ll take my chances with the Judge" has got to be THE most ignorant statement a person could make!

----------------
On 4/2/2003 2:03:31 PM Bob Owens wrote:
What makes you so convinced that Carty will go beyond the screwing that they are trying to shove down our throats now? This is still a service company. If we reject this, even he has to realize that if he gets harsher terms his whole concept of "a superior product" is gone. It would do more harm than good. Part of SWA''s allure is the employeees attitude. What are they going to do "paint smiles on our faces"? This is a scare tactic. He is banking on the typical American short attention span. But he is forgetting about the Irish. They hold grudges forever, in fact it is said that with Irish Altzheimers they forget everything but the grudges.He figures he will put maximum effort into this, even to the point of making absurd threats that even he knows if he put them in place it would ruin the company.
Vote No, then Vote No again. By then the contract will be up for renegotiation any way. Then vote No again.

----------------​

You are living in a dream world. The only person who believes AA has the ability to lose millions of dollars a day and stay in business to make life easy for you.

Survival depends on people who are not so short sighted and can see the bigger picture. People, who are smart enough to make the tough and intelligent decisions. You cannot see what is right in front of you face. You think some judge will be the mechanics saving grace. Because of your own inability to stand up for your selves in your own union, you will try to bring us all down. Good luck to those of us smarter than you.

Hopeful;
I know you will remember this, but I''ll post it anyway.

The 4 WORST things that ever happened to this company

(In no specific order)

Crandall "passed'' on PA''s asian routes that UA currently has

AA moved it''s headquarters from NY to DF+W

The TWU-ATD moved it''s headquarters from NY to DF+W

AND,

In 1989, by a (close) majority vote, the local presidents "REWARDED" AA with a huge "plum" by voting to slice our "1" contract, up into "8" slices(like a pizza)

As usual, in a minority vote, the presidents from the locals with the biggest set of GONADS( NY, BOS,DTW,DCA) voted "NO".

I fully realize that the AMT''s WERE carring the FSC''s on "their backs", every contract, until the pizza got "cut up" !

My point.

If the "company locals" (DFW TUL BNA RDU, and I think even ORD and MIA,) had any BALLS back then,and told AA to "go **ck themselves", then the concessions would have been distributed fairly across the board.

Sadly, IMHO DF+W,TUL,MIA, and mabey ORD (both AMT''s and FSC''s) will vote this "POS" in.

Some things never change !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s