Fleet Service Poll ( current Baggage handlers only!)

After US and AA merge , which union would you prefer ?

• IAM

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • TWU

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
i said it in anthr thread but id be asking what kind of deal is being worked out btwn the iam and the twu and secondly how the hell is is legal to swap iam fsa for twu to represent fsa without an election i believe it should be an election and let the memebership decide
Robbedagain, good point but I think a referendum would be legally required and that's the sorta thing that would be worked out between the unions. John John may be able to elaborate on the upstairs change of unions. Management recognized the two unions into a new entity but the membership of the CWA voted prior on any new arrangement. Not surprisingly, management's voluntary recognition of the new entity, ie., passenger service employees association, resulted in a new contract 30 days later. regards,

What happened with fleet, was the TWU withdrew their petition and everyone at fleet fell under the IAM.

As far as maintenance the IBT didnt gather enough cards to force an election.

And the only reason the company recognized the association of the ibt and cwa was that the former hp agents would be transitioned to the CWA/US CBA and no new negotiations would take place to improve the CBA.

Our group has waited too long for section 6 negotiations to walk away for yet another TA. Our group has been through two bankruptcies and a merger. Two BK Final Offers we were forced to accept and then a TA after the America West merger. This has resulted in dramatic concessions followed by years of near stagnant improvement to wages, benefits and work conditions. Enough already! We need to stay in section 6 negotiations until an agreement is reached. Only then should the NC entertain negotiations for another TA.

tut tut tut ........ we've been down this road before ... we know FOR A FACT , that once a merger takes place our management WILL NOT negotiate with us until we combine .. They've required that of all the other work groups ... furthermore , section six which I think releases us to strike does it not ? requires that the something or other board release us to do so ...and they won't release us until we have a new combined work group negotiating with the company on a new combined contract ... ( if you think we can go section six and push for a new contract once we're part of a new combined company , then please explain to me why the pilots haven't done so after all these years ? )

So long story short , in order for us to get a new contract , we are going to have to quickly join with our new partners and then go from there ....HOWEVER , don't give up all hope ... those gains that our current negotiators have made with the company in our current talks can and should be carried over to the new talks .... where we will have more leverage because we will be a bigger workgroup ... and I should mention that US Airways management will be EGAER to sign new Union contracts to Demonstrate that things are progressing at the NEW American Airlines ....\

uh ,one important point , while they will be eager to sign new contracts , in order to get the kind of gains we would all like to see , it IS going to take SERIOUS unity work on our part to make it happen .. I think by now all of us know how difficult it is to extract anything at all from this company ...

So long story short , in order for us to get a new contract , we are going to have to quickly join with our new partners and then go from there ....HOWEVER , don't give up all hope ... those gains that our current negotiators have made with the company in our current talks can and should be carried over to the new talks .... where we will have more leverage because we will be a bigger workgroup ... and I should mention that US Airways management will be EGAER to sign new Union contracts to Demonstrate that things are progressing at the NEW American Airlines ....\

I dont do polls that divide so ill leave that to you.

Do you really believe that all is going to be hunkie dorie? Since your Mgtmt buddies are watching, ill just say this.
Be careful what you wish for. Look over the AA Fleet contract. Things like Daily Flt activity instead of Weekly. Protected stations where PHX may not be on that AA protected list when all is said and done. Hell it could be the largest RJ station in the USA when it all shakes out. Dont dream about getting protected there in the transition if your not willing to protect what you have here first.

PIT was in a similar situation. PHX could end up like this...http://www.azcentral...1/2152423006001

mike33 said:
Things like Daily Flt activity instead of Weekly.

Huh? I just looked through contract and I found language pertaining to annual departure thresholds.

mike33 said:
Protected stations where PHX may not be on that AA protected list when all is said and done. Hell it could be the largest RJ station in the USA when it all shakes out.

You're cranking up that FUD machine aren't you? Jeeze.

[quote name= 'mike33'] PIT was in a similar situation. PHX could end up like this...http://www.azcentral...1/2152423006001
[/quote]

PHX isn't saddled with ridiculous passengers costs is it? Nor is it built basically in the middle of nowhere in a dying rustbelt city.You think Parker is going to just hand PHX to WN after fighting them there for years?

PHX may lose traffic to DFW but I don't see the wholesale decimation I see predicted all over the internet happening.

I dont do polls that divide so ill leave that to you.

Do you really believe that all is going to be hunkie dorie? Since your Mgtmt buddies are watching, ill just say this.
Be careful what you wish for. Look over the AA Fleet contract. Things like Daily Flt activity instead of Weekly. Protected stations where PHX may not be on that AA protected list when all is said and done. Hell it could be the largest RJ station in the USA when it all shakes out. Dont dream about getting protected there in the transition if your not willing to protect what you have here first.

PIT was in a similar situation. PHX could end up like this...http://www.azcentral...1/2152423006001

If you think having an opinion divides the membership , then yes by all means leave that to me ...

Let me start off by saying that they would have to cut pretty deep here in PHX before they would get to me ........ So I want you to know that when I talk about protecting jobs , I am not talking out of fear of losing my own here in PHX ...

One of my top concerns going forwards into a new merger with AA , is the protection of our workers , be they in hubs or field stations ...It is becoming increasingly clear that we exist in a pool that is shrinking ...and I for one am tired of it ...I am tired of seeing our hard working employee's replaced by lazy , poorly trained Service workers who don't give a damn about the job they do ..

You don't hear me asking for protection for the PHX station even though I would like it .. do you know why ? because I doubt this management would agree to "protections" for any station because our management has shown time and again that they WILL drop unprofitable locations .. and really , how can I argue that our company should keep money losing operations ?

It is my HOPE that they will keep PHX as fully staffed as it is today ... What with our awesome year round weather that by and large prevents delays , our low tax business friendly climate here in Arizona and the unmitigated professionalism of our workers in this station ....

Still , I do think about how they cut down PIT ( because we have guys from PIT who've told me about it ) and I remember when CMH got cut down from the AWA days ... then of course we have the refugee's from LAS and TUS .... When I see the struggle and the hardship that's been heaped upon on workers from closed down stations , I simply cannot stand to see anymore of it .........

I acknowledge the right of the company to shift operations from money losing stations , what I do not , and will not accept is the company outsourcing work to Service companies ..

Reactions: 1 person
If you feel that way then why did you vote for money and screw your brothers and sisters at the out stations to be laidoff and outsourced?

Reactions: 1 person
Huh? I just looked through contract and I found language pertaining to annual departure thresholds.

If you saw it you also saw the amount of flts of 5475/365=daily avg. is (15) at the low end
and 7300 /365=daily avg. (20) to restaff with employees

Where was i wrong JFK?

I acknowledge the right of the company to shift operations from money losing stations , what I do not , and will not accept is the company outsourcing work to Service companies ..
So would you be willing for self-help if asked?

And dont be bland about it

To mike and others who doubt my sincerity all I can say is that while I'm a dues paying member I am not an elected official nor do I have asperations to become one ( and am quite sastified with my repenstation via my AGC ) .

When I and many others in the west voted to out source our stations we were in a very weak economic position , while I am by no means rich or middle class , I for one am not desperate thois go round and have no intention of accepting any wage gains at the loss of stations . I also want to add that there are other factors for the yes vote besides money , the sixty day rule and my VERY negative out look for the US economy.

Maybe he learned something. You just sound like a broken record.

Because by his own admission he made that decision based on what was best for him at the time, and that the change of heart is because it's best for him now. He cares not about others unless it benefits himself.

Latest posts