Fleet Service Poll ( current Baggage handlers only!)

After US and AA merge , which union would you prefer ?

• IAM

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • TWU

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Because by his own admission he made that decision based on what was best for him at the time, and that the change of heart is because it's best for him now. He cares not about others unless it benefits himself.

So what? That logic is the foundation our entire political and economic system.

1988/SFO/ PSA HUB/ 128 flts. 2013 /SFO/12 flts. BWI,PIT,LAS to name a few ALL HUBS at one time for LCC. DP and the NEW LCC/AMR will DO ! what his BOARD , BOND HOLDERS , and SHARE HOLDERS tell him to DO ! to return profit (MONEY). So, IMO LUV will take over PHX and other HUBS/ FOCUS Stations could loose flights worked by IAM F/S. I suggest ALL who are able READ the SCOPE ARTICLE in IAM/LCC CBA. Contracts and HIRE DATE for ALL. GO ! IAM. WE will be the LARGEST UNION working for LARGEST AIRLINE.

When comparing the two system seniority rosters, it seems as if US AIRWAYS rampers have a better % on the AMR list if their hire dates are in the '85 '86 range. The current headcount is just over 8,000 current. regards,

When comparing the two system seniority rosters, it seems as if US AIRWAYS rampers have a better % on the AMR list if their hire dates are in the '85 '86 range. The current headcount is just over 8,000 current. regards,
do you have a link to those lists for fleet Tim, there is a mx link posted on the AA forum

I thought LOM 8 still existed in the new contract. Are you seeing something different?

View attachment 9679

Read the MOU...its gone

" – The TWU did not “trade” profit sharing for the pay increase. US Airways was adamant that an MOU that contained any money for our members would require removal of the profit sharing provision."

Hence the 4.3% raise

Well let's just remember that US Air was dealing with a work group in bankruptcy , when next we meet outside of bankruptcy we will expect profit sharing back same as every other work group .

Well let's just remember that US Air was dealing with a work group in bankruptcy , when next we meet outside of bankruptcy we will expect profit sharing back same as every other work group .
Freedom,
I find the early results concerning AGC and Officer Compensation interesting. During the recent election 2 of the 3 slates of candidates ran on platforms of reduced compensation for AGCs and Officers along with other proposals to help reduce cost to the district and ultimately to the members. Yet in the end the incumbent slate of candidates were elected "hands down" without addressing either issue. The election results would lead one to believe AGC/Officer compensation and reducing District costs wrer not priority issue. Your early polling suggests otherwise. Puzzling.

Well perhaps I can shead some light on that ... while I did support the idea of the opposition to reduce compensation at the end of the day I voted for the same slate as the rest of my brother's and sisters .. this is due to many reasons , many of the people I know and trust suggested that I vote the regular slate , then there is the fact that I know my AGC and trust him .

So while I and others would like to see a more normalized compensation package , at the end of the day I think most people will vote for those whom they know and trust .

But that doesn't keep me from hounding them on the issue .

Fleet will get profit sharing back about the same time Phx gets a monsoon season

Reactions: 1 person
Well perhaps I can shead some light on that ... while I did support the idea of the opposition to reduce compensation at the end of the day I voted for the same slate as the rest of my brother's and sisters .. this is due to many reasons , many of the people I know and trust suggested that I vote the regular slate , then there is the fact that I know my AGC and trust him .

So while I and others would like to see a more normalized compensation package , at the end of the day I think most people will vote for those whom they know and trust .

But that doesn't keep me from hounding them on the issue .
May I ask how many of the incumbent candidates on the slate did you know prior to voting for them? I understand many only know one or two and vote according to their advice. The down side of this is many members don't even take the time to review or consider the issues and platforms the other candidates are proposing. The incumbents' primary campaign push was it wouldn't be wise to change leadership teams in the middle of negotiations. AGC/Officer compensation was never addressed. With that being said... I do not expect this team to address the issue going forward. As far as negotiations... after eight months since the election... i'm not convinced we expedited anything with this foot dragging company.

I new none of them except for my AGC , althou I was familiar with the president from our IAM website .

So are you betting that the company is going to wave this Article and give us profit sharing thru a transition agreement?.....
And what are we bringing to table to try to neutralize the MOU?

How about we eat crow for 6 yrs!

ARTICLE 47 - DURATION OF AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT will become effective as of XXXXX Y, 2012 and will continue in full force and effect until and including XXXXX Y, 2018, and will renew itself until each succeeding XXXXX Y thereafter, except that written notice of intended change may be served in accordance with Section 6, Title I, of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, by either party no earlier than (30) calendar days prior to the 1Y day of XXXXX in any year, beginning with XXXX Y, 2018. However, either the Company or the TWU may elect to reopen this Agreement by the service of written notices in accordance with section six (6), Title I of Railway Labor Act as amended pursuant to Section 6, on or after November XX, 2017 (6 months prior to amendable date).

If you have the time, read the complete twu contract............Notice they use the Term " One Staion Agreement " a lot ! Which has to do with station protection and Phx is not one of them, but could be i guess, but its a big " if "

http://www.twubkfacts.org/Portals/39/votingdocs/FullTextFleetService.pdf

Latest posts