Fleet Service Poll ( current Baggage handlers only!)

After US and AA merge , which union would you prefer ?

• IAM

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • TWU

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
So are you betting that the company is going to wave this Article and give us profit sharing thru a transition agreement?.....
And what are we bringing to table to try to neutralize the MOU?

How about we eat crow for 6 yrs!

ARTICLE 47 - DURATION OF AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT will become effective as of XXXXX Y, 2012 and will continue in full force and effect until and including XXXXX Y, 2018, and will renew itself until each succeeding XXXXX Y thereafter, except that written notice of intended change may be served in accordance with Section 6, Title I, of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, by either party no earlier than (30) calendar days prior to the 1Y day of XXXXX in any year, beginning with XXXX Y, 2018. However, either the Company or the TWU may elect to reopen this Agreement by the service of written notices in accordance with section six (6), Title I of Railway Labor Act as amended pursuant to Section 6, on or after November XX, 2017 (6 months prior to amendable date).

Would you like me to get you a blanket ? Their much softer on the back when you roll over .

( we will get profit sharing in our joint contract )

Would you like me to get you a blanket ? Their much softer on the back when you roll over .

( we will get profit sharing in our joint contract )

You lost me on that one. I must admit i dont get it.....

I'll cut my dreads before i roll over.... :0)

I new none of them except for my AGC , althou I was familiar with the president from our IAM website .
So although you agreed with the idea of reduced compensation of AGCs/Officers and proposed ideas of lowering costs of the District you voted for the slate of candidates who addressed niether issue based on what co workers suggested you do, the fact that you knew one candidate and were familiar with the candidate for President from the website. Unfortunately, I have to agree at the end of the day, members vote for a candidate they know and vote based on coworkers' opinions they believe they can trust. A disengaged and apathetic member tends to follow the crowd instead of thinking for themself. Doesn't much matter what members' opinions are on AGC/Officers compensation now. It won't be addressed any time soon based on election results.

The merger seems to be a done deal. Speculation of an official announcement Thursday, February 14, 2013. For Fleet now is the time to focus on common interests and solidarity. It has never been more crucial. If the merger proves to be successful we need to be part of the equation. IMO... the first step to this goal is getting our own combined house in order. The consequences of this merger will present potentially divisive choices to be made by our group and others. For the betterment of the membership I am hopeful, in the end, we are united. Please fasten your seat belts there could be tough decisions and challenges ahead.

Reactions: 1 person
The merger seems to be a done deal. Speculation of an official announcement Thursday, February 14, 2013. For Fleet now is the time to focus on common interests and solidarity. It has never been more crucial. If the merger proves to be successful we need to be part of the equation. IMO... the first step to this goal is getting our own combined house in order. The consequences of this merger will present potentially divisive choices to be made by our group and others. For the betterment of the membership I am hopeful, in the end, we are united. Please fasten your seat belts there could be tough decisions and challenges ahead.

I agree with you ... Now is the time for solidarity .... Let us hope that both the TWU and IAM show solidarity with us by not dragging out any elections ..either they should decide amongst the Union leadership who will carry on or they should have A vote for the membership within three months ...

I do NOT want to be discussing which union is going to be in charge six months from now ...

We've been through this before so let's just get it done !

I agree with you ... Now is the time for solidarity .... Let us hope that both the TWU and IAM show solidarity with us by not dragging out any elections ..either they should decide amongst the Union leadership who will carry on or they should have A vote for the membership within three months ...

I do NOT want to be discussing which union is going to be in charge six months from now ...

We've been through this before so let's just get it done !
Many dues paying members at stake for both. The process takes some time. Much of it outside of either union's control. In due time it will be decided. The end result, for either union, will come to fruition in due time. In the meantime... we must be patient and allow the process to run it's course. Most important; we must not allow the process to leave us divided going forward.

Well here is a sign of enlightenment......IAM secures a deal with UNITED. For your reading pleasure FREEDOM

http://www.suntimes....ists-union.html

Retro
401k Match
Raises

I havent seen the wording of everything yet but its got to be better than the TWU MOU

I am NOT impressed they have been in negoations FOREVER ! I I

Edit : depends on how good their retro is , that might impress me .

Many dues paying members at stake for both. The process takes some time. Much of it outside of either union's control. In due time it will be decided. The end result, for either union, will come to fruition in due time. In the meantime... we must be patient and allow the process to run it's course. Most important; we must not allow the process to leave us divided going forward.

I am not patient , I have been patient long enough , I have NO INTENTION of giving our managment a few years "for free" while we try and get things done , I ain't gonna end up like the pilots and FA's where that @%$* gets dragged out forever .

3 months not six .......

I am not patient , I have been patient long enough , I have NO INTENTION of giving our managment a few years "for free" while we try and get things done , I ain't gonna end up like the pilots and FA's where that @%$* gets dragged out forever .

3 months not six .......

Ur all over the map thats for sure. Your guns shoot management Kool-aid!

Reactions: 2 people
Ur all over the map thats for sure. Your guns shoot management Kool-aid!

Well I for one have A postive feeling about this ...and yes I am excited ... I think this merger for fleet will go much better than the US/AWA one did , I think there will be much more solidarity this go round ..

While I am egar , its an eagerness to get back to the table , I accept that joint negoations will take as long as they take , I just want to hurry up and get to that point .

Remember every year we go without a cost of living increase we're taking a pay cut .

3 months not six .......
The process will run it's course however long that may take. No single member, yourself included, can change that. Sit tight in the meantime. The leadership will act in the best interests of the entire group. That is what they were elected to do, by both yourself, and the majority of our membership. Haste makes waste. I'm confident the IAM leadership will not jump too early at the memberships' cost. Patience is a virtue that tends to pay off in the long run. Many issues have to be resolved before we get to a combined contract. One step at a time.

i agree orgac and mike as far as waiting 3 months good luck freedom cuz as orgac said it takes time and if i were u go and take a look at ual tentative agreement while it looks good there make sure to read the fine print that accompanies that

Latest posts