Fleet Service Poll ( current Baggage handlers only!)

After US and AA merge , which union would you prefer ?

• IAM

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • TWU

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
I am not patient , I have been patient long enough , I have NO INTENTION of giving our managment a few years "for free" while we try and get things done , I ain't gonna end up like the pilots and FA's where that @%$* gets dragged out forever .

I take comfort in the fact that none of this is up to you.

What are the TWU union dues rate? Is it like the IAM where a $10 an hour new hire pt has to pay the same $665 a year as a topped out ft agent?

Not every part timer has to pay I know in CLT we use to have special dispensation for lower paid workers.

Reactions: 1 person
Not every part timer has to pay I know in CLT we use to have special dispensation for lower paid workers.

And how long ago was that? With our current contract its a flat rate regardless of pt or ft or senority. At least in phx that is.

This was in CLT, its in the bylaws, dont know if it was removed or not.

And how long ago was that? With our current contract its a flat rate regardless of pt or ft or senority. At least in phx that is.
It is my understanding special dispensation can be granted for members earning below a certain hourly wage. In order to accomplish this; special dispensation must be incorporated into a local's bylaws and is subject to, like all other local bylaw proposals, Grand Lodge approval. With that being said... it is up to each local lodge to initiate the process for special dispensation to be granted for their members who qualify. Special dispensation is based on hourly wage not part time or full time status. The reasoning behind this is part time employees are entitled to the same representation from the IAM as full time employees. Not sure what the TWU's dues rate structure is. Maybe someone could provide some information.