Fleet service to force vote?

Word is that Steve Lius has proven that he is no Dennis Burchette. He has been reliable and open minded and understands the concept that unionism is supposed to bring representation to all workers, not just the majority in one base.

The former suckup reps of Local 501 supported the companys offer, they have been replaced, two months ago, despite the fact that the Negotiations website, you know the place where we are supposed to go to stay informed, does not reflect the change. Expect a shift towards the left :up: :up: in negotiations now that 501 has once again returned to being a real local.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just found out from that The new 501 officers(Prez. and Rec. Sec.) consist of "gents" that I knew well. :up: :up:

These 2 men, were also Fired by AA, about 6 years ago, during "Chio's" first successful election.

501 will Definitely return to a Local with Balls again, just as it always was, for most of it's time.

Chicken Little will DEFINETLY have his hands full with these guys.

NOW if ONLY they(501), can take the LEAD, and consolidate a "confederation" of sorts, with the likes of the MIA/DCA/LAX/SFO/BOS/DTW, and ORD..."IF" ORD wants in, they than, overtime, can throw those clowns out, at the Next convention(or 2nd. convention)

It's not easy, BUT it can be done !

Now wouldn't THAT be something to see.

Thanks for the link to your website .... I don't work at TUL, so I can't log in! We will see how it all plays out, but I have pretty reliable source that says LUIS is now just like BURCHETTE and he will do what he is told to do by Carmine and Fred!!! So that being said LUIS will vote yes at the negoitations to bring the b/s proposal back to the membership for a vote and we will all be eating crap sandwiches for awhile, AGAIN!!! Thank you again TULSA!!!

Yes, they laid off in Tulsa two weeks ahead of everybody else,so Tulsa would have the best pick of jobs around the system. Most of those 750 came to AFW and DFW. Tulsa not only steals AFW's work, but they steal AFW's jobs also.

PRINCESS K, I agree with you! TUL, gets what TUL wants!!! Thanks to BURCHETTE and now LUIS. Now TUL is STEALING the 777, just to secure their jobs, and screw everyone else in the system, and those of us that are lucky enough to get a bumb sheet, I can bet my life TUL won't be an option!!! And when was the 750, was that like 1993??? Can't remember.

And then on top of everything else, LUIS will vote yes when at negoitations and we (those that are left) will have to survive with the next crappiest contract since, 1995, 2003, etc.. It just gets better everyday!!!!

Luis and Burchette, what a pair!!! They are "working together" and it is just great for the rest of us that will still be employeed!!!!

PRINCESS K, I agree with you! TUL, gets what TUL wants!!! Thanks to BURCHETTE and now LUIS. Now TUL is STEALING the 777, just to secure their jobs, and screw everyone else in the system, and those of us that are lucky enough to get a bumb sheet, I can bet my life TUL won't be an option!!! And when was the 750, was that like 1993??? Can't remember.

And then on top of everything else, LUIS will vote yes when at negoitations and we (those that are left) will have to survive with the next crappiest contract since, 1995, 2003, etc.. It just gets better everyday!!!!

Luis and Burchette, what a pair!!! They are "working together" and it is just great for the rest of us that will still be employeed!!!!

My friend, you are clueless based on your comparison of Luis to Burchette. If anything, Dennis vacated his presidency and ran to the International because he knew he would not get re-elected as President again. What he is now finding out is that he does not carry the same weight as an International officer than he did as President of the laargest local in the ATD. If anything, Luis is the "Anti-Burchette!" You clearly do not know of what you speak.

There is no stealing of the 777 going on. A decision was made to move the check from AFW to TUL. No one can claim a check is rightfully theirs and noone elses. This includes work in TUL. Be thankful Luis is the President. If Burchette were still President, he would've pushed the company's first offer on us and we all would be crying the blues now. This has not happened, unless you know something I don't.

My friend, you are clueless based on your comparison of Luis to Burchette. If anything, Dennis vacated his presidency and ran to the International because he knew he would not get re-elected as President again. What he is now finding out is that he does not carry the same weight as an International officer than he did as President of the laargest local in the ATD. If anything, Luis is the "Anti-Burchette!" You clearly do not know of what you speak.

There is no stealing of the 777 going on. A decision was made to move the check from AFW to TUL. No one can claim a check is rightfully theirs and noone elses. This includes work in TUL. Be thankful Luis is the President. If Burchette were still President, he would've pushed the company's first offer on us and we all would be crying the blues now. This has not happened, unless you know something I don't.

First of all, YOU are not my friend! Second, time will tell all! IF, LUIS is anti-Birdshit as you CLAIM, then why will when neqoitations resume will PRES. LUIS, vote yes, when he has previously voted no? ANSWER-- because the Ramano mobster gang promised him the 777 work to secure headcount at TUL. VERY SIMPLE!!! I know it is difficult for you to understand, but I will say "I TOLD YOU SO" and soon, very soon! And you will as I am be crying the blues when we all have to eat the craap proposal that the Intl ATD, and Luis, will be craaming down our throats, and we will LIKE it! FRIEND!!!!

PRINCESS K, I agree with you! TUL, gets what TUL wants!!! Thanks to BURCHETTE and now LUIS. Now TUL is STEALING the 777, just to secure their jobs, and screw everyone else in the system, and those of us that are lucky enough to get a bumb sheet, I can bet my life TUL won't be an option!!!

TUL seems to get what Tul wants because they are the biggest local in the system. But Tulsa has seen the same paycuts and loss of benifits(pretty much) that we have. Their location, in one of the cheapest parts of the country has in turn given AA the lowest costs in the industry. The pitting of one station against the other is by design-divide and conquer" and its the intent of the TWU to have us this way. It works so well that the company doesnt mind funding the 21 Local system to the tune of over $3 million a year, it saves them billions.

You can have one Local that has several contracts but you cant have one contract split between several locals. It doesnt work and we are proof of that. The company/TWU have us bicker over headcount while everyones wages and benifits decline. Divide and conquer.

First of all, YOU are not my friend! Second, time will tell all! IF, LUIS is anti-Birdshit as you CLAIM, then why will when neqoitations resume will PRES. LUIS, vote yes, when he has previously voted no? ANSWER-- because the Ramano mobster gang promised him the 777 work to secure headcount at TUL. VERY SIMPLE!!! I know it is difficult for you to understand, but I will say "I TOLD YOU SO" and soon, very soon! And you will as I am be crying the blues when we all have to eat the craap proposal that the Intl ATD, and Luis, will be craaming down our throats, and we will LIKE it! FRIEND!!!!
Time will tell. When Burchette came in his claim was "I am no Ed Wilson". He reached out to the line stations, pretended to support reform and then did a flip. Some say it was because of his alleged troubles with the law and the TWU International bailing him out. Supposedly Luis is a religious man and is true to his word, thats what I've heard, but Videtich made and makes the same claim if thats anything to go by.

http://negotiaate.twu.org/neg08/TWU-AA_200...ntl._ATD.html#0

Hobbies:
Active member in Christian Church, Board member Agape mens ministry of Texas, Avid soccer, football and baseball fan

How did you find out how Luis is going to vote this time,if it comes to a vote again ?

Dear 'Un-Friend':

I agree with you: Time will tell all. You must have a crystal ball or be Steve Luis himself, considering you know how he will vote in the future. If you were Romano, would you support having three bases or look at possible consolidation? I hope you are wrong in your assessment. You appear to be one of the know-it-all types who have thrown in the towel and are praying we get screwed with the contract so you can get on your soapbox and tell everyone I told you so. You also fit the mold of someone who will not vote when the time comes because you will take the position your vote will not matter, yet be the first one to complain if this thing gets passed.

You'd think M&E management would be supporting the idea of keeping three bases, since that guarantees a lot of jobs for them, too....

Latest posts