Flight Attendant Threatened with Termination for Parody

I don't think this is a big deal. This has gone viral with flight attendant support
thru out the company. AA needs to light en up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM8G12FHfeA&feature=related

I couldn't help myself....

....but draw comparison to Barbara of inflight services PHX. Heck.... even Hector talks at a pace like that. But definitely, this is truely how Barb acts...

....a total fake phony.

I know it is off topic.... but it is so US Airways.... LOL..... I think their gonna merge... :)

Reactions: 1 person
I hope and pray he keeps his job...

If he gets fired it is complete corporate retaliation... Once management identifies people that are strongly critical of their unethical behavior, they go way out of their way to figure out a way to terminate them.

Corporations are dictatorships. One better not dare to speak up.

There actually is a social media policy in place,it was a read through training lesson a year or two ago.

Hell,I've gotten pulled in for my comments on some of the jetnet 'blogs',which is funny because those postings required approval before going up.

Didn't get in trouble but apparently someone in HQ didn't like the commentary and the posts were subsequently removed.

A friend told me that he was fired on Friday. Ohhh well RIP...

One less to furlough?...

David said his bosses demanded that he remove the videos and summoned him to a disciplinary meeting on Friday that he did not attend.

"I'm not taking them down because too many people are enjoying them right now," he said.

He said his supervisor told him he would be fired for insubordination if he didn't go to the meeting, but he had not received official word he had been terminated.

In a written statement, company spokesman Bruce Hicks said David's videos crossed a line.

"We expect our employees to treat one another with respect," he said. "While we recognize our employees' right to express their viewpoints, we have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to attacking or harassing other employees."

Hicks is right here. There's a way to speak up that won't put you at risk -- it's called sticking with the issues. The moment you make it personal, all protections disappear.

There's little doubt his portrayal of Curtis was intended to attack her. There's no other way to take it, and by using her words verbatim, there's no way to refute who he was mocking. Changing it up would have at least left wiggle room. As I said yesterday, Aluminum Lady was fair game because it wasn't as clearly tied to Curtis or Horton. And it was clearly satire with humor.

The second video was just contempt and vitriol.

If he was fired for refusing to show up for the meeting, then good luck getting his job back. When you're given a directive that doesn't compromise safety or ethics, you're an idiot to ignore it. Insubordination terminations rarely get reversed on appeal or grievance.

All he had to do was show up to the meeting (hardly unreasonable expectation for an employee to be called into a meeting with their manager and a union rep). Demanding the videos be taken down was a stretch, and something the company have had questionable right or ability to enforce.

But, refusing to meet with the company is about as black and white as it gets. Dumb move, and possibly poor advice from his union rep if he even sought it...

I hope and pray he keeps his job...

If he gets fired it is complete corporate retaliation... Once management identifies people that are strongly critical of their unethical behavior, they go way out of their way to figure out a way to terminate them.

Corporations are dictatorships. One better not dare to speak up.

Isn't the job of the union to protect workers from termination even when there is criteria for such?

Josh

3c732b1e.jpg

If the company can not get a flight attendant to stay fired (she keeps winning arbitration rounds) who tells passengers (Executive Platinums no less) to go F*** themselves, why would anyone think that they can fire a f/a for being funny?

He should just use the same argument as the foul-mouthed f/a..."I can't help it. I'm bipolar."

That only works if you actually show up for the disciplinary meeting. By no-showing, he gave the company carte blanche...

If the company can not get a flight attendant to stay fired (she keeps winning arbitration rounds) who tells passengers (Executive Platinums no less) to go F*** themselves, why would anyone think that they can fire a f/a for being funny?

He should just use the same argument as the foul-mouthed f/a..."I can't help it. I'm bipolar."

And you guys get upset when I say unions protect the weak and incompetent.

Josh

Latest posts