Flight Attendant Threatened with Termination for Parody

He didn't show up because he is on a medical leave until march 5th

Oh, that's priceless... He's on medical leave, supposedly unfit to fly, yet he has all this time & energy to be making videos on YouTube? And presumably on the company's dime?

And yet, people wonder why management is trying to make the changes to the sick policy that they proposed....

Reactions: 1 person
Oh, that's priceless... He's on medical leave, supposedly unfit to fly, yet he has all this time & energy to be making videos on YouTube? And presumably on the company's dime?

And yet, people wonder why management is trying to make the changes to the sick policy that they proposed....

Really isn't about First Amendment, Medical Leave, or Company Policy.

Is it about control of information for the purpose of manipulation.

That is also why they hired you and the consulting firm that you dont work for.

Folks on here should watch what they say, or at least have the right to know who they are talking with but any attempts to discuss that are against board rules.
Imagine that, it is all like Déjà vu for me.

Reactions: 1 person

Crew duty is far different then cubicle duty. After a couple of decades of hearing #### spouted from CP from those who still quite just can't figure it out, I've had enough especially considering the 3rd grade sick compliance plan in the 1113 sheet for the pilots flying a $100 million jet with a $Billion in liability. (I know you're not AA anymore, the broadside isn't directed at you on that point)

I agree with your earlier post ref the steps needed to comply by both sides for termination. it sounded earlier like the guy didn't have an 'out'. If on medical leave, it may or may not be something that is letting him milk the system. On the other hand, he may be sitting there nursing a rebuilt ACL or ankle, a recovering back injury, surgery or on meds.

He may have his 'out' for not showing up. Think of how AA's hands would be tied if he was out on some personal problem issue.

The story continues, they tuned ;)

I'd be willing to bet that although his non-rev pass has been suspended, he's likely traveling on another employees pass, on another carrier. Doesn't surprise me there is a lot of abuse of sick policy, I heard of an international FA bragging that she hasn't flown since May 2011 and just recently retired.

Josh

Doesn't surprise me there is a lot of abuse of sick policy, I heard of an international FA bragging that she hasn't flown since May 2011 and just recently retired.

Josh

Josh, what does the first part of that comment have to do with the second?

E, do tell exactly what sick policy changes AA has proposed and why. By the way, apparently you weren't told to "wipe that smirk off your face" enough times growing up. It's still there! :D

Sorry, Mach, not buying it. I get the whole unfit to fly thing, but this wasn't a case of someone incapable of leaving their house... He was obviously able bodied enough to do all of the following:

• Walk around a pool in drag & platform heels carrying a glass of wine, demonstrating very good balance and equilibrium
  • Get in & out of a car wearing drag & platform heels
  • Don uniforms, suits, etc. to play various male characters
  • Stand upright while pretending to be the flight service town hall speaker
  • Sit upright at a desk to film three videos
  • Kneel long enough to redesign a Barbie Dream Jet galley
  • Exhibit fine motor skills and dexterity while manipulating liquor minis & Fisher-Price Little People

I have trouble doing some of that (and no, I have never tried walking in platform heels and haven't been seen in drag since my Rocky Horror days), but it wouldn't stop me from being able to get in the car and show up at my office if given a directive to do so. Arguably, since it was at company request, he could have probably even begged for a cab voucher if he was somehow incapable of driving...

No matter how you want to spin things, his own videos show he was more than able bodied enough to show up at a meeting at an airport.

And this was probably not by any means his first run-in over his YouTube videos.

Watch this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir3nsID_cG4&list

Not only is he doing his thing in uniform, but it looks like he also did it either on an airplane or in the training center. And that video was done over 18 months ago...

Again, overall, funny writing and video skills, but extremely poor judgement...

Ad Hominem Attack: The Mesenger is a malingerer, therefore anything that person says is irrelevant and untrue.

Work the messenger, disregard the message: nothing to see here folks, move about and continue on with your business.

Sorry E, I just watched a few seconds of the sit down act at the desk. I didn't know he was actively living in the other tubes.

I'm with you if he's bounding about as mentioned.

If an employee is out on medical leave, she/he should not have to physically report to any AA location until the medical leave is officially over. If there is an urgent company issue which can be resolved over the phone, then fine. It can be dealt with in that manner. Otherwise, the issue can wait until the employee has returned to work. The employee is on medical leave for a specific time frame, and it's up to him and his health care provider to decide what activities he can/cannot perform in the duration.

Sorry, Mach, not buying it. I get the whole unfit to fly thing, but this wasn't a case of someone incapable of leaving their house... He was obviously able bodied enough to do all of the following:

• Walk around a pool in drag & platform heels carrying a glass of wine, demonstrating very good balance and equilibrium
  • Get in & out of a car wearing drag & platform heels
  • Don uniforms, suits, etc. to play various male characters
  • Stand upright while pretending to be the flight service town hall speaker
  • Sit upright at a desk to film three videos
  • Kneel long enough to redesign a Barbie Dream Jet galley
  • Exhibit fine motor skills and dexterity while manipulating liquor minis & Fisher-Price Little People

I have trouble doing some of that (and no, I have never tried walking in platform heels and haven't been seen in drag since my Rocky Horror days), but it wouldn't stop me from being able to get in the car and show up at my office if given a directive to do so. Arguably, since it was at company request, he could have probably even begged for a cab voucher if he was somehow incapable of driving...

No matter how you want to spin things, his own videos show he was more than able bodied enough to show up at a meeting at an airport.

And this was probably not by any means his first run-in over his YouTube videos.

Watch this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir3nsID_cG4&list

Not only is he doing his thing in uniform, but it looks like he also did it either on an airplane or in the training center. And that video was done over 18 months ago...

Again, overall, funny writing and video skills, but extremely poor judgement...

The funny thing is that the guy in the video using the cell phone on the plane was or still is a flight attendant supervisor.