• Capital City - DCA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steel City - PIT

• Stay Where I'm At...

• Total voters
Guys/Gals....
What city are you going to go to after the merger and seniority list is combined.... :D
I know for one there is alot of junior (AWA) people that are dying to move to the east...
What's it like over there? :D
Any thoughts?
Flight Attendants ONLY Please. :up:

Guys/Gals....
What city are you going to go to after the merger and seniority list is combined.... :D
I know for one there is alot of junior (AWA) people that are dying to move to the east...
What's it like over there? :D
Any thoughts?
Flight Attendants ONLY Please. :up:

LGA ....most jr... expensive...small base..wackey base manager...revolving door
BOS...jr as well...expensive...small base...nice f/a's
DCA..very professional group

All three above have a very cosmo edge, but are smaller bases, so if you dont want everyone to know your biz or if you are hard to work with, these would not be for you.
GREAT CITIES, but you'll need alot of money.

PIT...don't bother....really needs no exclaimation.

PHL...rough around the edges but a city of alot of history, but getting pricey. The base is the best for flying with lots of t/a and transcon flights. Train to the city cuts down on driving. Tight facilites and not up to the west standards (THANKS DOUG!! :angry: ) but alot of commuters and fun f/a's.

CLT....Not as cosmo as the other bases but an easy place to live...affordable...fun people mixed in with a few jesus freaks. Very senior...lots of commuters and NC natives. If you have an issue with southerners, go north.

Most Will Welcome you. We on the east are much more layed back than what you may think. And with a few exceptions, we take care of each other.

All three above have a very cosmo edge, but are smaller bases, so if you dont want everyone to know your biz or if you are hard to work with, these would not be for you.

PHL...rough around the edges but a city of alot of history, but getting pricey. The base is the best for flying with lots of t/a and transcon flights. Train to the city cuts down on driving. Tight facilites and not up to the west standards (THANKS DOUG!! :angry: ) but alot of commuters and fun f/a's.

CLT....Not as cosmo as the other bases but an easy place to live...affordable...fun people mixed in with a few jesus freaks. Very senior...lots of commuters and NC natives. If you have an issue with southerners, go north.

Most Will Welcome you. We on the east are much more layed back than what you may think. And with a few exceptions, we take care of each other.
Very good assesessment.

Good job LCC, you hit it on the head. Here's my 2 cents.

LGA, BOS, and DCA are very tight-knit groups. They will know that you just transferred in on your very first trip. Great cities to live in but you will definitely pay. Trips are nothing to talk about, but the crews will make the trips bearable. If you want to fly great trips, go to PHL but you will deal with the Philly Factor. PIT is a very sad story--go there only if your whole family lives there and you really don't care about flying. CLT is cheap living, and there is a reason for that. Sorry.

LGA, BOS, and DCA are very tight-knit groups. They will know that you just transferred in on your very first trip. Great cities to live in but you will definitely pay. Trips are nothing to talk about, but the crews will make the trips bearable. If you want to fly great trips, go to PHL but you will deal with the Philly Factor. PIT is a very sad story--go there only if your whole family lives there and you really don't care about flying. CLT is cheap living, and there is a reason for that. Sorry.

Philly factor...my take is the city was based on unions, some hoods and thugs. Getting someone to do anything is an act of congress and if they don't like it, a hugh action of rebellion will take place. Add that they have been short handed, left to deal with broken equiptment, broken spirits and you get the idea. But that's at the airport lets talk PHL.

Cultural diverse people, many commute in on trains from NY making it an awesome up and coming city. Foods fabulous, fun night life for both upscale and sporting fans bars. Hello... "Philly cheese steak sands"...."Lobster" to die for. Your in a condensed area for sightseeing,take the train into NY city for the evening and see a play, the beach at New Jersey shore, gambleing, rivers with bike trails and green, green, everywhere. Its amazing how green it is (I'm So. CA). The old buildings, history, stone homes in small towns are breathtaking. Deleware has fabulous vacationing beach towns like Rehoboth beach(sp). Its very cheap compared to So. CA.
Not all areas are pricey. Being that so many states are so close together many F/A's live in boardering towns in Deleware that are new and upcoming. Huge houses (I love Toll Brother homes) in fabulous neighborhoods with greenbelts and forest areas with an abundance of animal life. I believe Deleware has no sales tax and thats awesome for shopping at the outlet centers, even for a day trip its sooo close.
Education is tops in many areas, as well as top colleges and universities.
Do your homework and check into the area you'd like to live in. Many places are awesome for raising kids. The state ranks high for violence, being that it has some bad areas they have to add that in but, thats not the whole picture. There are tons of small suburbs that are very safe with no violence.
You'll find that F/A's have florida beach homes for the winter but, the weather is not the snowy mess of the midwest its actually mild.
Had I not been court ordered to stay in So. CA with kids I'd have left a long time ago.

Just curious, What's with the comment on CLT ?

Philly factor...my take is the city was based on unions, some hoods and thugs. Getting someone to do anything is an act of congress and if they don't like it, a hugh action of rebellion will take place. Add that they have been short handed, left to deal with broken equiptment, broken spirits and you get the idea. But that's at the airport lets talk PHL.

Cultural diverse people, many commute in on trains from NY making it an awesome up and coming city. Foods fabulous, fun night life for both upscale and sporting fans bars. Hello... "Philly cheese steak sands"...."Lobster" to die for. Your in a condensed area for sightseeing,take the train into NY city for the evening and see a play, the beach at New Jersey shore, gambleing, rivers with bike trails and green, green, everywhere. Its amazing how green it is (I'm So. CA). The old buildings, history, stone homes in small towns are breathtaking. Deleware has fabulous vacationing beach towns like Rehoboth beach(sp). Its very cheap compared to So. CA.
Not all areas are pricey. Being that so many states are so close together many F/A's live in boardering towns in Deleware that are new and upcoming. Huge houses (I love Toll Brother homes) in fabulous neighborhoods with greenbelts and forest areas with an abundance of animal life. I believe Deleware has no sales tax and thats awesome for shopping at the outlet centers, even for a day trip its sooo close.
Education is tops in many areas, as well as top colleges and universities.
Do your homework and check into the area you'd like to live in. Many places are awesome for raising kids. The state ranks high for violence, being that it has some bad areas they have to add that in but, thats not the whole picture. There are tons of small suburbs that are very safe with no violence.
You'll find that F/A's have florida beach homes for the winter but, the weather is not the snowy mess of the midwest its actually mild.
Had I not been court ordered to stay in So. CA with kids I'd have left a long time ago.

Have to disagree with the assessment that PHL employees are just a bunch of "thugs" waiting for the next "rebellion", as you say. 100% not true.

The employees here are, for the most part, good people who were forced to work under extremely difficult conditions. No equipment, failing baggage delivery system, and little or no supervision or support from the "higher- ups". All that has changed dramatically, and things are running impressively well here. Lots of great employees here, inflight and on the ground. Somehow, the idea that PHL was in complete anarchy was started on these boards, and then it became heavily exaggerated, day in and day out... It's fine. It has its problems and limitations, but we work with it. Come on over and enjoy. Looking forward to it!

On a sidenote, all of the red LED destination signs at the gates were not working all weekend, making life even more difficult for the ground staff. Any idea if they are working, and whose head will roll for this one? :shock:

I will keep my personal opinions on CLT to myself, but in general, if a city is less desirable to live in for a number of reasons, the cost of living will reflect that.
I had a layover in CLT the other day, and it seems well on its way to becoming another LA. You have to drive EVERYWHERE, no metro to speak of, and the traffic is ridiculous. Aside from that, it seemed just downright lovely......

I agree too..we DO take care of each other.

Have to disagree with the assessment that PHL employees are just a bunch of "thugs" waiting for the next "rebellion", as you say. 100% not true.

The employees here are, for the most part, good people who were forced to work under extremely difficult conditions. No equipment, failing baggage delivery system, and little or no supervision or support from the "higher- ups". All that has changed dramatically, and things are running impressively well here. Lots of great employees here, inflight and on the ground. Somehow, the idea that PHL was in complete anarchy was started on these boards, and then it became heavily exaggerated, day in and day out... It's fine. It has its problems and limitations, but we work with it. Come on over and enjoy. Looking forward to it!

On a sidenote, all of the red LED destination signs at the gates were not working all weekend, making life even more difficult for the ground staff. Any idea if they are working, and whose head will roll for this one? :shock:

Oh, I agree...I was referring to the bad apples of the group as in the IAM conflict and in no way did I mean every worker. Sorry if I came across that way.

I had a layover in CLT the other day, and it seems well on its way to becoming another LA. You have to drive EVERYWHERE, no metro to speak of, and the traffic is ridiculous. Aside from that, it seemed just downright lovely......

The 405 in LAX, all you've seen, is hardly the norm. All roads in CLT, two times a day, make the 405 seem relatively fast, and this was in the early 80s. I can honestly say that CLT has gotten worse.

Downright lovely? Yeah, in a downtown Baghdad sort of way. Try running there. Parts of CLT remind me of Bombay, India. The bad parts.

Native Charlottean here. Great city with great people. Not sure where you get your info on the cost of living. While it may be cheaper than Hawaii, New York and Washington, $400 per square foot for a condo in a 56 story uptown Charlotte condo tower is hardly affordable. But rest assured, glad you don't like it, USCrew. My seniority is safe having one less person appreciate the beauty of North Carolina.