Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capital City - DCA

• Steel City - PIT

• Stay Where I'm At...

• Total voters
Before this veers off course, let me clarify that I am not trying to turn this into a gay rights thread. I am only pointing out that it is disingenuous to try to argue that there is not a certain "mentality" towards certain social issues that is found in the South much more than in some other regions of the country. Why bother to pretend otherwise.
And neither North or South Carolina have passed such legislation. BTW, SKYHIGH, I am based in the City of Brotherly Love for seniority reasons. Your comment regarding "big bows and pumps" simply means you have your own set of prejudices, but God-forbid you be called out on them. I've been in both and both bases have positives and negatives.

Now, back to "bash the South.com cause we do it better everywhere else..."

And neither North or South Carolina have passed such legislation. BTW, SKYHIGH, I am based in the City of Brotherly Love for seniority reasons. Your comment regarding "big bows and pumps" simply means you have your own set of prejudices, but God-forbid you be called out on them. I've been in both and both bases have positives and negatives.

Now, back to "bash the South.com cause we do it better everywhere else..."
1. I never said anything about "big bows and pumps."

2. Better update your research about NC and SC legislation. (Maybe these aren't quite constitutional amendments yet, but give it another election cycle.)

North Carolina law states: “Marriages, whether created by common law, contracted, or performed of North Carolina, between individuals of the same gender are not valid in North Carolina.â€￾

South Carolina law states: “A marriage between persons of the same sex is void ab initio and against the public policy of this state.â€￾

And you talk about "bashing." :rolleyes:

Wonder what your gay and lesbian neighbors think about how enlightened you seem to think NC is compared to other parts of the country.

Now, compare the "mentality" of NC and SC to, say, NJ:

The authors of the New Jersey measure said they intend for civil unions to be identical to marriage in all but name.

Are you still going to argue there is no difference in these "mentalities"? If so, why fight reality so hard?

Sthrnboy.....now that you just got a taste of what the East folks are like.....are you sure you wanna come East? :unsure: Actually, If I were a westie coming east I'd choose PHL.....all kinds of flying, great crews, lots of junior people, and very easy to fit in! Of course you do have the Philly factor and a bus station like terminal, but hands down PHL is the place to be! :up:

Sthrnboy.....now that you just got a taste of what the East folks are like.....are you sure you wanna come East? :unsure: Actually, If I were a westie coming east I'd choose PHL.....all kinds of flying, great crews, lots of junior people, and very easy to fit in! Of course you do have the Philly factor and a bus station like terminal, but hands down PHL is the place to be! :up:
East flight attendants are just like some West Flight Attendants. Some I want to fly with again, Some I will say HI too when I see them. However, there are a few I would rather never see and would have a big cold comming on when I see there names on my parings. :shock:

I want to get a taste of PHILLY... However, I am not sure what will come. If the Delta Deal goes . Who knows where someone like me might end up.... :up:

Right now I am happy with PHX... I just hate going though VEGAS... Dont get me started....
However, I did here some FF's talking at Chili's about Philly and how things were improving? :blink:

1. I never said anything about "big bows and pumps."

2. Better update your research about NC and SC legislation. (Maybe these aren't quite constitutional amendments yet, but give it another election cycle.)

North Carolina law states: “Marriages, whether created by common law, contracted, or performed of North Carolina, between individuals of the same gender are not valid in North Carolina.â€￾

South Carolina law states: “A marriage between persons of the same sex is void ab initio and against the public policy of this state.â€￾

And you talk about "bashing." :rolleyes:

Wonder what your gay and lesbian neighbors think about how enlightened you seem to think NC is compared to other parts of the country.

Now, compare the "mentality" of NC and SC to, say, NJ:

The authors of the New Jersey measure said they intend for civil unions to be identical to marriage in all but name.

Are you still going to argue there is no difference in these "mentalities"? If so, why fight reality so hard?
Can only speak of what my experience is. I don't know or associate with people who are bigoted (kind of like you are against Southern people), or racists, or homophobes. So think what you will. Talk about close-minded.

Can only speak of what my experience is. I don't know or associate with people who are bigoted (kind of like you are against Southern people), or racists, or homophobes. So think what you will. Talk about close-minded.
I don't understand.

How is it "bigoted" or "bashing" to point out that not all areas of the country are identical, and that there may be regional differences of opinion on some social and political issues?

You are not making sense.

I don't understand.

How is it "bigoted" or "bashing" to point out that not all areas of the country are identical, and that there may be regional differences of opinion on some social and political issues?

You are not making sense.
Charlotte shuts down on days there is a NASCAR race on. Carolinians think NASCAR is more popular than the NFL!

Do you know how to confuse a NASCAR driver?

Make him make a right turn in the race. :up:

They turn right twice a year, Sonoma and Watkins Glenn.

Many of my friends are in the sport, a couple are well kwown drivers.

Try again.

And the relevance of that is?????

A feeble attempt to impress that failed. Try again.

HISS... lets get back on topic... Why do you want to stay in your base or move around? ? ? :D
P.S. Tell me all you can about PHILLY PLEASE. How is the commute from ATL-PHILLY? I know we have one 737 that does this route.... and many express flights to CLT. I can never get on this route... :down: (DAMN Seniority Boarding :shock: )

BTW, SKYHIGH, I am based in the City of Brotherly Love for seniority reasons. Your comment regarding "big bows and pumps" simply means you have your own set of prejudices,

sky high states: BULL. It simply means I OBSERVED characteristics from the people in that base which are unique to CLT. I made the YANKEE comment, because I have been called one, in....<drum roll>........CLT.

only stating opinions.

sky high states: BULL. It simply means I OBSERVED characteristics from the people in that base which are unique to CLT. I made the YANKEE comment, because I have been called one, in....<drum roll>........CLT.
only stating opinions.
I grew up in NC nice place, nice people but thank goodness US sent me to the North...it open my eyes! I wanted to be based in CLT when I was a new hire years ago...now I cringe when I fly thru the base have to smell the smoke from the nascar cafe hear the broken lazy speach over the PA in the airport. It was a great place to grow up but it is full of red-necks... the north has red-necks as well, I find the difference, the south will smile in you face then talk behind your back but the north will tell you to f%^*# off to your face...I like that better...south is close minded to many church's that should be taxed BTW...and yes you can spot a CLT F/A a mile away with the bow hair pumps and all the make-up...I like NC but it is the PPP state pig,puff,pray you have to love eastern NC BBQ good stuff! will take dunkin over krispy cream any day...