Free Passes,

Although this is clearly a bribe to try and prevent the mass sick-outs that management is anticipating, I think it will be very effective. Correct me if I am wrong.

My question is when are these space positive seat awards redeemable. When can an employee actually use them? Is there a wait period before they can be used? My personal opinion is that time is very, very short for US Airways.....if you get my drift.

People on these Boards have talked about the Employee incentives that CO has for its Employees and said that the Company should do Things like that. Now granted we are not giving away Ford Explorers, but isnt something better then nothing?

Hope777 said:
People on these Boards have talked about the Employee incentives that CO has for its Employees and said that the Company should do Things like that. Now granted we are not giving away Ford Explorers, but isnt something better then nothing?
[post="199169"][/post]​

Not when it is a bribe. Look, sometimes you just have to stand strong and stand up for yourself.

So they throw a dog a bone? Big Deal? What good does it do when you have to chase the bone down like a greyhound at a dog race?

All the employees at this company wanted was truth, honesty and a fair shake. Instead all we get is lies and more deceit.

Guaranteed taxes will have to be paid on this oh so "generous" incentive. Remember the last time we received space positive tickets? Most of my co-workers, that used them, almost fell over when they saw their paycheck with the tax deducted from this "gift".

Wow, this should really give the "happy" employees the incentive that they need to show up on holidays this year. Who wouldn't want to give up the holidays with their family and friends to work for this "appreciative" management team not to mention the "double time and a half" holiday pay (cough cough cough). It will be well worth it to get those extremely generous space positive tickets. Management must really appreciate US employees (cough cough cough). MAYBE THAT WILL MAKE UP FOR NOT HAVING ANY MONEY TO SPEND ON OUR KIDS FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR OR PAY OUR BILLS!!!!!!

I have had a few years with this company in which I had perfect attendance and it was acknowledged only once but, I do have "a sock" to show for it. Four months after my perfect attendance year my superviser "ceremoniously" gave me an envelope with a (drum roll)....... $10.00 gift certificate to Kaufmanns. I jumped for joy then quickly ran to Kaufmanns and bought my "sock". What a moment to remember (cough cough cough)!!!!

We should all tell Lakefield what he can do with those tickets.

$crew them!

What was the matter years/months prior?

They have to be faced with a threat before they get step down from their high
asses...

Paleeze........... :down:

PS...Take the chance on flts cancelling and being delayed.....

Not to toot my own horn too loudly, but back in this thread:

JM's Prognostication

I posted the following:
So my question is......does Crystal Palace have a plan in place (or do they at least recognize the need) to address employee morale after the (potential) emergence from BK? Something tells me that 4 free first class upgrades aren't going to do it. What are they hiding up their sleeve that will be unveiled after new work rules and pay scales are in place (consensual or court imposed)?

Well well well. I said that they would realize that reduxing 4 free first class upgrades wouldn't cut the mustard. But what gives them the idea that 2 positive "spaces" is an improvement over that? I guess it is a slight improvement, but not much of one.

Is there something of more significance coming? Would it make a difference? What would it take? hmmmmmm.....

jm

fatherabraham said:
Do ya reckon ya'all will have to pay taxes on these tickets as income if and when you use?
[post="199167"][/post]​

Do ya reckon that the Pope is Catholic? When did you ever know the IRS to bypass a revenue opportunity? :lol:

For that matter, because it is a pos space pass that can be used "anytime", it may be taxable "upon award" instead of "when used."

genejockey said:
My question is when are these space positive seat awards redeemable. When can an employee actually use them? Is there a wait period before they can be used? My personal opinion is that time is very, very short for US Airways.....if you get my drift.
[post="199166"][/post]​

I guess I'll answer my own question. Omitted from the press release:

"The passes, which can be used by the employee or any travel-eligible dependent, may be reserved beginning Feb. 1, 2005. All travel must be completed by Dec. 31, 2005."

"free" space positive tickets sound good until you have to pay uncle sam his dues, besides who the heck has any money to spend when they get to the bahamas after all the pay cuts?

Latest posts