2004 Holiday Operations Reward Program

RumorS

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Eligible Employees:
U.S.-based operational employees who were awarded space positive travel under the Holiday Commitment Program may also earn an additional two (2) space positive passes as described below (this program is not available to non-operational employees):

Program Timeframe/Applicable Dates:
November 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 2004
December 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 31, 2004
January 1, 2, 2005

Requirements/Award:
Where the Company makes additional overtime available, eligible Ground employees who voluntarily accept and work a total of sixteen (16) or more hours (in addition to their schedule) on any of the above dates will be eligible to receive a maximum of two (2) additional *space positive passes for use by the employee and/or his/her travel eligible dependents. Flight crew members who pick up one (1) or more trips from Company open time on any of the above dates without dropping time on these dates, will be eligible to receive a maximum of two (2) additional space positive passes for use by the employee and/or his/her travel eligible dependents.

:shock:

Can someone please tell me when the company decided on above dates????? The program ran between 18nov and 05jan. Any overtime worked between those dates should get you the extra "2" space positive tickets. This is just another way this company screws its employees. I worked several hours of overtime on both Christmas eve and Christmas day. I worked Overtime on 03jan and 4 hours on 04jan to complete my 16 hours. If anyone remembers 03jan through 05jan in resv, IT WAS BUSY. Irate after irate. BAGGAGE HELL, And this is how the company thanks me. Sorry you don't qualify because any overtime after 02jan does not count. Bruce.... you can take your 2 extra tickets and shove them were the sun does not shine!!!!!!!!! I am glad we could Help and get NOTHING IN RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :down:

RumorS said:
Eligible Employees:
U.S.-based operational employees who were awarded space positive travel under the Holiday Commitment Program may also earn an additional two (2) space positive passes as described below (this program is not available to non-operational employees):

November 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 2004
January 1, 2, 2005

Requirements/Award:
Where the Company makes additional overtime available, eligible Ground employees who voluntarily accept and work a total of sixteen (16) or more hours (in addition to their schedule) on any of the above dates will be eligible to receive a maximum of two (2) additional *space positive passes for use by the employee and/or his/her travel eligible dependents. Flight crew members who pick up one (1) or more trips from Company open time on any of the above dates without dropping time on these dates, will be eligible to receive a maximum of two (2) additional space positive passes for use by the employee and/or his/her travel eligible dependents.

:shock:

Can someone please tell me when the company decided on above dates????? The program ran between 18nov and 05jan. Any overtime worked between those dates should get you the extra "2" space positive tickets. This is just another way this company screws its employees. I worked several hours of overtime on both Christmas eve and Christmas day. I worked Overtime on 03jan and 4 hours on 04jan to complete my 16 hours. If anyone remembers 03jan through 05jan in resv, IT WAS BUSY. Irate after irate. BAGGAGE HELL, And this is how the company thanks me. Sorry you don't qualify because any overtime after 02jan does not count. Bruce.... you can take your 2 extra tickets and shove them were the sun does not shine!!!!!!!!! I am glad we could Help and get NOTHING IN RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :down:
[post="238295"][/post]​
What I don't understand is that to participate in this program, the company is requiring us (at least in RES) to fill out a form and send in copies of your paysheet. Don't they already have the information?? Didn't they do the payroll? Personally, I am not interested in the SP tickets since you will then incur taxes. Thanks anyway, but no thanks.

For us pilots, it's the same dates as above for the extra two tickets. For the basic 2 tickets, the dates are as posted in the original announcement.

However, there's an additional requirement than has been slipped in to qualify for any tickets - no "underfly". That means if we met all the other qualifications but happened to fly a leg under schedule during the appropriate dates, we don't get the tickets. With the padded schedules, it almost impossible to not have any underfly.

Amazing how the rules suddenly change now that the holidays are over......

Jim

RumorS said:
And this is how the company thanks me. Sorry you don't qualify because any overtime after 02jan does not count. Bruce.... you can take your 2 extra tickets and shove them were the sun does not shine!!!!!!!!! I am glad we could Help and get NOTHING IN RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :down:
[post="238295"][/post]​
BoeingBoy said:
That means if we met all the other qualifications but happened to fly a leg under schedule during the appropriate dates, we don't get the tickets. With the padded schedules, it almost impossible to not have any underfly.

Amazing how the rules suddenly change now that the holidays are over......

Jim
[post="238347"][/post]​

Finally starting to understand, are we???

RumorS said:

[post="238295"][/post]​

You might also note that DEC 28-30 is missing. How many people were STILL working in baggage to try to get that mess worked out on Tu/We/Th of that week? One of the guys at work sent in a note saying those days should be included as well since he was working well into the am on those days to help out. Oops guess he didnt pay attention to the dates before he decided to come in and work.
Also those of us who were thinking of our fellow employees and agreed to work for them screwed ourselves as well. I was scheduled to work 40 hours in the 2 week period over Xmas/New Years, but ended up with 85, BUT I was stupid enough to work for some of my fellow employees instead of the company. Ya know what, knowing that they were at home enjoying the holidays was a better payoff to me than the two extra tickets especially looking at some of the loads in the near term. I just wish SOMEONE would have been scheduled at work that week so I didnt feel so all alone working with the skeleton crew we managed to have on duty. :down: :p

NOT INTERESTED IN SA TICKETS>>

Try to get a seat on an RJ??

Gimem a f****g break..
My sick days are much more valuable then the $hitter tkts... :)

golden1 said:
NOT INTERESTED IN SA TICKETS>>

[post="238440"][/post]​

The were SP tickets not SA, otherwise there would have been no (although it appears it was very little anyway) interest or incentive to not call out. I am not planning on using my tickets for a weekend jaunt to CLT or PHL, but rather to GET me to somewhere I need to be sure to be able to get to. Last year I used my tickets to get me to SEA to catch a flight to Alaska to use for a cruise. That type of deal was my incentive. Just waiting now to see if we make it before booking that European cruise (with tickets to get there now....) ;)