Get jabbed or get fired...

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
In the news today, UA has told its remaining unvaccinated workers to get vaccinated by Oct 25 or be terminated. Exceptions being made for medical cases, but not sure if religious exemptions will be given.

Apparently the unions agreed to it and won't be filing grievances.

If UA thinks they can do this, it's probably just a matter of time before other airlines follow.

Frontier has already come out n stated employees must be vaxed by oct 1st or go thru reg testing weekly or be terminated. Wonder how long before AA or other airlines follow?

In the news today, UA has told its remaining unvaccinated workers to get vaccinated by Oct 25 or be terminated. Exceptions being made for medical cases, but not sure if religious exemptions will be given.

Apparently the unions agreed to it and won't be filing grievances.

If UA thinks they can do this, it's probably just a matter of time before other airlines follow.

Ah, this IS a BEAUTIFUL THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, this IS a BEAUTIFUL THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am all for mandatory vaccinations up against common sense. Your rights to not get vaccinated end at the point we come face to face with my right to not be infected by you. There's an easy solution for those whose Constitutional "rights" are being violated...you can always resign. That'll show 'em. (just FYI, the Constitution doesn't contain a word about vaccinations.)

I am all for mandatory vaccinations up against common sense. Your rights to not get vaccinated end at the point we come face to face with my right to not be infected by you. There's an easy solution for those whose Constitutional "rights" are being violated...you can always resign. That'll show 'em. (just FYI, the Constitution doesn't contain a word about vaccinations.)

AMEN, JIM, AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Meh...rapidly approaching or there with herd immunity. Won't be an issue much longer.

What makes no sense is for work-from-home res agents or other management people who are permanently remote to have to be vaccinated. They never come in contact with other employees. Where does the company's interests start and end?

If it's all about the well-being of the employee and duty of care, perhaps they'll go after the smokers and overweight employees next? Smoking and diabetes have killed more airline employees than COVID has.

Yet people who object to being forced into getting a vaccine that has not been approved by FDA.....duh

But wait, there's more......

Political pressure now to get it approved.....is this what we want

Imagine if Trump were applying political pressure to get it approved. The howling from all of the media and Democrats would be deafening.

What's troubling about this is the vaccination rates in major cities, and who the vaccine mandates might impact.

Per a Bloomberg report, 77% of Asians, 48% of Whites, 40% of Latinos and 33% of Blacks are vaccinated in NYC.

NYC is not exactly what I'd consider prime Trump territory, and yet Mayor De Blasio is moving forward with his "Vaxx'd Only" policy.

Where's the outrage on a policy that disproportionately locks Black and Latinos out?

Imagine if Trump were applying political pressure to get it approved. The howling from all of the media and Democrats would be deafening.

What's troubling about this is the vaccination rates in major cities, and who the vaccine mandates might impact.

Per a Bloomberg report, 77% of Asians, 48% of Whites, 40% of Latinos and 33% of Blacks are vaccinated in NYC.

NYC is not exactly what I'd consider prime Trump territory, and yet Mayor De Blasio is moving forward with his "Vaxx'd Only" policy.

Where's the outrage on a policy that disproportionately locks Black and Latinos out?

Since WHEN did YOU care about BLACKS or LATINOS ??????????

Oh, I can believe it. If Bears didn't have double standards, he'd have none at all.

And do note that Mr. Old Angry White Liberal didn't actually show any outrage over what's really an example of Jim Crow 2.0 being taken by New York...

The data on vaccination rates in the Black and Latino communities doesn't lie -- they lag the White and Asian populations by up to 2:1 nationally, and it's not a matter of access.

Oh, I can believe it. If Bears didn't have double standards, he'd have none at all.

And do note that Mr. Old Angry White Liberal didn't actually show any outrage over what's really an example of Jim Crow 2.0 being taken by New York...

The data on vaccination rates in the Black and Latino communities doesn't lie -- they lag the White and Asian populations by up to 2:1 nationally, and it's not a matter of access.
How many Biden covid prone border crossers is Ted flying to undisclosed destinations?

IMG_20210816_064240_977.jpg
IMG_20210816_064246_589.jpg

Reactions: swamt