Getting fired while on probabtion!

I realize while you are on probation you can get terminated with or without cause. However how many people out there think this situation is a little to crazy? One of the coworkers found fourteen local bags in a cart. They were suppose to go to the claim area. There were two drivers working this particular flight. One was a probationary and the other was an employee who has been with the company for seven years. Also the seven year person just came back from out on injury time. The probationary only had two weeks left to go before probation was up. The probationary was called at home by a CSM regarding the fourteen bags. I can't believe they would call you at home regarding bags. I can see if you messed up a plane or stole something but to call you at home about bags was a little absurb. Anyway the probationary told the CSM that there was another person working the flight. She only thought the probationary worked the flight. The crew chief forgot to tell the CSM there were two people working the flight. Just blame the new person. Once that was clarified she said that this was huge and there would be an investigation. This is a line station so this might be huge but at a hub fourteen bags isn't really a big deal. The CSM had the probationary write two statements regarding this matter. I guess to see if the story would stay the same. There was no way the probationary could have left the bags. One was the fact that all three flights that were done was used with the same carts and tug which were empty after each flight. Two the probabtionary had help on all three flights. Three the probationary was the first runner so that person was getting help. Four why would your coworkers tell you to go if you still had bags in the cart? The CSM was asked that same question and her response was you still need to check after yourself. To conclude the probationary was terminated and the seven year employee was not reprimanded at all. However while you are on probation you have to join the union,pay the iniation fee and you aren't even guaranteed a job. Life sucks but I guess it could have been worse. Do you think this was fair? Shouldn't they have reprimanded both employees instead of one. Also the probationary was an excellent worker. All the reviews were good. The probationary got along with all the employees. Even the CSM who did the terminating told the probationary we are glad to have you. You are a hard worker. Maybe the CSM was under a lot of preesure to get to the bottom of the situation and her job was at stake.

Go to a real airline and get a job. Southwest does not treat their employees like AA does. I know, be there, done that.

I realize while you are on probation you can get terminated with or without cause. However how many people out there think this situation is a little to crazy? One of the coworkers found fourteen local bags in a cart. They were suppose to go to the claim area. There were two drivers working this particular flight. One was a probationary and the other was an employee who has been with the company for seven years. Also the seven year person just came back from out on injury time. The probationary only had two weeks left to go before probation was up. The probationary was called at home by a CSM regarding the fourteen bags. I can't believe they would call you at home regarding bags. I can see if you messed up a plane or stole something but to call you at home about bags was a little absurb. Anyway the probationary told the CSM that there was another person working the flight. She only thought the probationary worked the flight. The crew chief forgot to tell the CSM there were two people working the flight. Just blame the new person. Once that was clarified she said that this was huge and there would be an investigation. This is a line station so this might be huge but at a hub fourteen bags isn't really a big deal. The CSM had the probationary write two statements regarding this matter. I guess to see if the story would stay the same. There was no way the probationary could have left the bags. One was the fact that all three flights that were done was used with the same carts and tug which were empty after each flight. Two the probabtionary had help on all three flights. Three the probationary was the first runner so that person was getting help. Four why would your coworkers tell you to go if you still had bags in the cart? The CSM was asked that same question and her response was you still need to check after yourself. To conclude the probationary was terminated and the seven year employee was not reprimanded at all. However while you are on probation you have to join the union,pay the iniation fee and you aren't even guaranteed a job. Life sucks but I guess it could have been worse. Do you think this was fair? Shouldn't they have reprimanded both employees instead of one. Also the probationary was an excellent worker. All the reviews were good. The probationary got along with all the employees. Even the CSM who did the terminating told the probationary we are glad to have you. You are a hard worker. Maybe the CSM was under a lot of preesure to get to the bottom of the situation and her job was at stake.

Personally as an FSC myself I think it's pretty chicken#@*& for none of the other clerks to not just take the hit for it!!! 14 bags! Big deal! What's the worst that would have happened to the union emp? A CR1? Hey man if you're a union man yourself you should go to these guys and tell them what they did was dead wrong. And maybe get at least a CS embargo going against them? Wow sometimes people just amaze me.

I wish I could have done something. This happen to my buddy in MSP. Iam in ORD so there wasn't much I could do and the person that got terminated didn't tell me till two weeks after they got terminated. All I can say is anybody thinking of getting a job in MSP stay away. I heard that station is bad news from the coworkers to the managers. Just a fait warning.

I wish I could have done something. This happen to my buddy in MSP. Iam in ORD so there wasn't much I could do and the person that got terminated didn't tell me till two weeks after they got terminated. All I can say is anybody thinking of getting a job in MSP stay away. I heard that station is bad news from the coworkers to the managers. Just a fait warning.

Hey man I'm sorry but something just doesn't sound right about this? Honestly theres something more that he's not telling you? I know as a friend you have to be loyal but since you weren't there with him you don't know both sides of the story. I don't care how bad MSP is? I very much doubt they would have fired him for those 14 bags. As a former shop steward take my word on this. If he was as good as they say, the union and the Co. would have whitewashed this and he'd still be employed. Yes you pay dues during probation and the Co. can basically do anything they want but the union still would have represented him and given local mgmt hell for just dumping a guy for no real good reason. No reason to rub salt in your friends wounds though, I would just let it be and not ask him anymore. Best of luck to your friend.

The Crew Chief "Forgot" to tell the CSM there were two people on the flight? What a load...sounds like someone was getting taken care of and your friend was the fall guy for it.

I like the CSM calling the guy at home...I don't care what the problem is, you don't have an inquest over the phone.On the clock, on the property is when you talk to me.

They're firing people for fourteen bags? I've seen probies bang in sick, blow CSW and pull quite a few other stunts probies shouldn't be doing and not get canned.

They probably care more about the employees in LGA then they do in MSP. From what my buddy told me they fired three people in a month out there. Either way the situation is pathetic.

No, they don't care more about the employees here,I can assure you of that.They've fired three people in a month? Sounds like they have a 'Mister American Airlines' CSM out there and they are enforcing 'The Book' to the letter of the law.

It's always the pissant stations that have the rule book facists on the floor.It's funny when they come the bigger stations and try that sh!t, they learn very quickly what is important and what isn't.

I have to agree with Weaasles... something's missing from the story, or this was just the excuse used to get rid of him before his probation was up.

I remember DFW let a couple dozen people go the day before their probation was up, simply because they didn't want to carry the headcount over the winter months...

No, they don't care more about the employees here,I can assure you of that.They've fired three people in a month? Sounds like they have a 'Mister American Airlines' CSM out there and they are enforcing 'The Book' to the letter of the law.

It's always the pissant stations that have the rule book facists on the floor.It's funny when they come the bigger stations and try that sh!t, they learn very quickly what is important and what isn't.

Ask Gerry Clark if he's got any "squares." :up: