Giving Up The Seniority Fight!

RowUnderDCA said:
This is what I don't understand:

Do not the HP flight attendents determine their own seniority by DOH?
YES, we do.

Do not the HP flight attendents intend to continue to determine their seniority amongst themselves after the merger by DOH?
YES, we will.

If so, then on what basis do they wish to have colleagues that do not enjoy their full date of hire seniority? 
MOST of us know the drill, and wish that seniority amongst ALL flight attendants be respected.]

I can understand them promoting some other 'fair' methodology, but havent they acknowledged that determining seniority by DOH is fair? 
IT IS FAIR, AND WE KNOW IT (well, most of us)

I don't care, but I find it logically confusing.. oh and I'm told that their union told them that future mergers would be handled by DOH.
OUR UNION IS YOUR UNION IS OUR UNION, and the AFA By Laws aren't going to be changed to make a small group of flight attendants "happy".
THERE ISN'T ANY LOGIC TO THE PROPORTIONAL INTEGRATION ARGUMENT, AND WE KNOW IT (again, most of us).
[post="301188"][/post]​

ebwgs said:
Firstamend:

I too have read what some of the OAL lurkers have said on these boards. And yes it can tick you off, but you have to see where they're coming from. They're frustrated that that feline airline called US Airways has used another of it's nine lives to live another day. They have long drooled over the US assets that they can't get their hands on, and the only way they could do so was if US died on the vine. Well, it ain't gonna happen. And they don't give a damn about the employees of HP, but they've tried to divide and conquer both work groups by tossing rhetorical molotov cocktails aimed at derailing any possibilty of a smooth transition. They're miserable because they can't pick over the carcass of a dead US, so they'll try to make the principles in the merger miserable just like they are.

Whereas I disagree with the AFAHP policy on the merger--I also believe they could do a better job of communicating to and leading their membership, by shunning politically expediency for starters--I certainly respect and understand the rank and file's anxiety. This merger is no other airline employee's business but those at HP and US. Both viewpoints from both work groups deserve to be heard, because it is their futures that are directly affected by this transaction. Some of the posters on both sides may say stupid things, but they're neither stupid or smut. And I never suggested that you apologize, but that you should tone it down a bit. Those very HP folks that you're pissed at right now, will soon be sharing a foxhole with you. Save your ammunition for those folks who'd rather undermine your entire livelihood than dilute your seniority.
[post="300263"][/post]​
ebwqs

Thanks for your words. I do find it funny that most of those with their cute comments are fairly new to these boards. Have I been angry? Hell yes, but i promose you most haven't got a long history on this forum and have not heard the constant negative dribble to the US Airwyas employees.

And to the sweeties with their cute things said, I'm not going anywhere...got it? You only see a frustrated side of one worn out employee. If your Doug Parker is the Jesus Christ, Saviour of the industry, then THAT will change as he will know how to unite the troops.

If he continues to UNDERMINE the US Aiways f/a's by masterminding a plan to get the AWA MEC to change the the DOH bylaws at the national level (or whoever is in charge at the AWA MEC)...which Parker HAS done, the US f/a's will walk away very angry and make sure the customer knows. Go ahead and piss off 3/4 of your f/a's.

I'm not here for fans. I care about my job and am passionate about what I think is right and DO take care of my customers. If taking a stand against what I think is wrong, than what can I say...hate me. I really could care less.

RowUnderDCA said:
This is what I don't understand:

Do not the HP flight attendents determine their own seniority by DOH?

Do not the HP flight attendents intend to continue to determine their seniority amongst themselves after the merger by DOH?

If so, then on what basis do they wish to have colleagues that do not enjoy their full date of hire seniority?

I can understand them promoting some other 'fair' methodology, but havent they acknowledged that determining seniority by DOH is fair?

I don't care, but I find it logically confusing.. oh and I'm told that their union told them that future mergers would be handled by DOH.
[post="301188"][/post]​

A little slant on your "seniority". the company that hired you no longer exists (just ask the equity holders). It was reorganized. The company you will be a part of is new to the world. I don't think you really have any 'company seniority'.

If he continues to UNDERMINE the US Aiways f/a's by masterminding a plan to get the AWA MEC to change the the DOH bylaws at the national level (or whoever is in charge at the AWA MEC)...which Parker HAS done, the US f/a's will walk away very angry and make sure the customer knows. Go ahead and piss off 3/4 of your f/a's.

I'm not here for fans. I care about my job and am passionate about what I think is right and DO take care of my customers. If taking a stand against what I think is wrong, than what can I say...hate me. I really could care less.

By most accounts, your company and your job you cherish so much would be gone without the rope Parker threw you. And in typical out of touch AFA thinking you are now threatening to put the combined company out of business if you don't get your way. Wah. Let me guess, you're single/divorced. <_<

Hey Busdriver....why are you even on here spreading your cheer....don't the UAL forums even interest you! <_<

Whatnow? said:
Hey Busdriver....why are you even on here spreading your cheer....don't the UAL forums even interest you! <_<
[post="301480"][/post]​

Nah, nothing exciting over there. No merger, no new BK. Sigh, just no excitement ;) .

Busdrvr said:
Nah, nothing exciting over there. No merger, no new BK. Sigh, just no excitement ;) .
[post="301498"][/post]​

Lol!!!! US Airways is and has always been the most active and exciting board. It's not just USAviation, but it was wild on Planebusiness many years ago too. Never a dull moment! :up: