Good Luck To The Outsourced Mechanics

calibrator

Veteran
Jan 30, 2004
Just my way of saying it was a real pleasure working with such a great bunch of very talented and friendly co-workers who under one umbrella called ourselves mechanics. What we really are is everything required to keep a major airline operating safely and timely. I have met some of the most talented individuals in my life working there and I am not a young man having been employed many different places in my years. Many mechanics could and should start their own ventures because I am sure you will be very successful given the talents I was surrounded by. I will miss the camaraderie, the easy going atmosphere that was present no matter the department I worked in, which was many. There is no finer a group of men and women as I met at US Airways. It’s a damn shame what happened to us all. I will miss all the many friendly faces that I had the pleasure to work beside. Here’s Wishing you all the best for your futures and assuring you that what happened was not of your doing but was fate beyond your control that changed your path in life.

With Warm Regards, a fellow ex mechanic.

What about the stock clerks and the virtual elimination of all Utility?

700UW said:
What about the stock clerks and the virtual elimination of all Utility?
[post="241673"][/post]​
I assumed it was understood they are absolutely included and under that umbrella.

Many utility workers come to mind, some had college degrees and a few with side business. They were slaughtered mercilessly while the top senior employees only saw their soon coming retirements which blinded them to the junior employees who also have a life and families to support and are no less affected and a large part of the killing fields.

Corporate America’s version of ethnic cleansing except they call it economic cleansing to soften the harsh impact they created for too many families.

calibrator said:
I assumed it was understood they are absolutely included and under that umbrella.

Many utility workers come to mind, some had college degrees and a few with side business. They were slaughtered mercilessly while the top senior employees only saw their soon coming retirements which blinded them to the junior employees who also have a life and families to support and are no less affected and a large part of the killing fields.

Corporate America’s version of ethnic cleansing except they call it economic cleansing to soften the harsh impact they created for too many families.
[post="241683"][/post]​

What you fail to realize if it wasn't for the junior employees being scared to death of losing their severance and unemployment thereby voting yes it would have never passed. I said it before Usairways played them like a fiddle. No one would vote themselves out of a job unless they were played.

usairways_vote_NO said:
What you fail to realize if it wasn't for the junior employees being scared to death of losing their severance and unemployment thereby voting yes it would have never passed. I said it before Usairways played them like a fiddle. No one would vote themselves out of a job unless they were played.
[post="241775"][/post]​
Believe what you want. I worked right next to the people who had 25 plus years and to make it over the hump they would have sold their souls. The junior people are the ones who have the screw them attitude more so than the older gray haired fear filled old men convinced they MUST to accept whatever is handed them believing they could never find another job at their age. The ones who could retire did retire and the ones who couldn't fell on wobbly knees. Severance and flying benefits did not make the day, like I said, believe what you want, it doesn’t matter now does it.

calibrator said:
Believe what you want. I worked right next to the people who had 25 plus years and to make it over the hump they would have sold their souls. The junior people are the ones who have the screw them attitude more so than the older gray haired fear filled old men convinced they MUST to accept whatever is handed them believing they could never find another job at their age. The ones who could retire did retire and the ones who couldn't fell on wobbly knees. Severance and flying benefits did not make the day, like I said, believe what you want, it doesn’t matter now does it.
[post="241785"][/post]​

No it doesn't matter now does it. You believe what you want but it never would have passed without the junior voting yes. The junior controled the outcome no matter what you think they were in the majority The numbers speak for themselves.

usairways_vote_NO said:
No it doesn't matter now does it. You believe what you want but it never would have passed without the junior voting yes. The junior controled the outcome no matter what you think they were in the majority The numbers speak for themselves.
[post="241797"][/post]​
If you go by numbers U wouldn’t be here right now.

I said my farewell and whether I liked what happened or not doesn't matter and neither does what numbers ruled. I still believe that U will likely vanish regardless and this will only be a hollow victory for Lakefield and company. They haven’t cured cancer and U’s problems are worse.

usairways_vote_NO said:
[post="241775"][/post]​
I'm just shy of 16 yrs, that makes me relatively junior. I however wasn't "scared to death" to vote no. It was simply the right thing to do.

aerosmith said:
I'm just shy of 16 yrs, that makes me relatively junior. I however wasn't "scared to death" to vote no. It was simply the right thing to do.
[post="241821"][/post]​
THANK YOU!!! For some sanity.