Us Airways Hints Merger Is Best Option

Travelpro72 said:
OK.... Again, is this an aviation board or is this a christian debate board. Can we Pleeeeeeease get back to something else to speculate about? Talk about WAY off topic.
[post="267312"][/post]​

WWJF- What Would Jesus Fly?

Moral dilemma- Would TSA make him remove his sandals?

Back on topic. GECAS is trying to cover their bets here. Notice that aircraft are not scheduled to be returned until they're pre-leased to another carrier. If US goes under, that is a lot of metal to turnaround at once. It would also probably depress pricing. By keeping US in the air, it is improving both short term and long term cash flow for General Electric.

It would not be unexpected for emergence from bankruptcy to slip from June 30. There are certain benefits to remaining in Chapter 11, whether or not a merger occurs.

An observation about things being done well. The pre-planning for the CLT runway repair is nice to see.

calibrator said:
Light years:

Your conscience must be torture to live.

You all know in your hearts, unless your conscience has been seared, that truth hurts and why such reactions to the messenger who delivers it. Indulge yourselves and reap the rewards.

“According to your faith be it unto you"

This Saturday post is my last ever as I remind “Lightâ€￾,  that he is far from it!

[post="267282"][/post]​

Eh? I'm not sure what or who you're waffling on about at this point. I don't know who "he" is, but my conscience is splendid. How disturbing that you feel the need to call people "strange" and hope they are "tortured" while your deseased soul is only too clear to all. I think you may just be bananas! :disguise:

Jesus was a wise, cool, wine-guzzling dude who hung with everyone, and you clearly missed his most important point, "Love one another as I have loved you." And that's something he actually said, not one of the blokes who wrote the Bible or participated in it's numerous translations and re-writings, or worse, it's terrible misinterpretations. The Bible has been used to defend slavery and slaughter of human beings. Sadly, if you have hatred in your heart you can turn anything into a weapon against anyone who differs from you. And that my friend, is not Christian (as in Christ-like), at all.

Peace Out Brother Love. :groovy:

calibrator said:
Article

Even before I started working at U over 15 years ago this is the same story.

Nothing has changed...

Fifteen years and it’s the same story and we have morons on this board who think it will work...

...every time a “newâ€￾ deal is in the works they jump and up down pissing their pants believing U will become the next LUV, pathetic.

What amazes me is the perpetual Pollyanna’s who believe the yellow brick road is only another paper signing ceremony away...

I told it like it was on these boards and still the drum beats on with more younger morons jumping on the yellow brick road believing they are awake.

Curt
[post="267040"][/post]​

Nice departure Opus...so you admit YOU were a moron for hanging around for 15 years.

some of you might want to read George Will's column this week (first week of May) on conservative christians and our politics. I cant pull it up at Washingtonpost.com just yet.. but it should be in his list soon.

Light Years should have her own column or blog.

DOA@Airport said:
Nice departure Opus...so you admit YOU were a moron for hanging around for 15 years.
[post="267375"][/post]​
U was good for me: Built a handicapped home and paid for it for my disabled wife, put my son through college all the way to his master degree, paid for, completely dept free---Thank you so much “Uâ€￾.

Learned a few things along the way, the airlines are filled with…people of alternative live styles, you know the kind of people who write on these here boards calling people like me homophobes…for all you gay boys and especially “Lightâ€￾ this is for you, my final farewell….

My Love Always…Curtsy

The Perfect Man is gentle
Never cruel or mean.
He has a beautiful smile,
And keeps his face so clean.
The Perfect Man likes children,
And will raise them by your side.
He will be a good father
As well as a good husband to his bride.
The Perfect Man loves cooking,
cleaning and vacuuming, too.
He'll do anything in his power
To convey his feelings of love to you.
The Perfect Man is sweet
Writing poetry from your name
He's a best friend to your mother,
And kisses away your pain.
He never has made you cry,
Or battered you in any way.
To hell with this endless poem,
The Perfect Man is gay.

calibrator said:
U was good for me: Built a handicapped home and paid for it for my disabled wife, put my son through college all the way to his master degree, paid for, completely dept free---Thank you so much “Uâ€￾.

Learned a few things along the way, the airlines are filled with…people of alternative live styles, you know the kind of people who write on these here boards calling people like me homophobes…for all you gay boys and especially “Lightâ€￾ this is for you, my final farewell….
My Love Always…Curtsy
The Perfect Man is gentle
Never cruel or mean.
He has a beautiful smile,
And keeps his face so clean.
The Perfect Man likes children,
And will raise them by your side.
He will be a good father
As well as a good husband to his bride.
The Perfect Man loves cooking,
cleaning and vacuuming, too.
He'll do anything in his power
To convey his feelings of love to you.
The Perfect Man is sweet
Writing poetry from your name
He's a best friend to your mother,
And kisses away your pain.
He never has made you cry,
Or battered you in any way.
To hell with this endless poem,
The Perfect Man is gay.
[post="267447"][/post]​

Bahahahaha...

AtlanticBeach said:
WWJF- What Would Jesus Fly?

Moral dilemma- Would TSA make him remove his sandals?

[post="267319"][/post]​

Another nice take on the "WWJD" movement.

Rev. Mr. President and Rev. Senator Frist love to wear their evangelical "Christianity" on their sleeves and weaponize Jesus's message of love. So, I think we should take the WWJD slogan a bit further and make it relevant to today's environment:

WWJD?

Which Country Would Jesus Attack?
Which Bomb Would Jesus Drop?
What Missile Would Jesus Fire?
What Grenade Would Jesus Launch?
Which Tank Would Jesus Fund?
Which Rifle Would Jesus Choose?

I'm certain Rev. Mr. President, Rev. Senators Frist and Santorum, Rev. Mr. DeLay, Rev. Justice Thomas, Rev. Justice Scalia and others can answer these questions for us.

Just What WOULD Jesus Do, faced with the policies of our "Christian" government?

nycbusdriver said:
Another nice take on the "WWJD" movement.
Rev. Mr. President and Rev. Senator Frist love to wear their evangelical "Christianity" on their sleeves and weaponize Jesus's message of love. So, I think we should take the WWJD slogan a bit further and make it relevant to today's environment:

WWJD?

Which Country Would Jesus Attack?
Which Bomb Would Jesus Drop?
What Missile Would Jesus Fire?
What Grenade Would Jesus Launch?
Which Tank Would Jesus Fund?
Which Rifle Would Jesus Choose?

I'm certain Rev. Mr. President, Rev. Senators Frist and Santorum, Rev. Mr. DeLay, Rev. Justice Thomas, Rev. Justice Scalia and others can answer these questions for us.

Just What WOULD Jesus Do, faced with the policies of our "Christian" government?
[post="267460"][/post]​

Here is an interesting view on war from a religious perspective, and to clear up some "misconceptions" with respect to "turn the other cheek". It's actually a pretty good read.

http://www.everystudent.com/wires/justwar.html

now to Church and State:
No where, not in a single place, does the constitution or bill of rights require a 'seperation" of church and state. What it does is prohibit the establishment of a "national church", ala The Church of England, that could in the context of the age in which the bill of rights was passed, become itself another branch of government, possibly even sending the country into a theocracy.

So having said that:

Countries to attack? Syria, Iran, North Korea, and most definately Iraq.
Bomb? The bunker buster, to kill the evil leaders with minimal collateral damage
Missile? why the He11fire of course....
Granade? One of reasonable size.
Tank? the M1 of course due to it's accuracy and potentiually lower collateral damage
Rifle? The M-16, cause if he were on earth today, he'd chose to live in the U.S.

"4) Thus it is not religion per se that perpetrates violence, but a certain mindset that seeks to use an ideology or a religious justification to control people's thinking and restrain the most fundamental freedoms."

Ha, I guess Its blame the player, not the game now, right?

"congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Light Years said:
Eh? I'm not sure what or who you're waffling on about at this point. I don't know who "he" is, but my conscience is splendid. How disturbing that you feel the need to call people "strange" and hope they are "tortured" while your deseased soul is only too clear to all. I think you may just be bananas! :disguise:

Jesus was a wise, cool, wine-guzzling dude who hung with everyone, and you clearly missed his most important point, "Love one another as I have loved you." And that's something he actually said, not one of the blokes who wrote the Bible or participated in it's numerous translations and re-writings, or worse, it's terrible misinterpretations. The Bible has been used to defend slavery and slaughter of human beings. Sadly, if you have hatred in your heart you can turn anything into a weapon against anyone who differs from you. And that my friend, is not Christian (as in Christ-like), at all.

Peace Out Brother Love. :groovy:
[post="267342"][/post]​
You swallowed hook line and sinker...I have been many strange beings on these boards and some were famous, and all were banned. These boards, you or nor anyone effects me personally. I love to stir the pot and sir back and watch it boil. I know how to do that very well... :up: You have posted many good posts and I don't have a thing against you, don't care if you like fudge or not, doesn't matter. What matters is we all have some fun along the way. My favorite name on these bodes started with "U" "Z" "A" and my sides hurt as everyone went completely nuts blasting me, love it :up: :up:

But my time is gone on here since I no longer am involved at all anymore...good luck Light-years and if I trade reads this: You sir are a coward never telling me your call sign like it was sacred or you would be murdered or something......

C U all in the next live...Love Curt

Curt -

You have more final posts then Cher has farewell tours.....I thought you were gone already! :elvis:

There are several references in the Bible (1 Cor 6:9, Rev 21:8 are examples) to sin.

What do they have in common?

Somewhere in them, we meet ourselves.

Rev 21:8 specifically says "...all liars...shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire..."

That one sin would damn every politician ( even Republican ones!), preacher, you, and me. Certainly me. And I score on some of the other lists in the Good Book, too.

Moreover, our "...righteousnesses are as filthy rags..." Isaiah 64:6.

So what is the point?

Luke
18:9-14

"{9} And he (Jesus)* spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: {10} Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican (a Jew who collected taxes for the Roman occupation, and despised by his countrymen)*. {11} The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. {12} I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. {13} And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. {14} I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

Perhaps the point is, we should become less like the Pharisee, who lives in each of us, and more like the publican, who realized his abiding need for Mercy.

*parenthetical insertions mine

RowUnderDCA said:
Religious Christianity in the US has been turned into a greedy, selfish poitical movement to get a bigger piece of a shrinking pie for people who can find those that deserve to be estranged from their own governemnt according to some dogma. Tragically, it has less and less to do with Christ, everyday.

This is why God blessed the founding fathers of this country to create the separation of church and state. It's a GOOD thing.
[post="267232"][/post]​

Indeed!

Latest posts