Gotta Love Foreign Call Centers

lowfareair

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Trying to call today to get some dividend miles redeposited, and I got SAN both times I've tried. First time I asked and they told me. The second time was just sad:

Me: Hi, I'd like to change a dividend miles flight plan.
Him: Ok, what is you account #?
Me: Just wondering, where are you guys located?
Him: Winston Sah-lum.
Me(a little suspicious): What state?
Him: The United States sir.
Me: *click*

What do I have to do to get INT?!

ringmaruf said:
I think you mean SAL, not SAN.  ;)

SAN res was closed in 2001.  :(
[post="287495"][/post]​

(deleted, please just use PM for these types of numbers)

And if all else fails I have another number avail in PM!

ringmaruf said:
You shouldn't be posting those numbers.
[post="287500"][/post]​
And why not, is it classified information?

I look at it as a way to help all our customers who really want to buy this product, but do not want to deal with all the crap from some outsourced, under trained res agents.

USAirUnited said:
And why not, is it classified information?

I look at it as a way to help all our customers who really want to buy this product, but do not want to deal with all the crap from some outsourced, under trained res agents.
[post="287505"][/post]​

I'd assume that the GP desk is as short-staffed as everything else, so how is it fair to make people that earned their status have to hold while other people are tying up the lines?

(And no, it doesn't affect me, I'm a US1 now.)

I agree that the outsourced res sucks, but this isn't the solution.

ringmaruf said:
I'd assume that the GP desk is as short-staffed as everything else, so how is it fair to make people that earned their status have to hold while other people are tying up the lines?

(And no, it doesn't affect me, I'm a US1 now.)

I agree that the outsourced res sucks, but this isn't the solution.
[post="287506"][/post]​
Since I have intimate experience with the res centers I can speak from experience looking at the ACD routing screen. If there is not a gold member or silver member on the line a regular res call gets routed to the agent.

USAirUnited said:
Since I have intimate experience with the res centers I can speak from experience looking at the ACD routing screen. If there is not a gold member or silver member on the line a regular res call gets routed to the agent.
[post="287507"][/post]​

So rather than deciding fixing the problem of shoddy outsourced Res agents is not the way, you decide that devaluating a benefit of loyal revenue generators is the solution?

Not entirely correct.......those of us still in gen sales are getting nothing but preferred calls. Last night was the first night we got anything else. We sit there for lonnnnnngggggg periods of time without a call, and you know there are regular calls on hold.

Here is something else that is happening.....those of us that are not reissue trained(and there are quite a few) have to transfer the preferred member to reissue.......guess where they end up? Yup...Manila. And then guess what happens? Manila, thinking because they are preferred transfers them back to us!

Oh yes, my friends, it is an ugly ugly ride.

jcooke said:
So rather than deciding fixing the problem of shoddy outsourced Res agents is not the way, you decide that devaluating a benefit of loyal revenue generators is the solution?
[post="287518"][/post]​
If issues fall onto deaf ears then this is the next course of action.!

In my opinion this is the scenario...........

Outsourced res offices were only intended to be cheap temporary help while they got all of us out of here and completed the merger. When the merger is complete, the "spin" will be....."we listened to our customers and realize we were not providing the best customer service and have decided to close our outsourced res offices(Manila for sure) We believe the customer is king and have taken your concerns and complaints seriously."

Then, they can hire at bottom of scale, and make the customers happy by thinking they had any say in who provides customer service.

Cheap temp help my friends, that is all it was ever intended to be. Then when Parker comes in and says "No way will I do this to our customers!" he looks like the good guy......bringing jobs back to the US(albiet at bottom of scale)

Everyone is a goodguy at first. Been through a few and always good at first till the changes start. Just wait. You guys will HATE him soon enough!!!!!!!!!!

livingontheedge,

Concur.

That is why EO, as opposed to furlough was sold to y'all.

And why the HP merger was kept quiet until all of the EO paperwork had been submitted.

Wonder what the CWA knew, and when they knew it?

Back