Blue Man Group Leads The New Usairways

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
Few are Blue giving away sweet Halloween treats

Nov. 1, 2005 12:00 AM

"Would you like some candy, ma'am?"

That's not a line Doug Parker utters much in a regular day as CEO of US Airways (formerly America West), but Halloween is never a normal day for executives of the Tempe-based company.

Parker and a handful of other top executives dress up as a team every year, and Monday morning found them handing out candy to employees and passengers at Sky Harbor International Airport as Blue Man Group. It's the theater troupe with the cobalt blue heads and cult following. Even if you've never seen the show, you've probably seen them in an Intel ad. advertisement

"You just got candy from the top guy," a US Airways ticket agent told a bewildered passenger served by Parker.

The senior citizen was so tickled she stuck around for the impromptu performance by Parker and fellow executives Scott Kirby, Al Crellin, Derek Kerr and Elise Eberwein. Travis Christ, dressed as Superman, was their setup man. He urged everyone, including the ticket agents at Southwest Airlines, to listen in.

Parker, whose 44th birthday was Monday, came up with this year's gig after he saw the group on the airline's magazine cover. He was ruing the decision before lunchtime: His back was the drum for the finale of the show: "That hurt when you guys beat on my back," he said with a laugh.

Barbi lighten up. It's the NEW USAirways we would have loved to have them in Reno. You must have some fun in your life to live long. So laugh a little.

The performance DP and group put on at the Hanger was so bad it was halarious. I would not recommend anyone without a sense of humor to duplicate their effort....it could cause extreme illness. The blue paint on their faces made it really difficult to tell everyone apart...all except for DP (he is about 6'5" and towers above most people). It was a full house in the cafeteria and everyone got a good laugh. Got pics and will try to post some tonight after work.

Having fun in the airline industry...inparticularly US Airways!! What a concept!! Come on down to Charlotte and have fun. I LOVE this breathe of fresh air. While you're at it, keep lowering your local CLT rates to reflect that of a true lcc and we will really love US Airways. :up:

Note that Blue Men are EARLESS! They have no ears! Ears do not exist on their heads!

Witness the video with Venus Hum at http://www.blueman.com/videoimages/video/ifeellove_h.shtml

NO EARS! Anything else is hideous! Anything else is just some guy with blue stuff on his head!

A kick in the crotch for you!!!

Barbie are you for real? A real life person with this many issues?
I am not big on shrinks, but... girl you need to see one!
And I am starting to think maybe, just maybe you need a man??? ;)

Latest posts