Blue Man Group Leads The New Usairways

The company already realizes they have big problems it backfired on them. The public is starting to become very aware. The media has pickup on it. The company knows they need to change things it’s just a matter of time. This issue is starting to turn in favor of the CUSTOMER SERVICE EMPLOYEE ASSOCIATION

But we're still a couple years away from a contract, and that's what worries your West counterparts. Our wages are frozen until we DO get something ratified. (Yeah I know, cry y'all a river about wage freezes.) Our wages are so substandard for the west coast that it's disgusting. (Hence the thought of hubby and I moving to CLT or somewhere else in the south in a couple years, once all is said and done and we're operating as ONE carrier.

I'd also like to be able to see vacancies filled with furloughed employees. I'm sure there are many more than anyone would like to admit. Bring ALL of our customer service back in-house. (Again, the WAH thing...I'm sure there are tax benefits for the company- there are for the employee.) They'd still have a cost savings over having a full-fledged res center open. Either that or have res agents train to be working at the airport. I'm sure turnover for ATO agents isn't all that much less with East than it is here. Plus you have the benefit of having some people pretty darned knowledgable about ticketing. I really don't feel we're taking advatage of the assets East/West employees have to offer.

We need to bring the rj's to an in house thing too. It'd go back to being under our scope, plus the pilots and f/a, ramp...benefit for ALL.

Needs to be a give and take. Some good old fashioned hard bargaining is ALL that's required. The industry is in turmoil and the airline & unions that find a way to face the true common enemy which is their competitors will be the ones that reap the benefits.

If you can take an older, more skilled in many ways and you energize and empower them the competition can be crushed and US Airways can thrive once in
The unions sure have given and the company sure has taken.

Latest posts