Blue Man Group Leads The New Usairways

Barbee,
If you do not know A.C. and have not had the experience of working for him, I do not think bashing him would be the smartest thing for you to do. I can only speak for myself and quite a large number of US east employees when I state the following: What once was an awesome company to work for has now for a number of years now been just the opposite. I am referring to the dismal treatment by management of the rank and file, AND, the incredibly unnecessary, stupid and sad situations I was in with customers. All this while Mr. Crellin was driving the bus.
All the feel good/forgive and forget messages by AWA employees and dancing around in blue suits will not help me forget the pain this man caused in many many lives. As the Talking Heads would say: He is the same as he ever was. Write what you think you need to write. I will do likewise.

Oh no! I won't make that mistake again! :shock: Be careful about making any comments about the men in the blue suits. You will receive hate PMs and all sorts of nonsense!

Well now you make me feel like a loser Barbee. I bashed you, but I appreciate the humble update to your previous post. As for Crellin, I don't know him, I've met him, I have no idea what his previous record is. I do know that he as selected by DP to stay on the new company, so I have to believe that he has good qualities and may actually show those qualities under a new leader...we shall see.

Barbee,
If you do not know A.C. and have not had the experience of working for him, I do not think bashing him would be the smartest thing for you to do. I can only speak for myself and quite a large number of US east employees when I state the following: What once was an awesome company to work for has now for a number of years now been just the opposite. I am referring to the dismal treatment by management of the rank and file, AND, the incredibly unnecessary, stupid and sad situations I was in with customers. All this while Mr. Crellin was driving the bus.
All the feel good/forgive and forget messages by AWA employees and dancing around in blue suits will not help me forget the pain this man caused in many many lives. As the Talking Heads would say: He is the same as he ever was. Write what you think you need to write. I will do likewise.
Young inexperience HP/employees have not observed and suffered what WE have.

Well now you make me feel like a loser Barbee. I bashed you, but I appreciate the humble update to your previous post. As for Crellin, I don't know him, I've met him, I have no idea what his previous record is. I do know that he as selected by DP to stay on the new company, so I have to believe that he has good qualities and may actually show those qualities under a new leader...we shall see.
OUTSIDE looking IN

I may actually be older than you or the same age and have worked for many Als in my lifetime. There are more Als out there in this big old world.
Oh I am sorry I did not know you have been thru two bankrupts two ratification of contract changes devastating demands for wage and benefit cuts and other concessions using the bankruptcy law to petition to abrogate the union contract A strong strike vote. And three(maybe four) attempts to try to decertify the union. All under the threat of liquidation chapter 7 and shutdown of the airline

Oh I am sorry I did not know you have been thru two bankrupts two ratification of contract changes devastating demands for wage and benefit cuts and other concessions using the bankruptcy law to petition to abrogate the union contract A strong strike vote. And three(maybe four) attempts to try to decertify the union. All under the threat of liquidation chapter 7 and shutdown of the airline

OOOOOO!!! Kitty has claws... :lol:

Young inexperience HP/employees have not observed and suffered what WE have.
OUTSIDE looking IN

Hey, just because HP has only been thru 1 bankruptsy instead of 2, plz understand we do empathize with what you are all going thru. The problem now is, you are either going to be part of the solution, or you are part of the ongoing problem. We know your morale is low, we've been there too (if any of you reading remember HP summer of 2000, then you know the HELL we've been thru also), but a poopy attitude, poor job performance, or deplorable customer service is NOT the answer... give it time, if DP can take over 1day before 9/11 and pull us to profitablity *and* get investors to back our merger with you, then give him time to make this merger work. Nothing happens overnight...be part of the solution, take pride in your job, and your NEW company, check the baggage at the door, cuz we don't need it, nor do we want it!

You East folks still don't get it.

We never had your kind of wages and benefits. Never, ever, ever. So we couldn't lose what we didn't have. At least you had the opportunity to save, pay more equity into your house earlier or otherwise invest more for the future. We never had that opportunity to take advantage of.

If you are expecting sympathy you won't get more then a Kleenex. We would have killed for the opportunities you had. As it is, we hope you never have to see it as bad as we had it after our BK when William Franke was in charge of AWA.

QUOTE kaldia Today, 01:10 PM
"Hey, just because HP has only been thru 1 bankruptsy instead of 2, plz understand we do empathize with what you are all going thru. The problem now is, you are either going to be part of the solution, or you are part of the ongoing problem. We know your morale is low, we've been there too (if any of you reading remember HP summer of 2000, then you know the HELL we've been thru also), but a poopy attitude, poor job performance, or deplorable customer service is NOT the answer... give it time, if DP can take over 1day before 9/11 and pull us to profitablity *and* get investors to back our merger with you, then give him time to make this merger work. Nothing happens overnight...be part of the solution, take pride in your job, and your NEW company, check the baggage at the door, cuz we don't need it, nor do we want it! "

No bad attitude here just taking some down memory lane. We all have baggage including you. Forget I don't think so. I love this job and what it should stand for just some people get in the way. The baggage on the baggage carousel never stops. If it does we are all in trouble

You East folks still don't get it.

We never had your kind of wages and benefits. Never, ever, ever. So we couldn't lose what we didn't have. At least you had the opportunity to save, pay more equity into your house earlier or otherwise invest more for the future. We never had that opportunity to take advantage of.

If you are expecting sympathy you won't get more then a Kleenex. We would have killed for the opportunities you had. As it is, we hope you never have to see it as bad as we had it after our BK when William Franke was in charge of AWA.
Point taken I hope CWA/IBT can get you guys up to or close to industry standards like the rest of your work groups

I don't know if you're "Gay" but you certainly aren't happy!! You missed the whole point of the execs dressing up and giving out goodies.

Ah, just like you and a few other hired spies bringing cheap chocolates (M&Ms, and other junk) to the PHL crewroom to show your "appreciation" after the holidays?

Lighten up?

When the back stabbing stops. When a management team hires someone not just because they talk a good line, but because they actually know how to manage. When management feels that they can actually go out on flights themselves and truly understand what is going on without sending cheap suits out to spy on employees.

I'll feel better when unions start signing "contracts" that include management performance guarantees and goals staked in granite. When employees demand management that actually works instead of one that brags about how many days off they had in Dec. (working two days for $20,000+ for two days work doesn't seem too good to me). When the employees demand and get supervisors who are problem-solvers and not prosecutors.

It is possible. even here.

Until then, I see nothing funny in a poorly copied lousy act. Theme - cheesy act? Something we are to look forward to? Maybe they would have been considered funny at a Wendys......who knows.

OH Please I left my violin at home! Stop being a professional victim! The PHL Inquirer has 50 to 60 pages EVERY Sunday of job opportunities. Don't tell me you aren't qualified either!

You had from September 12th, 2001 until today to GET TRAINED. It's called self reliance John-John, the IAM or CWA can't give it to you it comes from within.

While I am deeply sympathetic to your plight on one hand, OTOH, I think after 9/11, two BK's 3 wages cuts and a merger even Stevie Wonder could see that it's NEVER going back to what it was Pay/Benefits wise.

So it's time for a little tough love! Now it's time to put on your big girl panties and stop whinning and crying and fix your situation. YES you got screwed, now go find a job and work your way into a position where you are the Screwor instead of the screwee!
I suspect we both are hanging around this airline for the same reason loyalty/convenience/routine/ and hope to make USAirways a better place. We both have choices to leave but we choose to stay and whine looking for the pacifier.
Upgrades, overbooking inventory, a lime, a waiver now and then, upper managements attention, etc. etc. As for me benefits, pay, and of course managements attention.

While I am deeply sympathetic to your plight on one hand, OTOH, I think after 9/11, two BK's 3 wages cuts and a merger even Stevie Wonder could see that it's NEVER going back to what it was Pay/Benefits wise.
“Change of Controlâ€￾ grievance has been filed...
CWA has filed the general grievance and also local grievances with signatures of a majority of employees at locations across the system invoking the clause in our contract (Article 2: Status of Agreement) which says:

Upon a change in control defined as the sale of all or substantially all of the assets or common stock of the Company or US Airways Group in a single transaction (or in multi-step related transactions) to a single purchaser (or a group of purchasers acting in concert), the hourly rates of pay under this agreement shall be increased to the rates which would have been effective following the Pay Parity Adjustment in June 2002 under the Letter of Agreement on pages 96-100 in the basic agreement. In addition to such hourly rates of pay, the CWA will have the right to extend the duration of the CWA Restructuring Agreement for one, two or three years at the CWA’s option, past the amendable date of the CWA Restructuring Agreement, with across the board wage increases of four and one half percent (4.5%) on the amendable date and on each of the three (3) annual anniversaries of the amendable date thereafter (i.e. 12/31/09, 12/31/10 and 12/31/11). For the purposes of this paragraph, “Common Stockâ€￾ is the Common Stock of US Airways Group, which are then outstanding and the Common Stock issuable on exchange, exercise, and/or conversion of securities of the Company or US Airways Group which are then currently exchangeable into, exercisable for, or convertible into such Common stock.

Management's initial reaction is to say that they think this grievance is frivolous and without merit. We have responded that the opinion of our legal and financial advisors is that US Airways has undergone a change of control. The language above is an agreed upon article of our contract and we’re seeking to enforce it. We’ll keep you informed as further discussions occur.

You are being presumptuous by assuming what and what not has happened in my life. Anyways, time to move on. Wipe your tears, blow your nose and pull up your pants.

Here's a song my father used to sing to me when things weren't going "my way":

Oh...oh... agony on me
deep dark depression excessive misery
if it weren't for bad luck i'd have no luck at all
oh...oh... agony on me

I hated that song.

Latest posts