Hand Paying Union Dues

SkydrolJunkie

Senior
Mar 16, 2006
I am hand paying my union dues now. The treasurer quoted me a figure equal to what was taken out of my check every month. I've heard that there is a lesser amount I can pay and still stay in good standing. Anybody have any info on this. It would be appreciated. Thx.

Sky, you should also go "agency fee" which is the only way to pay a lesser amount. Many in Tulsa are agency fee hand payers and only pay when the 15 day registered letter is received from the international. I will never be in good standing again (by choice) and will be a thorn in their flesh till the end.

Sky, you should also go "agency fee" which is the only way to pay a lesser amount. Many in Tulsa are agency fee hand payers and only pay when the 15 day registered letter is received from the international. I will never be in good standing again (by choice) and will be a thorn in their flesh till the end.

Be very careful when you do this. Insure that you don't spend the money you owe for dues. You will lose your voting rights, not that it seems to make any difference with AA unions. They will just revote until they get the result they want. You can also be a "thorn" by challenging any expenditure that is not "germane" to your class and craft.

Be very careful when you do this. Insure that you don't spend the money you owe for dues. You will lose your voting rights, not that it seems to make any difference with AA unions. They will just revote until they get the result they want. You can also be a "thorn" by challenging any expenditure that is not "germane" to your class and craft.
nancy is correct. if you resign from apfa you still have to pay the agency fee, which is slightly lower than normal dues, but you can't vote.

Speaking of "germane expenditures", I must say I'm very dissappointed in the new online LM-2 reporting method. When first announced it appeared the union would have to account for where my money went in more detail and would reveal expenses I'm paying for that were non-germane. That has not been the case. Have any of you accountant types looked at your LM-2's?