Here you go Westies

IT DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE NOW.

It is meaningless whether or not East was days away from shutdown, and it is meaningless whether or not West would have done a chapter 11.

The company as a whole survived and will do well, with the best employees in the industry and management that APPEARS to know what they're doing.

The malcontents on both sides need to crawl back into their holes and let things go already. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER ANY MORE.

And a final word...it was to the credit of the fine front line people of East that their company lasted long enough to be part of this new US Airways. THEY are the heroes here, who kept people like me coming back long enough to keep the doors open and let this day come. So if you want to thank someone thank the frontliners.

The rest of you, get over it.

Well SAID!

It is meaningless whether or not East was days away from shutdown, and it is meaningless whether or not West would have done a chapter 11.

The company as a whole survived and will do well, with the best employees in the industry and management that APPEARS to know what they're doing.

The malcontents on both sides need to crawl back into their holes and let things go already. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER ANY MORE.

And a final word...it was to the credit of the fine front line people of East that their company lasted long enough to be part of this new US Airways. THEY are the heroes here, who kept people like me coming back long enough to keep the doors open and let this day come. So if you want to thank someone thank the frontliners.

Thank-you ART for flying US Airways all these years.

Why are some still tying pit workgroups and East-West folks against each other? What is the motive?

Isn't it time to get over it...a new day is well on its way. No one person or workgroup alone can make this merger work but together we can make it work...everyone contibuting and pulling their own weight. Teams are built on competence, trust, understanding and respect. There is too much work to do and too little time to do it to waste energy sniping at each other. Let's move forward!

So you are saying Parker is lying?

What Parker was saying has been business as usual for AWA. Nothing new. We were always on the brink. We didn't have a vision that went much further than 12 months. Call it what you want.

Your own CEO admitted you would be filing chapter 11, you had to get an ATSB loan to stay in business after 9/11 as no banks would loan HP any money.

And the only reason you turned a profit as you are one of the lowest paid in the airline industry.

700, what is your point? How much more can you milk AWA was in bad shape, but US Airways was in worse shape? Look...the new airline is going to kick butt with or without you or me. Let's move on.

Thank you.

I agree that everyone just needs to pick up and move on as a united front if this is going to be successful. US was in Chapter 11, HP was heading there...what else matters? Once Super Dave took his golden parachute and Lakefield came in, things got serious on raising cash. Discussions started to intensify with Parker, remember all the rumors of talks at that time for over a year, and things started to come together. Lakefield worked his Wall Street connections and began raising money to fund the merger. Remember. Neither HP nor US purchased the other. Outside investors made it 100% possible.

These arguments on who would have went where are pointless. Would HP have filed Chapter 11? Maybe. Would US have folder? Who knows. Anyone who has paid any attention over the last 20 years would realize this company is essentially the cockroach of the airline industry. Everyone has tried to kill it, but it lives on.

i don't know why you people fall into 700's web all the time. he loves to stir trouble. he sounds like a bitter person who hates usairways . i do not know why he just doesen't retire or quit. we are all ONE airline now .

I am not bitter nor do I hate US, nor do I make a web.

I am blunt and honest, too many westies have the condescending attitude that they save US.

And don't want to accept the fact that their airline was in trouble.

They did not buy US, it was a merger funded by outside investors.

Once again you try to make it about me when it is about the facts of what transpired and if you don't like my honesty, put me on ignore.

Sorry if I don't drink the koolaide like most of you cheerleaders.

The bottom line is that we (East) now have a team that actually WANTS to run an airline,,,not purty it up to sell...or stand around scratching their asses about what to do with it.

Say what you want about him, I feel DP desires to actually RUN a company. Things could get heated in negotiations, but for the first time since before Wolf i don't here references to not being a stand alone carrier or we don't know what we are...on and on. There will be three tiers of airlines...full service...full service lite (that would be US) and no frills. DP HAS decided the direction of that company and we ARE transforming to that...sometimes slowly, but surely.

We have ALL made sacrifices...East AND West. We have ALL lived on the edge since the industry nose dived after 9/11. We ALL are to be credited for the survial of the new US Airways and we ALL should be thankful for the clever financial wheeling and dealing to make this merger happen. More inportant is the fact that it will be ALL of us that either sabatoge or make this merger a success.

There is momentum in our airline and I for one find it a shame that 4 pages have been dedicated to meaningless arguing about who is bought whom. This time last year everyone thought this merger was the craziest idea in the world. So far the naysayers have been PROVEN WRONG!! Debate $5 million profit till you're blue in the face, but this operation is MUCH better than a year ago.

I've been thru 4 mergers and I can tell you that the more everyone hangs onto stupid stuff like who bought whom, the longer it will take to truly be one airline. In 5 years, you aren't going to care.

For the Easties, whether intended or not, nobody likes arrogance and I can say that many of us Easties come across that way. That only makes people more furious...not that I have much room to talk. By the same token, I feel some of the Westies come across as victims with the "it's not fair" whining. Nobody likes a whiner and nobody like a victim. All those issues that seem so important will work out. BELIEVE ME. And if senority is such an issue, just remember, the harder we ALL work to bettering this company and making it a success, the better chance that senority issues will be mute. I moved up 600 numbers system wide just this month. Hardly an issue as old people WILL retired and bitter pills will either quit or die of heart attacks/strokes

While I am all for posting factual information, I still scratch my head at the TRUE intentions of this thread.

There has been "much" come out of Parkers mouth. Some of the things have proven to be NOT true.

If you wanted to end an argument the best way to do it is to side with the bigger numbers, weather it's true or not. He is tired of the argument as well.

The financial programs on the "tube" and the radio still reference the "America West purchase of US Airways" when they talk about the New US Airways. No brag...just fact.

It's over with...... now lets get on with the Merger. Nuff said. :)

Fact?

Facts are outside investors financed the company and own it, for accounting purposes HP is treated as the aquiring airline.

Just look that name of the Airline and the group, US AIRWAYS, not America West.

It is a mereger funded by outside investors, no one aquired anyone.

Latest posts