Heritage Paint Jobs

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
I can't get it to link but on TheHub under "New Livery" are pictures of the "Heritage" paint jobs. Allegheny, America West, Piedmont and PSA.

Will be flying soon!

Home run Doug!!!!

:up:

Do you think it would have been appropriate to include Empire in the circle, or should the speedbird represent Empire?

LD3 said:
Do you think it would have been appropriate to include Empire in the circle, or should the speedbird represent Empire?
[post="291379"][/post]​

LD3,

I think it should have included Empire as well as Mohawk & Lake Central.
Both of the former airlines still have employees working and all of the airlines that it took to make up the new US Airways should be recognized.

linemech.

linemech said:
LD3,

I think it should have included Empire as well as Mohawk & Lake Central.
Both of the former airlines still have employees working and all of the airlines that it took to make up the new US Airways should be recognized.
linemech.
[post="291393"][/post]​

I posted this in another thread, but this is my take......

I am guessing that maybe it has something to do with the branding rights??????
US Airways still owns the rights to PSA, Piedmont, Allegheny and soon to be America West. Maybe US Aiways doesn't own the branding rights to Empire or Mohawk Airlines???? Just maybe..... Anyone???

I'd say why not add All American Airways to it as it was the predecessor to what is now US Airways

As far as Mohawk goes I would love to see them included, but I am pretty sure they sold the name rights to Bob Peach back in the 80's. He was able to use the name but not the Indian Chief logo for that wonderful little upstate NY airline I had the displeasure of working at.

For those of us that didn't make it to the festivities yesterday, is there going to be a place where we can pick up on of those Heritage Pins? I would love to wear one of them on my uniform or serving apron.
Oh and btw....the PSA heritage plane just rocks. Its gonna be great to see one of those planes land in SAN!! :up:

AL-PS-PI-AW said:
For those of us that didn't make it to the festivities yesterday, is there going to be a place where we can pick up on of those Heritage Pins? I would love to wear one of them on my uniform or serving apron.
Oh and btw....the PSA heritage plane just rocks. Its gonna be great to see one of those planes land in SAN!! :up:
[post="292081"][/post]​

We were told by Doug yesterday that all employees will receive pins via the mail or at your local station. They had limited supplies with them and were all gone in five minutes!!! :(

Twicebaked said:
I posted this in another thread, but this is my take......
I am guessing that maybe it has something to do with the branding rights??????
US Airways still owns the rights to PSA, Piedmont, Allegheny and soon to be America West. Maybe US Aiways doesn't own the branding rights to Empire or Mohawk Airlines???? Just maybe..... Anyone???
[post="291401"][/post]​

I think you are right because there was another Mohawk airlines in business for awhile years after the merger.

Back