heritage planes

I know that the shots the company sent out of the aicraft were all Airbus - but has any formal release been sent out that the heritage planes will be Airbus for sure? I can see them using the retro liverys on other aircraft type.

With that said, has everybody seen the US Airways calendar at the company store? It is SWEET! It has all the aircraft livery - and is well worth the $2!

Didnt see the calendar on the store web site.

edit for spelling...fat fingers

I know that the shots the company sent out of the aicraft were all Airbus - but has any formal release been sent out that the heritage planes will be Airbus for sure? I can see them using the retro liverys on other aircraft type.

With that said, has everybody seen the US Airways calendar at the company store? It is SWEET! It has all the aircraft livery - and is well worth the $2!

where's the calendar? didn't see it on the website for the company store?

Its on the AWA side company store, not the USAirways store (via TheHub). --- at least that's what the paperwork said that accompanied the calendar ---

We got ours today.. such a tease to only send one! I will be ordering one, and maybe a few other items.

Btw, Friday is the last day for many people at CCY. Many will be missed, including some dear friends of mine :( :( :(

Its on the AWA side company store, not the USAirways store (via TheHub). --- at least that's what the paperwork said that accompanied the calendar ---

We got ours today.. such a tease to only send one! I will be ordering one, and maybe a few other items.

Btw, Friday is the last day for many people at CCY. Many will be missed, including some dear friends of mine :( :( :(

Could you let us know how to order? Or if there is an order form, would it be possible to create a link to it?

Thank you!

Just checked the west store, saw no calendars..

I checked too...
I sent them an email, will let all y'all know
if/when I here from them.

well....that was quick, just got this email...

They are not on the website yet, but you can call and place an order over
the phone.

America West Airlines/US Airways
Company Store
480-693-8360
Business Hours:
9am - 5pm Monday - Friday

I asked a pal in the store and the calendars are not yet on the website (awacompanystore.com for future reference). However, they said that anyone who wanted one could call - (480) 693-8360 to place an order. They are pretty spiffy. They're not in the traditional layout, though: there are two months per page so Jan and Feb are together, Mar and Apr, and so on. The pictures feature each of the heritage livery, the new livery, and one of the tail.

The problem with painting widebodies in the heritage paint is that, for now, only two stations in the United States would ever see them - CLT and PHL. I think they would want the marketing/"show the flag" planes to be able to get around the domestic system much more than that.

Unless they put a 767 back on the SFO/LAX transcons :)

What they need to do is establish an Air Bridge between the East and West hubs.........funnel as many customers between PHX/PHL/CLT using larger equipment, NOTHING smaller than the A320 and MAXIMIZE the connecting possibilities East and West.

Also keep in mind that route planning is getting route "synergies" in place as we speak. It's not inconceivable to see a West a/c go PHX/PHL/BOS in the not-too-distant future.

So-o-o, does that mean there will no longer be a USA A-319 departing from PHL for PHX at 0945, and an AWA A-320 departing PHL for PHX at 0953?

So-o-o, does that mean there will no longer be a USA A-319 departing from PHL for PHX at 0945, and an AWA A-320 departing PHL for PHX at 0953?
PA18 - unreal!...who's the competion here? hard to believe that after almost 4 months the company is not seeing this.

The problem with painting widebodies in the heritage paint is that, for now, only two stations in the United States would ever see them - CLT and PHL. I think they would want the marketing/"show the flag" planes to be able to get around the domestic system much more than that.

Unless they put a 767 back on the SFO/LAX transcons :)

I think if they ever put the 767 on other routes it would be the Hawaii runs sence the 757 mods are way behind a/c 901 is past 3 weeks late. and they can't put others in for mods til the ones come out.

PA18 - unreal!...who's the competion here? hard to believe that after almost 4 months the company is not seeing this.

I can just guess, but I'll bet both flights are 95%+ full every day, too.

God FORBID that USAirways acquire airplanes of adequate size to serve the market. USAirways has (pre-911) been notorious for running "wingtip" flights (departures within a few minutes of each other to the same destination) all the time. Why run one 767 when you can be forced to pay TWO crews and then blame those crews for crew costs?

Will Parker follow the USAir "wisdom?" All indications so far is that he will, simply because he's never been confronted with legs like PHL-PHX that demand larger ariplanes.

Same crap; different day.

Latest posts