heritage planes

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
it looks as if the heritage schemes will be painted on west a/c since there no east airbus a/c scheduled for paint in 2006. now i ask, shouldn't the east airbus a/c be painted in the peidmont ,allegheny,and psa schemes since most employees from these airlines are based in the east coast? i am sure that many pilots,f/a's,,mechanics,rampers and many general east employees would love to work or see one of these birds. i am even sure that employees in clt would love to see the peidmont plane fly in from time to time. but that won't happen since the former america west never served clt. now the america west heritage plane should stay on a west a/c but the others i think belong on east a/c. what do you guys think?

Since the airlines are in the midst of a merger, eventually east crews will be flying west planes, and will therefore have the opportunity to work these a/c.

yeah, I do. It would be nice to have the us/pi/ps a/c begin service on the east coast, with east crews.

Yes, the East a/c should be painted in Allegheny and Piedmont schemes. Tossup for PSA as to which fleet it goes to.

Give it some time, those planes will eventually be out that way. But for costs reasons, while the a/c will be out for paint and/or heavy maintenance, it would just make more sense to get those a/c in the system at that time. Besides with the re-branding effort of 2006 to quickly phase out the America West name, they will be sure to paint as many a/c as possible of the West fleet.

Don't forget, west planes do fly a lot in the East, so you'll see them. But how do you know that zero east a/c will be painted in 2006?

Also keep in mind that route planning is getting route "synergies" in place as we speak. It's not inconceivable to see a West a/c go PHX/PHL/BOS in the not-too-distant future.

And tahiti girl, that's a great idea! Send it in to [email protected].

I know that the shots the company sent out of the aicraft were all Airbus - but has any formal release been sent out that the heritage planes will be Airbus for sure? I can see them using the retro liverys on other aircraft type.

With that said, has everybody seen the US Airways calendar at the company store? It is SWEET! It has all the aircraft livery - and is well worth the $2!

I am sure the retros will be airbus only, I have been wondering about the West's scheme 757's, I wouldn't miss the "Chicken" aka Cardinals paint go bye-bye. the Suns paint did not go soon enough, but the stat planes are a nice touch, I guess those will be painted over as well

Latest posts