honest opinions needed

If you are hired in time to vote for USAPA then, yes, you should definitely come work for USAir! Even if you think Nic was correct. :lol:

But if ALPA stays then you should quickly go to JetBlue because you will be senior to the United or Delta pilots when JetBlue merges with them.

Good one Phoenix!! Watch how quickly those weinny, arrogant, SOB, dickheads change their minds about DOH when a Jetblue get's the funding to do what was done at the new US Airways. I can hear it now. Oh, that will never happen. BULLLSHIITT!! It already has and I hope and pray after some of the comments here puttung down the East pilots that it DOES happen. Pay backs are a biitch and it will be a pleasure to watch those assssholes get theirs. Bring it on!! :up:

The airline industry has changed forever. Like the railroads , the glamour days are OVER!! Deregulation took care of that, providing competition that allowed people of all social economic status to fly at a fairly cheap price. Ever been on Amtrak? Any of you older folks remember the railroads of the 30/40/50's. Amtrak does even come close.

The point? This isn't 1957. This industry is but a memory of what was. You as a pilot are not respected like you were in the earlier days of flying. The big girl airlines are no better and certainly no more glamerous than any others, so I would do my homework and go with whoever is better off financially and who is well managed. I would say SWA, CAL, UPS, and FedEx. If that doesn't matter, go with all the others as they are basically cookie cutter airlines that in the end care only about the bottom line. Even JB is headed in that direction. Virgin America is a possibility, but is young...which can be good, but can also be bad.

If you want glamour and respect, go Asian. They are still living in the 50's, which is why so many American Biz men love them. But I don't think that would be an acceptable commute for you.
Regardless, good luck!

It feels good to be unemployed. :up: Over 4 years of gainful, unemployment.

Thank you for helping the unenployment rate. Get off your butt and get a job don't you think it is about time. You have sucked on the tax titty long enough.

It feels good to be unemployed. :up: Over 4 years of gainful, unemployment.

Thank you for helping the unenployment rate. Get off your butt and get a job don't you think it is about time. You have sucked on the tax titty long enough.

I didn't see him say anywhere that he was collecting unemployment

As to the OP, my one piece of advice to you is do not scab. Also, as someone else hinted at, what is your motivation for changing to a larger carrier? Is it less takeoffs and landings, more money, or what? The money has been going down for years and I don't expect it to go up significantly any time soon. Too many folks are coming into the field that allow the rates for flight crews to be less then they were in days past. So ask yourself why you want to change and think through whether that is a good reason or not, after all you are accruing seniority somewhere right now.

If you are hired in time to vote for USAPA then, yes, you should definitely come work for USAir! Even if you think Nic was correct. :lol:

But if ALPA stays then you should quickly go to JetBlue because you will be senior to the United or Delta pilots when JetBlue merges with them.

You sound like my ex-wife, denial to the end.

Latest posts

Back