How Many AMT Mechanics are Currently Working for The Airlines?

Delta: 7350
United Airlines: 6500
SouthWest: 2500
AA Airlines; 7350
US AIrways: 4100
Alaska; 350
JetBlue: 200
Spirit; ??

Delta: 8350
United Airlines: 11000
SouthWest: 2500
AA Airlines; 9400 Before Layoffs 7350 After layoffs
US AIrways: 3400 6-2012

Alaska; 350
JetBlue: 200
Spirit; ??

American does not have 7350 mechanics that is the title 1 amount. Mechanic numbers are approximately 6700.

I am not sure the method by which these numbers are calculated.

Does this reflect LICENSED mechanics only?

If not shouldn't the question be:

How Many LICENSED AMT Mechanics are Currently Working for The Airlines?

Legacy AA title I list consists of 7389 people and is made up of 139 different classifications. So it is difficult to say how many A&P certificated people there are.

Legacy AA title I list consists of 7389 people and is made up of 139 different classifications. So it is difficult to say how many A&P certificated people there are.
Where in the world did you come up with 139 different classifications in title 1?

Pull up the title I seniority list and scroll to the bottom then click on the list of Job Codes. Actual classifications maybe just a handful AMT, OSM,TCC AMT, etc. Maybe not technically classifications and some may have been eliminated but a lot of different codes none the less.

Pull up the title I seniority list and scroll to the bottom then click on the list of Job Codes. Actual classifications maybe just a handful AMT, OSM,TCC AMT, etc. Maybe not technically classifications and some may have been eliminated but a lot of different codes none the less.
Ok, I see where you come up with that. Don`t ya think throwing that out there just confuses things a bit though? I mean drilling down to the difference between 1 license and 2. Apprentice and junior mechanics? Classifications that have not been used in years.

So it is difficult to say how many A&P certificated people there are.

Good now that I got you thinking.........

Think there might be a reason for that?

My theory is the airlines are slowly phasing you out. They are stacking the deck against your future by flooding your work group with unlicensed people. Soon your A&P will count for nothing because your work group will be so flooded with unlicensed people putting tools on aircraft you will have lost your base of power in negotiations.

If I were you I would insist the UNION show you REAL numbers of actual licensed mechanics. THAT is what should shape your contract negotiations, not what the company calls a mechanic.

Just my opinion. I have learned not to take anything at face value when dealing with AA and their pet UNION.

Correction, that should be Unions! AA now has two "pet Unions" representing the AMT's. ! I still don't know how that's working out. I retired from AA before the merger,

Correction, that should be Unions! AA now has two "pet Unions" representing the AMT's. ! I still don't know how that's working out. I retired from AA before the merger,
It's not working out very well for the AMT. It is the complete disaster we knew it would be.