how scared is AA? Well they are changing the raises now

----------------
On 4/10/2003 1:16:19 PM eolesen wrote:

Dave, the only time I can think of where a court held an airline management accountable was when Lifland removed Lorenzo and placed Marty Shugrue as trustee.

----------------​
Ok what about the Debtor in Possesion. Accountability?

I think Carty woke up one day and realized that his "touchy, feely, warm, and fuzzy" mangement style was getting us nowhere.

So now he over reacts and tries a style completely out of his league.

To top that, he has the worthless TWU on his side and never should a good business man be strapped with such a worthless "team player". The TWU is too incompetent to represent union members and not even capable of properly being a company union.

Get rid of the TWU and things will get better for both management and worker.

What do you expect when unions drag their feet for weeks and weeks and then announce a tentative agreement as the bankruptcy lawyers are approaching the courthouse steps?

Sounds like some union leaders wasted 50-some odd days to me.

"But the company didn''t give us enough time."

That''s what schoolchildren say when procrastination leaves them with insufficient time to do their homework.

----------------
On 4/10/2003 2:06:53 PM eolesen wrote:

As bad as things are at AA, malfeasance is a stretch...

----------------​

Aw, did you have to leave an opening like that?

Now we get to hear all about the things that individuals think (correctly or not, mostly not) management has done that has adversely impacted their personal bottom line, which they consider to be malfeasance of the highest order.

Hindsight is 20/20. Were mistakes made in the past? Yes. But it is PAST and there isn''t a thing that can be done about it now, and harping about it and hashing it over isn''t going to do anybody any good. Can we please try to save this airline instead of pointing fingers and yelling like 5-year-olds?

Sigh. Rant over...

TANSTAAFL

Haven''t ever seen it, Dave. DIP lenders have almost always supported the current management team. The only possible scenario I can think of that happening immediately would be where a hostile bid was received and accepted by the court against the company''s wishes.

There''s another scenario, which wouldn''t happen immediately. Some analysts believe UAL''s lenders may move to oust the current UAL management team (Tilton, Hacker, Brace), rather than move to liquidate. I guess that''s a possibility, but like the Lifland/Lorenzo example, isn''t something that would happen unless it was really an extreme case of corporate malfeasance. As bad as things are at AA, malfeasance is a stretch...