How Screwed up is the US IT Department

Good god they don't even know who each other are. I know, I know simple mistake. MORONS. ABSOLUTE MORONS. I wonder if they'd give my 9 year old nephew a job. :lol:

Can they get anything right?
God, give it a rest. Dougie obviously runs an AIRLINE not a high-tech Internet business. He can care less about technology, just walk into our center and look at the 9 year old computers we're using.

Heck, technology is so far laxed at US Airways, a broken computer has been on a desk next to me, without being fixed, for MONTHS. I'm getting ansy and I think I'll offer to fix it myself. BAH. I'll send them the bill too if they like.

God, give it a rest. Dougie obviously runs an AIRLINE not a high-tech Internet business. He can care less about technology, just walk into our center and look at the 9 year old computers we're using.

Heck, technology is so far laxed at US Airways, a broken computer has been on a desk next to me, without being fixed, for MONTHS. I'm getting ansy and I think I'll offer to fix it myself. BAH. I'll send them the bill too if they like.

Actually he does, as to run the airline successfully, the IT portion better be in top shape. As to the outlets which they depend on generating ticket sales, and listing on reservation systems, and kicking out labor, to be replaced by computers, and bag tracking, and communications between hubs, etc etc etc etc.....I would hope that the IT is top notch.

Now knowingly, looking behind the curtain, there's a gerbil and a few mice, sooooo....it's hard to be surprised at what has occured. But yes, Dougie, better think he runs a Hi Tech bussiness becuase the airline is dependant on it.

Actually he does, as to run the airline successfully, the IT portion better be in top shape. As to the outlets which they depend on generating ticket sales, and listing on reservation systems, and kicking out labor, to be replaced by computers, and bag tracking, and communications between hubs, etc etc etc etc.....I would hope that the IT is top notch.

Now knowingly, looking behind the curtain, there's a gerbil and a few mice, sooooo....it's hard to be surprised at what has occured. But yes, Dougie, better think he runs a Hi Tech bussiness becuase the airline is dependant on it.
I've worked for many corporations. This, by far, is in the worst shape relating to the size of the company. I would say that smaller companies, like 2Wire have better equipment than this. Even Vinciti. Heck. How many people have heard of Vinciti? They have near top-of-the-line hardware running that business.

You can't even imagine how outdated the US East systems were, and I'm not talking about Sabre. Most computers in the offices in CLT and PIT still had windows 95 and windows 98. Copy machines, fax machines, all of it, were extremely outdated.

You can't even imagine how outdated the US East systems were, and I'm not talking about Sabre. Most computers in the offices in CLT and PIT still had windows 95 and windows 98. Copy machines, fax machines, all of it, were extremely outdated.

Let's not even discuss INT res. When we at FFOCUS visited INT pre-merger all we heard was how old the machines were and how much they were down and being "repaired". The machines ran Win 95 and were slower than molasses. It's a wonder that the CP desk could do the wonders they did.

Let's not even discuss INT res. When we at FFOCUS visited INT pre-merger all we heard was how old the machines were and how much they were down and being "repaired". The machines ran Win 95 and were slower than molasses. It's a wonder that the CP desk could do the wonders they did.
That's where experienced, knowledgeable employees excel! They can get the job done, efficiently, even with archaic equipment and programs!!

In defense of CCY (first and only time ever), how much horsepower does one need to run a terminal emulator? In theory, one could run sabre on a 300 baud teletype if need be......