I am AAshamed!

jetmechjer

Advanced
Aug 8, 2004
We were robbed of 7 dollars an hour, sick time, a week of vacation, injury time, double time, holidays longevity pay, shift differential and more over 4 years ago. We were also insulted with one and a half percent raise a year since then. Not even enough to keep up with inflation. Then we had to watch our white collar crookes reward themselves over and over with our win together money we saved but recieved none of. Our equiptment is in deplorable condition and we have no parts on hand. They have cut our work force in half and want us to do twice as much for less pay! This is why our airplanes are in by far the worst shape that I have seen them in for my 20 plus years. I am ashamed to wear my uniform home and ashmed to be on the jetbridge with duct tape and a placard. I am AAshamed of my airline. And it will stay this way as long as the white collar crooks keep getting thier money. I would have to say that at least 85 percent of the mechanics now go by the same modo....

THEY PAY ME JUST ENOUGH NOT TO QUIT
SO I DO JUST ENOUGH NOT TO GET FIRED!!!

Uh, didn't you make the same exact same rant in another thread a few days ago?...

I was going to say the same thing.

Guess he feels he didn't get enough attention the first time. :rolleyes:
how about some answers you management suck a@#es?? Just to easy to down talk anyone that calls out how terrible our company is being ran. God I wish Crandall would come back!! He was a real bastard but he was fair and oh so smart!!

how about some answers you management suck a@#es?? Just to easy to down talk anyone that calls out how terrible our company is being ran. God I wish Crandall would come back!! He was a real bastard but he was fair and oh so smart!!

I'll answer for the pro management defenders here:

1. If you don't like it here, quit!
2. You have executive pay envy!
3. The executives negotiated their pay packages, your union negotiated your concession package.
4. We need to pay the executives so we can retain these "key" people.
5. You are lucky to have a job.

I'll answer for the pro management defenders here:

1. If you don't like it here, quit!
2. You have executive pay envy!
3. The executives negotiated their pay packages, your union negotiated your concession package.
4. We need to pay the executives so we can retain these "key" people.
5. You are lucky to have a job.

You forgot one.

6. Boston Consulting told us to do it this way.

God I wish Crandall would come back!! He was a real bastard but he was fair and oh so smart!!
I don't know why everyone thinks Crandall would change anything. He'd stick it to you so hard it would come out the other side. During his reign he dealt with the environment as it was then. In today's environment he'd be even tougher than he was then.

MK

I wish Crandall had never retired as well, but the funny part is that all of the union wags I knew at the time were counting down the days until he left, and salivating at the opportunity to bamboozle management into giving them more.

The moral of the story: be careful for what you wish for. Change isn't always for the better!

What's even more ironic: Arpey -is- Crandall, but with better teeth and a more up to date coif. His management style is perhaps less abrasive, but his attention to costs is 100% old school.

how about some answers you management suck a@#es??

Hardly a management suck-up here. I just have to wonder about people who are so utterly miserable doing what they are doing that they come off sounding like a crazy person.

Sometimes, in order to fight the good fight for the future, you have to let go the bitterness of the past.

I agree that the airline is no longer the same as in the "glory days", but, then again, none of them are.

I still would rather be here than any other airline, management bonuses/greed notwithstanding.

Also, the pay cuts/concessions, etc. do not define me, or my worth, as an individual. If I let those cuts dictate the level to which I perform my job, then I am compromising my own self-pride.

Hardly a management suck-up here. I just have to wonder about people who are so utterly miserable doing what they are doing that they come off sounding like a crazy person.

Sometimes, in order to fight the good fight for the future, you have to let go the bitterness of the past.

I agree that the airline is no longer the same as in the "glory days", but, then again, none of them are.

I still would rather be here than any other airline, management bonuses/greed notwithstanding.

Also, the pay cuts/concessions, etc. do not define me, or my worth, as an individual. If I let those cuts dictate the level to which I perform my job, then I am compromising my own self-pride.

I bet you have 300 hours of overtime this year alone while there are still people on the street at your station.

I was going to say the same thing.

Guess he feels he didn't get enough attention the first time. :rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is all the concessions we took are never given enough attention. It is actually good to keep hashing it up at least once a week or so. This way you can remember why not to keep helping them out. Its part of sharing in the pain and sharing in the gain. Except most employees are still waiting for the gain part of that BS worthless slogan

:D

The fact of the matter is all the concessions we took are never given enough attention. It is actually good to keep hashing it up at least once a week or so. This way you can remember why not to keep helping them out. Its part of sharing in the pain and sharing in the gain. Except most employees are still waiting for the gain part of that BS worthless slogan

:D

I never help them out. I simply do my job but nothing extra. I will not do a crappy job because of the concessions, nor will I do MORE, again, because of the concessions.

Don't think that many of us have simply forgotten what we gave up. At least most of us flight attendants haven't.

Latest posts