screw me once shame on me..........

I find it rather interesting that some here are trying to detract from Baumerts report by attacking him rather than challenging the veracity of the statements in his report.

Hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

It's no different than whenever Vaughn Cordle is quoted on the UAL forum. All that people ever want to say is that he was a strikebreaker 23 years ago, and there's no point reading a word of his reports.

And yes, Vaughn is just as guilty as Baumart. All he does is say he's a captain with a major US airline. He never discloses his actual employer, which I think is a serious failure on his part.

As for Baumert's statements? They're the same tired "management is evil and incompetent" rant he's made for years.

At least John McCorkle was funny...

It's no different than whenever Vaughn Cordle is quoted on the UAL forum. All that people ever want to say is that he was a strikebreaker 23 years ago, and there's no point reading a word of his reports.

And yes, Vaughn is just as guilty as Baumart. All he does is say he's a captain with a major US airline. He never discloses his actual employer, which I think is a serious failure on his part.

As for Baumert's statements? They're the same tired "management is evil and incompetent" rant he's made for years.

At least John McCorkle was funny...

Could one or all been more forthcoming in their disclosures? Sure.

While making these kinds of statements when holding the position of FA, or the stigma of a strikebreaker, may make certain people overly critical of the opinion, it doesn't necessarily make them wrong.

You're right - they're not necessarily wrong because of who they are or what they've done in the past. The same concept -should- apply to all of us who post here, but I don't see that practiced very often...

My disagreement with Baumert isn't because he's a flight attendant. It's because I have yet to read a piece of his which actually presented more than one side of a situation.

That's not research. That's spin. Spin doesn't make an opinion wrong, but it also doesn't make it totally honest.

All in all, there are a few bad decisions that they should have stopped, like the bonuses and the TWA acquisition.

You're very kind.

I think bad is a pretty mild word for those decisions.

I am on record as saying, on the day it was announced, that the TWA acquisistion was the worst thing I had ever seen.

It didn't hurt me at all, directly, but it sure hurt AA.

It didn't hurt me at all, directly, but it sure hurt AA.

You may be right. Still, for all the hurt everyone claims it imposed on AA and its employees, it wasn't all that severe. After all, the pilots still have their huge pension, something now missing at US, UA, DL (all terminated and handed off to the PBGC) and NW(frozen?).

AA managed to weather the last five and a half plus years and still increase its revenues above the early 2001 levels. A lot of STL and NYC frequent flyers are still active AAdvantage elites, not UA or DL or US or CO or NW. They show up with plenty of dollars.

Maybe it did hurt AA. Then again, AA and CO were the only two of the six legacies to avoid bankruptcy (and not to terminate the pilot pensions). AA acquired TWA and CO acquired nobody. If CO had acquired someone in the late 1990s, I'd argue that maybe, just maybe, the TWA asset purchase helped, not hurt.

You're right - they're not necessarily wrong because of who they are or what they've done in the past. The same concept -should- apply to all of us who post here, but I don't see that practiced very often...

My disagreement with Baumert isn't because he's a flight attendant. It's because I have yet to read a piece of his which actually presented more than one side of a situation.

That's not research. That's spin. Spin doesn't make an opinion wrong, but it also doesn't make it totally honest.

Maybe it should, but come on, this is the USAviation msg boards, not quite the same league as published reports, and would this mecca of aviation insanity be the wonderful read it most often is if everyone here practiced the "Golden Rule"?

As to your critique of Baumert, it is what it is. I was just pointing out that while you and others were talking him down no one was taking issue with any specifics of his report other than you pointing out that he said nothing about "Roger the Dodger", but an omission can hardly be counted as spin.

I find it rather interesting that some here are trying to detract from Baumerts report by attacking him rather than challenging the veracity of the statements in his report.

Hmmmmm. :rolleyes:
Thats been his M-O for some time. As soon as someone says something that he cant attack, he attacks the messenger.

Thats been his M-O for some time. As soon as someone says something that he cant attack, he attacks the messenger.
If statements are not fully pro-management, anti-union, and anti-worker, then NO questions or critiqes will allowed by the "bottom feeders". You will only to state that which consists of the lastest management "let them eat cake" mentality....or its all crap. Then it will be disregarded by "eOrr" (Yes, the donkey from Whinny the Pooh :D )as: simple lies and fabrications, worker disgruntlement, unionist propaganda and spin, inability to see the "big" picture, if you don't like it...leave, Uncle Bob is my hero, "don't ever play nice with unions" (that happened?), and a miriad of other reasons how inferior everyone without a starched shirt and a tie is.

Is it any wonder Corporate America is in the state it is today? :down:

Maybe it should, but come on, this is the USAviation msg boards, not quite the same league as published reports, and would this mecca of aviation insanity be the wonderful read it most often is if everyone here practiced the "Golden Rule"?

As to your critique of Baumert, it is what it is. I was just pointing out that while you and others were talking him down no one was taking issue with any specifics of his report other than you pointing out that he said nothing about "Roger the Dodger", but an omission can hardly be counted as spin.
Baumert is a self proclaimed investment adviser who sends out email newsletters to his subscribers on a regular basis and who would have others believe that he has no personal grudges or other interests in this dispute. This is his official disclaimer:

The author is a registered investment adviser at Baumert Capital Advisors. He does not own either the stock or bonds of AMR/American Airlines. The preceding should not be construed as advice to buy or sell any security and is for informational purposes only.

That is highly misleading. It is often said that half the truth is worse than a lie.

Baumert is a self proclaimed investment adviser who sends out email newsletters to his subscribers on a regular basis and who would have others believe that he has no personal grudges or other interests in this dispute. This is his official disclaimer:
That is highly misleading. It is often said that half the truth is worse than a lie.

You say he's "a self proclaimed investment adviser" yet you quote his disclaimer that says he's a registered investment adviser.

How would you view that?

As I said before, it was interesting that no one took issue with any specific thing written in his report, just with who he was. (of course other than the "Roger the Dodger" omission)