I Am Shocked

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
:down: WOW didn't see this coming, I was expecting a fair pass travel integration. All they did was take the US Policy give them our dress code and that was basicaly it.
1) Lets start with retirees, everyone of AWA had free travel. Now they all pay $15 each way and also have a lower boarding priority. HP loses!
2) 40 flexis vs 8 guest passes, HP employees loose big time here. I could SA1P on every flight I take and still have guest passes available now I can SA1P (VAC travel) only twice! Big loser HP!
3) Priority even though they say they are going to wait and see how many of you caught the boarding priorty dif? +20 vs less than 20? I am SA2p now (if I don't use 3 of my numerious passes to upgrade to SA1P. Even without seniorty check in I am know SA4! Big Big loser for HP!
4) Upgrade to first $20, currently I can use flexi (even expired ones) not any more now it will cost me! Big Loser HP!

What did US folks give up? And why do you guys like your way some much? It sucks!!!! I am very much a team player and lets all make this work out but we are losing a huge chunk of our benefit here!! Lets let them know!!!

UPNAWAY said:
:down:  WOW didn't see this coming, I was expecting a fair pass travel integration. All they did was take the US Policy give them our dress code and that was basicaly it.
1) Lets start with retirees, everyone of AWA had free travel. Now they all pay $15 each way and also have a lower boarding priority. HP loses!
2) 40 flexis vs 8 guest passes, HP employees loose big time here. I could SA1P on every flight I take and still have guest passes available now I can SA1P (VAC travel) only twice! Big loser HP!
3) Priority even though they say they are going to wait and see how many of you caught the boarding priorty dif? +20 vs less than 20? I am SA2p now (if I don't use 3 of my numerious passes to upgrade to SA1P. Even without seniorty check in I am know SA4! Big Big loser for HP!
4) Upgrade to first $20, currently I can use flexi (even expired ones) not any more now it will cost me! Big Loser HP!

What did US folks give up? And why do you guys like your way some much? It sucks!!!! I am very much a team player and lets all make this work out but we are losing a huge chunk of our benefit here!! Lets let them know!!!

I don't believe that "DP" "sold you out", but rather he is integrating 2 companies, and there are going to be a ton of changes. All of us need to adapt, take it in stride, and expect the unexpected. Hang in there!

God only knows this hurts but I have to agree with you hulagirl, I don't think Doug sold us out. This policy is a great compromise and does bring back the old AWA guest pass program with a new twist.

As for the boarding priority issue I think this was the perfect compromise. Employees from both companies can test out to see which boarding priority works best. Just for the record I want the first come first serve policy.

Also if The new USA changed the policy to the AWA way or the USA way, you know that there would be employee retaliation in some way. I could just see another nasty christmas travel season with problems everywhere.

Let's give the new policy a chance and enjoy our benefits.

UPNAWAY said:
:down: WOW didn't see this coming, I was expecting a fair pass travel integration. All they did was take the US Policy give them our dress code and that was basicaly it.

[post="304607"][/post]​
Well, even though the prirority for reitrees goes from SA2 to SA4, it's only a "one-priority" drop. SA2 is now for interviewees & emergency travel; SA3 is for active employees. I think it's fair that active employees get priority over retirees (just my opinion).

Adding a $15 service charge also makes sense, I'm just surprised they didn't institute a service charge for everybody. Extra weight uses extra fuel; and with fuel prices we need to save as much as we can. Even if an extra person increases the fuel burn by only 50 lbs--that's about 8 gallons, which at current prices is $16!

I do hate that we can't use Flexis for FC upgrades--and especially that upgrades to Europe will be $100!!!! I also don't like losing Flexis as $20 towards parent travel--but again, we have to collect money for the extra fuel costs.

UPNAWAY said:

[post="304607"][/post]​
US retirees never needed to pay anything, that is new to US too. The lower boarding priority is something that was changed a while ago, retirees have been sceaming about it to no avail. Flexi passes is a new thing for US have no idea what that is or how it works. US non rev procedures as far as boarding was concerned you went on the list based on seniority, with priority as follows: revenue/revenue standby/non rev positive space/must rides/US non revs/retirees/furlough employees/non rev from other carriers. It works fine, I have NEVER not gotten on a flt. Our upgrades for first class are $20 per flt. Our dress code is exactly the same with the exception of shorts. You are right I am not sure what US is giving up for the travel priviledges, however HP does gain about 100+ new desinations, not that that is any consolation.

multitasker said:
God only knows this hurts but I have to agree with you hulagirl, I don't think Doug sold us out. This policy is a great compromise and does bring back the old AWA guest pass program with a new twist.

As for the boarding priority issue I think this was the perfect compromise. Employees from both companies can test out to see which boarding priority works best. Just for the record I want the first come first serve policy.

Also if The new USA changed the policy to the AWA way or the USA way, you know that there would be employee retaliation in some way. I could just see another nasty christmas travel season with problems everywhere.

Let's give the new policy a chance and enjoy our benefits.
[post="304613"][/post]​
I promise I won't tell anyone that you AGREED with me! I AGREE with you here also!

hulagirl said:
I promise I won't tell anyone that you AGREED with me! I AGREE with you here also!
[post="304618"][/post]​
:unsure:
I just hope we can use the flexi's we may already have that haven't expired yet to "buy" a few tix for the folks and a couple of SA1 trips for the family...even if only on HP. Aren't tix good for 1 year once issued? I mean, heck, we've earned them as much as US has earned seniority, right? "Don't take away what we've earned." That's all I ask. Then change the policy! Which, I have to also agree, ain't all that bad...
:rolleyes:

proudf/a said:
US retirees never needed to pay anything, that is new to US too. The lower boarding priority is something that was changed a while ago, retirees have been sceaming about it to no avail. Flexi passes is a new thing for US have no idea what that is or how it works. US non rev procedures as far as boarding was concerned you went on the list based on seniority, with priority as follows: revenue/revenue standby/non rev positive space/must rides/US non revs/retirees/furlough employees/non rev from other carriers. It works fine, I have NEVER not gotten on a flt. Our upgrades for first class are $20 per flt. Our dress code is exactly the same with the exception of shorts. You are right I am not sure what US is giving up for the travel priviledges, however HP does gain about 100+ new desinations, not that that is any consolation.
[post="304616"][/post]​
Flexi passes are similar to the old car payment books. They issued them every quarter, and gave you 10 (perfect attendance) or 6 (if you called in sick during the applicable quarter).
I always have to jumpseat, and can never get on a flight using my pass benefits, so I don't think I am losing anything there. I do like our home check in system, though, and think you guys will too.

rjh said:
Well, even though the prirority for reitrees goes from SA2 to SA4, it's only a "one-priority" drop. SA2 is now for interviewees & emergency travel; SA3 is for active employees. I think it's fair that active employees get priority over retirees (
[post="304614"][/post]​

SKY HIGH states: Ok, HP employees advocate FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE?...But you "categorize it" by employment, retirees, family members etc.
Please explain..........thanks.

SKY HIGH said:
SKY HIGH states: Ok, HP employees advocate FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE?...But you "categorize it" by employment, retirees, family members etc.
Please explain..........thanks.
[post="304629"][/post]​
It's first come, first serve--WITHIN your own boarding prority. So, all employees would get first priority, based on check in time ..etc.

Family members get the higher priority if they travel with the employee. If not, they are the next lowest priority. I believe that's the way it SHOULD be--a spouse traveling alone should not be able to take a seat from an active employee. And again, my opinion is that retirees should not take a seat from an active employee either.

Actually, everyone, for Sa3p you have to have more than 20 years and it includes active and retirees...... under 20 years you are Sa4p active and retirees.....

so basically, not many of us hp folks will see a boarding priority of Sa3p for awhile

multitasker said:

I may have over reacted but it was a gut feeling.
How is the AWA culture going to be the surviving culture (which everyone thinks is critical) if we have to make most of the "compromises".
We know that the US folks will come out much butter than most HP in the area of Jobs, Salaries, Schedule, Vacvation etc!
What about our health benefits next year? We pay close to nothing, bet thats going to change? :unsure:

see attached...

SA1 – Vacation pass electronically credited in travel profile. Allows employee and all accompanying family members one round trip per pass. 2 per year per active employee and 1 per year per retired employee.
SA2 – Applicant, Emergency/Bereavement Travel for active and retired employees.
SA3 – Personal/Vacation – active employees and retirees with 20 or more years of service and their accompanying family members and/or guests.
SA4 – Personal/Vacation Employees on leave and retirees with less than 20 years of service. Unaccompanied family members of active employees and retirees with 20 or more years of service.
SA5 – US Express non-wholly owned active employees, retired employees and employees on leave. Unaccompanied family members of retired employees with less than 20 years of service.
SA6 – Company Business Other Airline
SA7 – Personal/Vacation Other Airline. Unaccompanied guest pass travelers.
SA9 - Applicant – US Express Non-Wholly Owned

Latest posts