I Am Shocked

UPNAWAY said:
:down: WOW didn't see this coming, I was expecting a fair pass travel integration. All they did was take the US Policy give them our dress code and that was basicaly it.
[post="304605"][/post]​

UPNAWAY, There had to be some compromises. Compromise = Both parties giving something up. HP gains alot more places to fly on our own airline. That in and of itself is worth sacrificing alot in my HP opinion. All employees get 2 SA1 vacation passes a year that will counter DOH. Let's keep things in perspective please. How many airlines would put in place an employee feedback on pass travel? Relax, you will have workable employee pass travel benefits with a ton of places to fly. B)

UPNAWAY said:
:down: WOW didn't see this coming, I was expecting a fair pass travel integration. All they did was take the US Policy give them our dress code and that was basicaly it.
1) Lets start with retirees, everyone of AWA had free travel. Now they all pay $15 each way and also have a lower boarding priority. HP loses!
2) 40 flexis vs 8 guest passes, HP employees loose big time here. I could SA1P on every flight I take and still have guest passes available now I can SA1P (VAC travel) only twice! Big loser HP!
3) Priority even though they say they are going to wait and see how many of you caught the boarding priorty dif? +20 vs less than 20? I am SA2p now (if I don't use 3 of my numerious passes to upgrade to SA1P. Even without seniorty check in I am know SA4! Big Big loser for HP!
4) Upgrade to first $20, currently I can use flexi (even expired ones) not any more now it will cost me! Big Loser HP!

What did US folks give up? And why do you guys like your way some much? It sucks!!!! I am very much a team player and lets all make this work out but we are losing a huge chunk of our benefit here!! Lets let them know!!!
[post="304605"][/post]​
you and yours are about to embark on a huge corporate awakening.....US Air style.....don't laugh,you'll see. :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

airlinedivalish said:
THEY DID REDUCE THE BUDDYPASSES TO 8 !!!! THIS REALLY SUCKS !!!!!
:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
[post="305124"][/post]​
Doesnt sound like you are going to be happy working for this "new" airline. Maybe you'd be happier unemployed?

delldude said:
you and yours are about to embark on a huge corporate awakening.....US Air style.....don't laugh,you'll see. :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
[post="305063"][/post]​

This is where the problem lies - it is not about the HP way or the US way. It is about what is the most economical. It is all about the $$$$$, whether we like it or not. I dont know about everyone else but my paycheck comes in as dollars not peanuts and I would like to keep it that way.

Use this as an example - I am using the max potential impact of the buddy pass.

The old HP way. If each of the 13,000 employees recieved 40 BP a year that would be 520,000 buddy passes out there. That would be potentially 520,000 passengers that are no longer paying full fare for their ticket. We are able to deal with that by raising the fares to offset that cost. It was almost to the point that the buddy passes were not even a great deal since like everyone said you could never non-rev any way because the flights were so full and for $40 more you could just by a full fare ticket.

Now add the US employees into the mix. They have approx 35,000 employees so that would be an additional 1.4 million passes out there (on top of the 520,000 that HP employees get) That is potentially an additional 1.4 million passengers not paying full fare for tickets.

Hmm... so they decided to drop it down to 8. That is now only 384,000 passengers out there not paying full fare. So now they dont have to charge as much to offset the cost of all those lost passengers, thus making the buddy passes that much more valuable. It will also make it easier to non-rev with a buddy pass because there are even less potential passengers than before.

As for the extra benefits with the buddy passes, I believe alot of those things were put in place because people had so many of them and didnt know what to do with them.

In the end, there is no fuzzy bunny way to put. It is about protecting the bottom line. You dont have to like it but if you want to keep getting the money you are going to have to live with it.

airlinedivalish said:
Why don't you SHUT THE HELL UP? You'd be a treat to fly with.
[post="305250"][/post]​
I am so sorry if I have offended you, just commenting on your comments, you seem miserable over this whole situation that you have NO control over. Maybe you would be happier working elsewhere? All of this is going to happen, whether you or I like it or not, if you gave it all chance, stopped whining about every decision that is made maybe you will see things arent that bad. This is a business, they are NOT hear to cater to their employees.

Wow, sounds like fun. Instead of sniping at each other, why dont you spend your time convincing your coworkers to email middle seat to get the benefits for ALL OF US. You seem to think that the new policy is some super duper windfall for all of us at US. It aint! My parents now have to pay, if I take my doggie, I have to pay. Sure the buddy passes are cheaper, but I dont pay for them anyway so no big deal for me. Sure it sucks that they took the flexipasses ( I was looking forward to them), but bitching and moaning about it isnt going to get them changed. We need to address it (and convince ALL of our fellow employees to do the same) to middleseat to get them back to where we would like to see them. There are going to have to be some things that are changed no doubt about it, but I have never seen a company actually ASK their employees to offer what they would like to have happen regarding their passes.
In the meantime, I'm looking forward to being able to fly to some new places online. Enjoy a trip to Europe or the Caribbean. It will take your mind off of things until we can get them changed.

ClearedToPush said:
Hmm... so they decided to drop it down to 8.
[post="305263"][/post]​

Ever since we've had our 8 buddypasses, I've never even come close to giving them all out. Even if I did, I have friends at work who havent used theirs so I can get them to give one to one of my friends. I've only used 2 this year so far and that was for a FEDEX guy on a medical emergency who got some bad info from his travel dept and couldnt get a ticket for a flight.
Now, if I do use them, I like the prices vs what we are currently paying for them. A ticket to Europe right now is over $450 for many markets where the new one will be only $200 plus taxes. Quite a big difference. With the current US system, in many markets its just a little bit more to buy a CONFIRMED ticket anyway.

airlinedivalish said:
Why don't you SHUT THE HELL UP? You'd be a treat to fly with.
[post="305250"][/post]​
I wonder what the frequent flyers, managers, and general public are thinking as they read threads like these: "I thought the America West people were so nice" or "this can't be a customer service employee" or "perhaps she didn't take her medication".
Please wake up to the fact that this is a business. Companies that merge must take what they feel are the best of the two and bring that together for the whole. As shocking as it is, the merger isn't about YOU. This is about 40,000 people, most of whom are excited and dedicated to making USAirways a success. We must all give and take, leave the emotion for television drama, and work together to ensure that we all have jobs.
The spirit of cooperation must supercede the dread of fear. You are not going to like everything that happens with the merger. Proudf/a was merely pointing out that you seem to hate everything about it.
Just in case no one has told you, life isnt fair. There are people with serious illnesses that would love the chance to be able to work. There are people whom have lost loved ones due to illness, accident or violence. You are fortunate that you are alive, able to work, have a home, have family. Why dont you try counting your blessings rather than your pocketful of "screws"?

There's always going to be negative and positive people in any business. It's the perfect balance of the universe. :)

We should look for the silver lining in this situation. Sure, there are less flexipasses and our parents will now have to pay to travel.

But there are now more places to fly. We'll have a "friend pass" for those of us who don't have a significant other or married. Count the blessings and not the lack. Maybe once the new US Airways realize how much money they generated on those buddypasses, they might add a few more. You'll never know! Try emailing that "middle person" guy and let them know how you feel about the current pass system.

Cheers!

Employees pets will now travel free--here is the quote from Compass:

Cabin pets allowed on a space available basis free of charge. Current limits on number of pets per cabin and size/health of pets still apply.

airlinedivalish said:
Are we still getting 40 (HP ) buddypasses a year or did they reduce it to 8 (US) ???
If they reduce it, this is not good.
[post="305121"][/post]​
Other than SA1P status, what good were Flexis anyway?
F/C is always full, BuddyPass rates were really high, you could often get a better deal if you planned and booked it on line.

I hardly ever use them, in fact I have 40 valid ones right now.

I never saw any value to them other than SA1P. Way too many problems when you give them to friends. We all know of somebody who had their travel priveledges suspened because of a misbehaving buddy pass guest.

The new 8 guest passes have a better pricing

Can I have yours then? I need some bad. lol

By the way, what is the incentive now with perfect attendance?

Maybe they could come up with Perfect Attendance passes like 5 ID90s or something similar.