I have had enough of the Teamsters!

Isn’t that a 2 year extension? Anyway I am retired so I’m done here. Good luck
Good morning, G.

If you are referring to the United T/A offer, YES, its a 2 year extension offer. Nothing wrong with extensions, what matters is the meat of it.
I disagree with the format of the extension as a mechanic. Their raise offer is approx. $4.91 per hour. The draw back within this raise is that the majority (66%) of this raise is all in the lic prem. and NOT on the base, which is where any mechanic would want the "meat" added to as it will very much affect all future % raises to the base. In essence, they are only getting a mere $1.66 or 34% of full raise towards the base.

2nd flaw in charts provided in teamsters update below. United and or teamsters are being deceitful in their charts and leaving out the true comparo top out of SWA Mechanics contract. In Aug. 2022 SWA Mechanics all in top rate is @ $59.58 not $58.87 as provided by United/teamsters in charts. Also, SWA Mechanics all in top out rate is not in 2022, it is in fact in 2023 and SWA Mechs will top out at $61.14, and will still not be ILC as SWA will still be not quite a buck more than the teamsters newly extension in Jan 23.

3rd; Also note that SWA Mechanics will enter contract nego's a year early (Aug. 2023) and will add even more to the all in top out rate.

The teamsters are always using misinformation on contract comparo's to throw off the membership to think they are moving to ILC when in fact they never will. They do this by purposely leaving out true comparo information AND not even providing the actual all in top out rate at the end of one competitors contract being used in comparo. Leads me to think they are also wrong with other airline Mechanics info on pay rates as well. So even with this new 2 year extension the teamsters will not provide the United Mechanics with an ILC AND, this will be the second contract pay raise contract before SWA completes their first one in Aug 2023. Think about that when making a decision on the card drive for AMFA.

4th, No changes in retirement/401K/profit sharing? SWA still carries the best retirement package out there, within the passenger airlines @ 9.3% match dollar for dollar for a total of not quite 19% and this does not include profit sharing which generally averages around 5-12% and has been up 16-18% on some big years. Also not included is out stock options as well as our stock discount purchase program.

If I were a UAL Mechanic, I would have to vote this 2 year contract extension offer down.
I know you are retired sir, but you did ask about the contract extension @ United, so I will leave what the teamsters and United wants their Mechanics to think they are providing them all the comparo's on the industry when they are not.
Happy retirement my friend and enjoy it to the fullest...

Last edited:
Good morning, G.

If you are referring to the United T/A offer, YES, its a 2 year extension offer. Nothing wrong with extensions, what matters is the meat of it.
I disagree with the format of the extension as a mechanic. Their raise offer is approx. $4.91 per hour. The draw back within this raise is that the majority (66%) of this raise is all in the lic prem. and NOT on the base, which is where any mechanic would want the "meat" added to as it will very much affect all future % raises to the base. In essence, they are only getting a mere $1.66 or 34% of full raise towards the base.

2nd flaw in charts provided in teamsters update below. United and or teamsters are being deceitful in their charts and leaving out the true comparo top out of SWA Mechanics contract. In Aug. 2022 SWA Mechanics all in top rate is @ $59.58 not $58.87 as provided by United/teamsters in charts. Also, SWA Mechanics all in top out rate is not in 2022, it is in fact in 2023 and SWA Mechs will top out at $61.14, and will still not be ILC as SWA will still be not quite a buck more than the teamsters newly extension in Jan 23.

3rd; Also note that SWA Mechanics will enter contract nego's a year early (Aug. 2023) and will add even more to the all in top out rate.

The teamsters are always using misinformation on contract comparo's to throw off the membership to think they are moving to ILC when in fact they never will. They do this by purposely leaving out true comparo information AND not even providing the actual all in top out rate at the end of one competitors contract being used in comparo. Leads me to think they are also wrong with other airline Mechanics info on pay rates as well. So even with this new 2 year extension the teamsters will not provide the United Mechanics with an ILC AND, this will be the second contract pay raise contract before SWA completes their first one in Aug 2023. Think about that when making a decision on the card drive for AMFA.

4th, No changes in retirement/401K/profit sharing? SWA still carries the best retirement package out there, within the passenger airlines @ 9.3% match dollar for dollar for a total of not quite 19% and this does not include profit sharing which generally averages around 5-12% and has been up 16-18% on some big years. Also not included is out stock options as well as our stock discount purchase program.

If I were a UAL Mechanic, I would have to vote this 2 year contract extension offer down.
I know you are retired sir, but you did ask about the contract extension @ United, so I will leave what the teamsters and United wants their Mechanics to think they are providing them all the comparo's on the industry when they are not.https://www.yahoo.com/news/strikes-pay-raises-southwest-pilots-153633389.html
Here's the teamsters/United provided charts for comparo:
G, oops, my bad. Here's the correct link to charts:

Isn’t that a 2 year extension? Anyway I am retired so I’m done here. Good luck

Yes that’s a two year extension. And if their current voting members are ok with that they will ratify the deal. If they are not ok with that they will vote it down and send their negotiators into full on Section 6 talks likely sending out surveys to ask what the membership needs.

Happy Retirement to you.

Good morning, G.

I know you are retired sir, but you did ask about the contract extension @ United, so I will leave what the teamsters and United wants their Mechanics to think they are providing them all the comparo's on the industry when they are not.

You go back into negotiations in August 2023 and your last negotiations took 7 years. Are you really thinking that SWA management isn’t going to stonewall your group again. I’d like to have a little of what you’re smoking.

Let’s write this again. AMFA at SWA negotiated for almost 7 years to finally reach a deal. I’m not sure but you may hold the record for the longest negotiation wait ever in Airline history?

Amtrak hold the record under the RLA at 8 years.

Last edited:
Good morning, G.

I get the impression that you just simply don’t understand how things work in our industry. Depending on the date of signing one group leaps ahead of another by comparison. That comparison seems to be between contractually AA, UAL, SWA and includes non union Delta as well.

So if the UAL agree to this deal they will leap ahead of you and the industry in January (Retro or Bonus) then 7 months later you go ahead of them, then 5 months later UAL again goes ahead of you and you hope that SWA Management decides to be generous and not make you wait another 7 years so you can go ahead of someone else.

F79C0B6D-E1B2-4E88-B2DC-F3C437D6165F.jpeg

Two pages of content posted by mechanics who have zero skin in whatever happens at UA?

Give it a rest, guys.

Reactions: Kev3188
Two pages of content posted by mechanics who have zero skin in whatever happens at UA?

Give it a rest, guys.
E, you know very well that what happens at one carrier, will roll into other carriers in some sort of fashion. No matter the carrier it can reflect thru the industry. So in the end it does in fact reflect on others at different carriers, so no I will not give it a rest when issues are tied to the industry.
BTW; didn't you leave this industry??? Just asking out loud here. Think about it...

E, you know very well that what happens at one carrier, will roll into other carriers in some sort of fashion. No matter the carrier it can reflect thru the industry. So in the end it does in fact reflect on others at different carriers, so no I will not give it a rest when issues are tied to the industry.
BTW; didn't you leave this industry??? Just asking out loud here. Think about it...

No No No I will not stop. I don’t care what you say.

7B8D117D-019D-44A3-8677-162A00C47BA3.jpeg

Good morning, G.

I have to give the IBT credit where credit is due on this one. Since you only care about wages anyway swampy. LOA # 29 in the IBT CBA has a yearly Industry Reset after the amendable date as compared to AA and Delta (They ignored AMFA I guess) that guarantees them raises on average above the other carriers by 2%. But it also includes everything else. Benefits, Licences, Scope, Headcount. Everything. (What do you have? Zip)

That means if they feel the terms of the extension aren’t sweet enough they can vote it down and they’re still likely to get a raise in December. That also means they don’t have to be held hostage like you were for 7 years waiting on a deal.

Last edited:
Well it looks like this thread can be put to bed now.

“The two-year contract provides for improved job security by adding five heavy maintenance lines in-house. Technicians will receive all-in wage increases of 16 to 23 percent upon ratification.

The agreement will be in effect until December 2024. It includes a one-year early opener that allows for bargaining on a successor agreement to begin in December 2023”

January 30, 2023

Ratification results

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Thank you for participating in this ratification process. As always, the final say rests with you. The TA passed by 68.77% to 31.23% with 75.2% participation.

There were 8 voided ballots from members that voted after separation from the company.

I will notify the company as soon as this Dispatch is released.

Congratulations on ratifying this industry leading extension.

In solidarity,

Vinny Graziano

International Representative

Only 75% voting?

I left American, I didn't leave the industry. 36+ years and will likely exceed 40 by the time I'm ready to hang it up.

Only 75% voting?

I left American, I didn't leave the industry. 36+ years and will likely exceed 40 by the time I'm ready to hang it up.
75% is typical when represented by the teamsters.

So what part or group are you still in, within the industry? Just curious. Some have made it seem as you were completely out.