I have had enough of the Teamsters!

"Typical IBT response is to file grievance and proceed to arbitration."

That was their favorite response here at SWA as well. One of the reasons we fired them so quickly. They are famous for allowing outsourcing out of the USA by a long shot. I still can't believe the UA membership fell for all their BS. But, they had to live with what they voted in even after being warned so much by a lot of us, and now they found out the hard way.
If they do decide to do another drive for AMFA you may wanna start now as there are currently 4 other airlines looking to bring AMFA in (going by memory here) AA, JetBlue, Spirit and Sun Country I do believe. I have also heard of rumors that Frontier may also be looking at AMFA for their representation as well.
Good luck my friend whatever you guys decide to do. I am in hopes the membership would get back with AMFA now that have experienced both. Keep us posted please sir/ma'am...
The problem is a lot of the sub-CAL techs have never done this before. They are afraid of IBT and UA attacks on them for their is ample evidence of collusion between IBT and UAL. They fear retaliation and would require some sort of legal representation during the card drive. Does AMFA provide that?

The problem is a lot of the sub-CAL techs have never done this before. They are afraid of IBT and UA attacks on them for their is ample evidence of collusion between IBT and UAL. They fear retaliation and would require some sort of legal representation during the card drive. Does AMFA provide that?

Wash, Rinse, Repeat. Hey this collusion thing has been working for Seeham for years so why take a different route now.

ALTA can offer you legal protection. If not you should go with AMP.

ALTA, AMFA, AMP, SSMP. All the same no matter what disguise 🥸 they wear.

Why the F would a overpaid bag smasher care?

Hey Junkie can you believe this thing is still floating around out there.

No they wouldn't need any legal representation, as we didn't when we fired them here. And BTW if the members are so afraid of their current representation and or the co going after them, then hands down it is time to fire the teamsters. They can't do anything to anyone that is looking for change options. They will scare the membership that they can, but they can't. Don't allow the teamsters to do this to the membership, they did in fact try it here with us but we did not allow it to follow thru and we fired them in a 2 week card drive. Don't allow them to control you or the membership, if you do, you will be stuck for life.
Don't allow them to do anything, there are currently 4-5 airlines doing AMFA card drives right now and none of their current unions are doing anything to them because they cannot. If they even attempt to try and stop you call NMB, FAA, DOJ and report them, they will very-VERY quickly back off I promise you. And they can be sued for millions if they continue, so get one in gear and get're done...

No they wouldn't need any legal representation, as we didn't when we fired them here. And BTW if the members are so afraid of their current representation and or the co going after them, then hands down it is time to fire the teamsters. They can't do anything to anyone that is looking for change options. They will scare the membership that they can, but they can't. Don't allow the teamsters to do this to the membership, they did in fact try it here with us but we did not allow it to follow thru and we fired them in a 2 week card drive. Don't allow them to control you or the membership, if you do, you will be stuck for life.
Don't allow them to do anything, there are currently 4-5 airlines doing AMFA card drives right now and none of their current unions are doing anything to them because they cannot. If they even attempt to try and stop you call NMB, FAA, DOJ and report them, they will very-VERY quickly back off I promise you. And they can be sued for millions if they continue, so get one in gear and get're done...

It was almost 20 years ago. You only had 1700 members, 1400 voted and the vote while strong wasn’t a landslide. AMFA (SSMP) only won by 150 votes and 650 still wanted to keep the Teamsters. Don’t let the facts get in your way.

So what? You really want to compare LM reports? My ibt LOCAL here in SFO spent almost that much last year for just 17,000 members, that doesn't include ibt Joint Councils, the Airline Division, or the IBT as a whole.

As for AMFA using only 1 law firm, so what? If SSM&P are getting it done what need do they have spreading it around - simply having more lawyers on the books doesn't equate to better representation

As far as "AA issues" go they just finished an unsuccessful campaign at AA did they not? Filings and challenges cost legal dollars, as I'm sure you well know - theres nothing nefarious in that

I wanted to come back to this since my curiosity (OCD) itch was never scratched.

I looked up your IBT Local 856 LM2 to verify your claim and yes you were correct.

Last year your local who represented 16,492 total member fee payers spent a total of $667,620 on Legal Fees to “7 different Law Firms” for services.

IBT 856 $667,620 representing 16,492 Members
AMFA $709,990 representing 3,953 Members.

So your Local representing 12,539 more members than all of AMFA total still spent less on Legal services in full for the year 2021. And your Local used 7 different services whereas AMFA used just ONE ☝️, that one being the Lawfirm of Seeham, Seeham, Meltz and Peterson. (The owners)

So AMFA spent over 66% more per member on Legal Fees and the question is what do they have to show for it? Do they have more AMT’s per Aircraft than anyone else? Do they have more work? Do individual members by comparison make more in pay and benefits than AA, UAL or being fair DL? 🤷🏻

1DBCF887-16D4-492C-9483-D4A74D8DC3EB.png

Last edited:
Teamsters allowing United to outsource 32 A320 aircraft. United signs contract to have 5 aircraft outsourced outside the US. United has already signed multi year contracts with Airborne MX of Ohio and AAR in Florida. The outsource will be a mixture of narrowbody and widebody aircraft. Typical IBT response is to file grievance and proceed to arbitration. This will only embolden United to outsource more of our work. They have done nothing to protect our work and contract. Enough is enough. Are AMTs responsive to a new organizing drive to replace IBT? How do UA techs feel about AMFA or ALTA as future representatives?

Before you decide to attempt a card drive against the IBT to go back to a group you had already dismissed almost 14 years ago (AMFA and ALTA being the same group) you should probably look at what I posted just above this.

You started with the IAM, went to AMFA and then over to IBT. Where has changing your underwear like that actually gotten you? Just curious here.

How many more Mechanics and related are employed at UAL? And yes I do know that you lost many positions under your former AMFA representation. Of course no absolute guarantees if you went back to them you’d begin to shrink once again.

According to the 2016 update from UAL regarding your last reached agreement you had 9,000 people.

Teamsters allowing United to outsource 32 A320 aircraft. United signs contract to have 5 aircraft outsourced outside the US. United has already signed multi year contracts with Airborne MX of Ohio and AAR in Florida. The outsource will be a mixture of narrowbody and widebody aircraft. Typical IBT response is to file grievance and proceed to arbitration. This will only embolden United to outsource more of our work. They have done nothing to protect our work and contract. Enough is enough. Are AMTs responsive to a new organizing drive to replace IBT? How do UA techs feel about AMFA or ALTA as future representatives?
For those of you upset and currently working for UAL, the AMFA card drive has started. It’s time to start printing, signing, collecting, and mailing these in. We’ve been going for 5 days as of this post and MCOMX has lead the way. Our station is making it happen, DEN, ORD, and IAD are also involved. IAH and EWR need to get on board along with SFO and all other line stations. TeamCare is being pushed through again and nothing has changed under the O’Brien slate.

Check www.amfaual.com for more info and join/follow our social media pages.

For those of you upset and currently working for UAL, the AMFA card drive has started. It’s time to start printing, signing, collecting, and mailing these in. We’ve been going for 5 days as of this post and MCOMX has lead the way. Our station is making it happen, DEN, ORD, and IAD are also involved. IAH and EWR need to get on board along with SFO and all other line stations. TeamCare is being pushed through again and nothing has changed under the O’Brien slate.

Great news to hear. AMFA has had a big growth spurt this year (2022) with even a couple more airlines looking at year 2023 to possibly have a vote. In 2022 AMFA has doubled the number of airline mechanics pounding down the doors to bring AMFA Representation in. Glad to hear the UAL folks are FINALLY kicking the teamsters out as they have never once provided one iota of all their promises they made. And now trying to ram-rod Team care and the teamster pension down the throats of the UAL mechanics. Stop this crap while you can guys, before it is too late. Hopefully AMFA will add your airline to the long list of added airlines organizing or now represented by the Mechanic Class and Craft Union, AMFA. Good luck to you all in your efforts and pls keep us posted how the drive is going...

Without EWR, SFO and IAH, it won't go far. Isn't that where the bulk of the AMTs are these days at United?

E, hopefully they are working on that as the card drive just started. Word will spread as momentum picks up with more and more social media and communications building as well. You are probably correct that they need to get the larger stations on board too.

Of course there’s a card drive. The IBT Contract comes up for renewal this December so that’s when AMFA (Lee Seeham) ALWAYS pounces. Nothing but a bunch of Slimeballs.