I Make US fly!

I pray daily to the airline gods for CO to reintroduce service to ACY!

25 minutes from the house

$5.00/day to park.

Good connections out of CLE

Get comped to Platnium

20,000 mile saver awards.

F/A's as polite and friendly as US.

Better on board service in F.

If CO had stayed in ACY I would never made CP on US or given them the chance.

I take my first trip on HP metal on 9/5, so we shall see how it all plays out. Honestly not looking forward to it.
Why wouldnt you be looking forward to a trip on HP metal? I guess I personally am always looking to give great customer service but lately it looks like no matter what we do as long as we are "west" or affiliated with HP we are not good enough. For some. I truly understand the problems with the website and several other problems as I have stated many times here but I get frustrated with" east fa's are the best." I guess its your opinion but just to let you know its not shared by everyone. Bob, even when you are talking about pricing on another thread you state that "east customers" aren't going to stand for it, or that they are more savy.. something to that effect. I cannot tell you how many times I hear thank heavens you are former HP and I know you can help or HP Chairmans refuse to call the Chairmans line because they know platinum line will link them to HP, many PREFER to HOLD(they work while their fons are on speaker fon) than call the CP line. They are more comfortable dealing with agents they know will be able to book their flights without hesitation. Im sure its the same for the east. We arent as knowledgeable about east routing and neither system was set up to accomodate routing from the others flights. Its what many are used to. Many of us westies are transplants from the east and we consider ourselves relatively intelligent. We have many wonderful fa's just as the east does and Im sure each side has its share of bad apples. Many of us are trying to put our differences aside and work together to improve each dept and give better customer service. I know I learn all the time from east agents what their issues have been or how their system works compared to ours and have found many wonderful people. I hope you give HP metal, agents and fa's a chance and you might be pleasantly surprised. Thanks again for staying with US Airways and continued success in all your endeavors. Mama

Have their been positives? yes their have been, but not nearly as many as the abject failures.

Cleaner planes maybe.

I can't think of anything else though, perhaps you can help. If some says expanded route network, I'll puke. UA gave me the routes that HP flies and US doesn't and now that they refuse to let us have access to UA codeshare flights on the website, I am worse off.

I'm really trying. Bob, what else is good for the East CP after the merger?

Cleaner planes maybe.

I can't think of anything else though, perhaps you can help. If some says expanded route network, I'll puke. UA gave me the routes that HP flies and US doesn't and now that they refuse to let us have access to UA codeshare flights on the website, I am worse off.

I'm really trying. Bob, what else is good for the East CP after the merger?
Well...we still give out the full mini on East operated flights!

Actually your attitude in the post reflects IMO an air of superiority towards anything US Airways, and that seems to come from the top frankly.

Non Responsive Customer Relations, The Website, The gutting of the DM program just for 3 quick reasons why I am unexcited.

But mostly it's the I.K.E (I Know Everything) attitude of many of the posters and the decisions brought forth from the Sandcastle.

Until the website is reliable, fully functional and Customer Relations returns to a customer satisfaction mode instead of compliant resolution mode I remain mostly unimpressed.

The stories about half minis and glasses of coke instead of the entire can don't help. The failure of transition agreements to be worked out that give employees hope and a reason to give great service.

I don't spend thousands of my companys hard earned dollars along with a few thousand of my own to be nickeled and dimed over a couple of cocktails in F/C.

I am not real excited about my travel agent being unable to book fares I find on the web and to date getting no clear answer as to why. I'm loyal to US but only to a point. If I can't price accurately on the web and have my travel agent find that same fare for the same itinerary then I'll find a carrier who does. Like I said before the USS Ben Dover has sailed never to return. Gouge someone else if that's what you're trying to do.

I would tell you how many of the 6 segments are on HP Metal if I could call up a Sabre reservation on the web page easily but alas I can't. But hey Joe Beery knows everything. Like how not to roll out a website, so who am I but a lowly CP, what could I possibly know about IT?

The unbridled arrogance to roll out a new website having NEVER beta tested it with real live end users to me just shows how little you value your customers.

To not have a totally seperate line for web tech support for elites also demonstrates how little you value your best customers.

Each and every day the Sandcastle does something to demonstrate just how little it cares about customers.

Have their been positives? yes their have been, but not nearly as many as the abject failures.
No, my post does not reflect ANY amount of superiority.Bob, you know from being on this site how I feel about giving customer service and the horrible conditions of the website, the problems with combining The FF program and DM. I have been adamant about how sabre/shares issues have created MANY problems for all of our customers. What I said and maybe I didnt make myself clear is that both companies had preferred customers that trvld with them because the company not only provided the route they needed but because they enjoyed the experience or the personnel. EVERY airline has those they are great supporters. Do I think Joe Beery's a$$ should have been chewed out? Without a doubt. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall. Do I have problems with all the stock options and money going to upper management? Ask, PITBULL, she'll testify about my posts if you missed them. I dont care if you have voodoo dolls of every former HP or US managment persons but give f/a's and the rest a chance. The planes were dirty and now cleaner. They are starting to answer their emails. Should it have taken this long? NO. Yes, there have been way too many issues for most of us and we have been frustrated trying to improve YOUR trvl experience. And please give it up over the freaking whole or half minis. If thats what you think makes a good f/a than I guess we have different priorities. If you have problems with lazy f/a's or bad service keep letting them know but to generalize east vs west will get us nowhere. This is JMHO. Blast away. AGAIN.

I have no idea whether or not HP's f/a's give you the whole mini or not. I would hope they would give you the whole thing but I certainly wouldnt lose sleep over it. Is it important? Not to me but since you are the customer I would than say that it is important. If you run into any of this on HP please advise you would like all of it and than take names. Why would a fa create an issue over this? Maybe if they have a drinking problem and would like to take the leftovers home? Or if it is company policy than they should shame old HP managment with major news coverage. That would clearly change things in an instance. You've heard things about HP? I thought you were above that. I thought you'd(of all people)wait until you had the experience before you'd rush to judgement. I hope your trip goes well but I feel you are looking for problems. Again JMHO. I havent said anything about low fares so argue that BS elsewhere. I too, hope you have an enjoyable trip and if I dont hear from you I guess you will be trvling with UA and WN. Whoever you trvl I hope you continue to be safe and they never let you run out of minis! Mama

I have no idea whether or not HP's f/a's give you the whole mini or not.

It is not all FA's, it is some. However, I have had cocktails on 2 HP flights (I usually don't drink on my flights) and both times I had cocktails, I received 1/2 a mini. One was on an a.m. flight and I honestly didn't think she put any vodka in the drink and when I asked her for more, she looked at me like I was an alcoholic--that is just uncalled for. The second time was an afternoon flight and the person next to me was drinking vodka too and I asked him if his drink was weak and he said, I was thinking the same thing. I asked for another drink and she, too, looked at me like I asked her to bring out the coccaine. Like PB said, when I want a drink, I don't need a FA to make me feel guilty...I have a mother who does that just fine.

Was HP's old slogan I MAKE HP DRY?

Ahh, the Devil’s Elixir.

Funny, but for a while at east it was like a big no-no to open a mini or pour a beer.

Well, on the East, the FA's never open the mini and most give you at 2 minis and some give you 2 minis and one in the bucket. I had a CLT FA in FC who recently refused to open the can of soda saying that it was a health hazard for her to do so. :rolleyes: She also used the cart to do beverage service in FC on a transcon and she dumped the big clear plastic bag of pretzels in between the seats and told people to take what they want and pass them around. Someone asked for Biscotti and she brought out the shrinkwrap package that had about 16 Biscotti in it!

It is not all FA's, it is some. However, I have had cocktails on 2 HP flights (I usually don't drink on my flights) and both times I had cocktails, I received 1/2 a mini. One was on an a.m. flight and I honestly didn't think she put any vodka in the drink and when I asked her for more, she looked at me like I was an alcoholic--that is just uncalled for. The second time was an afternoon flight and the person next to me was drinking vodka too and I asked him if his drink was weak and he said, I was thinking the same thing. I asked for another drink and she, too, looked at me like I asked her to bring out the coccaine. Like PB said, when I want a drink, I don't need a FA to make me feel guilty...I have a mother who does that just fine.

Was HP's old slogan I MAKE HP DRY?
Well this about does it. How can a HP flight attendant compete with this? Dont worry that possibly a safey video wasnt shown on a flight but damn it you're given all the minis you want! I really think you should avoid trvling on any HP metal. You know ahead of time they are stingy with the mini's. You now know that with what you pay, UA or WN or US metal will give you a better trvl experience. So now no more b****ing about it because you know what to expect. If you know what to expect and its not what you want than trvl where you will get the best experience. I think it would be fun to mess with some of these fa's if they are really that uptight. Most of the fa's I know from the west are more apt to party as they are pretty young. They dont have the age that comes with the seniority from the east. Seriously, if you have a problem take names. If it is important to your trvl experience you need to follow up.

Its not that Im really that upset I just feel that everyone seems to be down on Hp fa's. Im not a fa but it seems they have been getting a raw deal. It hasnt been just one post or thread but it seems east can do no wrong and everything was great before the merger. There were problmes before the merger and problems now. We all knew the merger was going to be difficult but the sandcastle has made it more difficult than it needed to be. Trust me, the frustration of managments decisions and seemingly callousness towards our customers makes me see red. I can agree with almost everything that is posted but please give HP frontline employees, especially fa's a chance. Many of you know how thankless their job can be. At least east fa's have had you guys in their corner and Im sure your support has been greatly appreciated. I just wish they had you guys in their corner. Regards. Mama

it seems east can do no wrong

Helllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...have you read the Galley Humor Thread....95% of the posts are about Easties....Things weren't perfect before the merger, but I will tell you one thing, Tempe is a whole new world. I don't dislike HP employees, I dislike some of their poor customer service choices.

Latest posts