I will not be signing the 'Lets go to China on the cheap' petition.

comeflywithme

Mar 18, 2006
Let me first say that I would love to see US Airways go to China. However, I cannot support US Airways' bid to go to China at this time. Why? There are SO many things that need to be worked out in order to begin THINKING about that long of an international flight. As noted on other threads, the international service out of PHL/CLT has gone down the tubes. Why? Because, as my friend says, the company insists on bidding down service to the lowest common denominator. This low level of service will NOT be tolorated by those discriminating customers who travel to Asia. It is BARELY being tolorated by those traveling to EUROPE!!!

So, I cannot support a bid for China until our level of service, staffing of airports, quality of new-hires, and overall customer satisfaction improves by leaps and bounds.

I second that. Your are 100% correct. Sorry. You don't have the a/c to run the route and you can't run what you have now properly.

US Airways has a better chance of digging a hole to China then getting the China route. Oops, don't give them any ideas. They don't need yet another hole to dig themselves out of.

Management thinks they have a chance at China just as they think our operation is improving... :lol:

I agree! US needs to concentrate on managing PHL and proving that EAST and WEST can operate on a single certificate. Perhaps next year I will change my mind, but I don't think US has any business in the Orient until US gets its act together stateside.

Management thinks they have a chance at China just as they think our operation is improving... :lol:
there is a greater chance of having a MONKEY fly out of my Arsce than seeing US fly to China! I have already drafted a letter in support of code share partner UNITED. They are the premiere US carrier to Asia. AA, Continental and NWA would also get my support. NO WAY to US though, no damn way!

As a 25 year USAir employee, I as well have added my support to UA. With this crap system, a pax wanted to go to Aruba and routed him from Philadelphia thru Amsterdam to Aruba. Nice Job!

Question....With what sort of aircraft is US Airways going to use to fly such a route? I highly doubt that an A330 would fly that route. Any answers?

Cheers,
Z B)

Question....With what sort of aircraft is US Airways going to use to fly such a route? I highly doubt that an A330 would fly that route. Any answers?

Cheers,
Z B)

USAir's application says it will acquire a couple of A340s (new or used, it doesn't say) in time to fly the route in 2009.

Given the lousy fuel economy of the A340s, there should be plenty of them on the market by then (as A340 owners/lesees take possession of new 787s and A380s).

Cheers,
Z B)
Don't worry about WHAT TYPE of Aircraft to be used on the route............They Will NOT Be Getting the ROUTE! Plain and Simple. Period. :(

Let's think about the public interest here.

Suppose young Clem comes from a small family in Apache Junction. There is a dearth of eligible family members, but he has heard of cute eligible Chinese girls who would marry an American regardless of tooth count. It seems more promising than making dog food or toothpaste from antifreeze.

Clem wants to court one of these cuties, and if the stars are right, marry her and bring her back to Arizona.

If he can, and they have kids, maybe they will grow up with a work ethic that appreciates a trade off of ridiculously low wages for the chance to fly back to the homeland to see Grandma-san for free.

It all makes sense. Apache Junction gets cultural diversity (like they need it). Clem loses his virginity. US Airways gets Chinese labor without leaving the Sandbox. Vacations and payroll are no longer understaffed.

Win Win.

Genius is hard to spot sometimes.

Well I've never wished BAD for US Air, but I'd be lying if I said that you regulars(over here) did'nt make a lot of sense about the condition of your company.

I suppose It would'nt "be a stretch" to Imagine a A-340(from china)waiting to be parked(in PHL)at a gate that,s been available for a hour, with a Asian CEO, of a multi-BILLION $$ company, watching out of a first class window, as a "Knuckle dragger" , with a cell phone in his ear, pants down around his ankle's, hat on sideways, come "sashaying"(SP?) out to park the A/C, without a saftey vest on, or any wing-walkers !!!!!

(All the while, the chinese CEO is thinking to himself, that "if this was back home", the cell phone man, would be working for the government...for FREE, for a "few" years)

NH/BB's