IAM has reached a tentative agreement

totobird

Senior
Nov 26, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Nick Handlow..union rep in PIT reports that some of the major points are as follows.

Double the insurance paid by employees

Outsource all of freight and mail

5% wage reduction in the event of war with IRAQ

AFA said it would agree to cuts once all other union groups had completed agreements and management took more cuts. Both have happened and I bet in the next day AFA will have an agreement.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/20/2002 5:55:27 PM USAirBoyA330 wrote:

AFA said it would agree to cuts once all other union groups had completed agreements and management took more cuts. Both have happened and I bet in the next day AFA will have an agreement.
----------------
[/blockquote]
have they heard from iam-m yet?...mail and freight is a ramp function..(iam-f). looked like there was still a sticking point in counter proposal pertaining to utility..

Dear Dave & Dave - be careful what you wished for now that it appears you've got it.

No more excuses - you have one of the leanest and lowest-paid work groups in the industry.

I guess now it all depends on management. We gave you the tools - now turn your energies and attention to something besides grinding down your employees.

In addition to the earlier WPXI Channel 11 report, Frank Schifiano of the IAM-M told Andy Gastmeyer, the news reporter, that four maintenance sations will be closed and the AFA is close to a deal. WPXI said a sticking point for the AFA is to reduce their pension from 65 percent to 50 percent FAE minus social security.

I wish to God Jerry Glass would get a new line of platitudes.Every time the company extracts another pound of flesh it's the same BS. The_______ (fill in the union) has shown great leadership....BLAH,BLAH,BLAH.

It's official:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021220/dcf051_1.html

And

Machinists, US Airways
Reach Tentative Accords

Washington, D.C., December 20, 2002 - The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) today announced two tentative agreements for 11,100 IAM represented employees at US Airways.

"We believe the agreement affords US Airways the best opportunity to avoid liquidation and preserve our members’ jobs," said District 141-M President Scotty Ford. "Therefore, the District 141-M Negotiating Committee recommends ratification of this tentative agreement."

The tentative agreements call for productivity enhancements, staffing flexibility and modifications to medical benefit plans. If ratified, the Mechanical & Related agreement would provide US Airways with $45 million in annual cost savings. The Fleet Service agreement would provide $14 million in annual cost savings to the bankrupt carrier.

"Our members have to examine their own personal situation, compare employment alternatives, and determine if this agreement is in their best interest," said District 141 President Randy Canale. "Each member now has to make their own personal business decision. Based on the foregoing, the District 141 Solidarity Committee recommends a ‘yes’ vote for ratification to preserve all of your personal options."

Each IAM District will vote on separate tentative agreements. IAM District 141 represents US Airways’ 4,900 Fleet Service employees. IAM District 141-M represents the carrier’s 6,200 Mechanical & Related employees. Informational meetings are being scheduled and voting will take place for both Districts in early January 2003.

Details of the tentative agreements can be found on the two District web sites at www.iam141.org and www.iam141m.org.

Well the dog finally caught the car. It will be interesting to see what Dave and Dave do with all this new found money if the members vote it in. I sure hope Dave can keep Dr. Dave from giving interviews that scare the passengers away. Now it is about time for Bob Owens to show up. Good luck everyone as you make your individual decisions.

US Airways and IAM Reach Tentative Agreements on Cost-Cutting Measures
Friday December 20, 7:38 pm ET

ARLINGTON, Va., Dec. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways and the International Association of Machinists, Districts 141 and 141-M, representing approximately 6,200 mechanics and related employees and 4,900 fleet service workers, today reached tentative agreements on new cost-cutting measures to support the company's restructuring. Both tentative agreements require ratification by the IAM's membership.
ADVERTISEMENT

"The IAM leadership met this challenge head on and worked vigorously with us to hammer out agreements to support our restructuring plan. We are grateful for their enormous contributions," said Jerry A. Glass, US Airways senior vice president of employee relations.

US Airways' Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) Master Executive Council (MEC) last week ratified their agreement. The company currently has agreements in place with the Communications Workers of America (CWA) -- reservations sale representatives and airport ticket counter and gate agents; Transport Workers Union (TWU) -- dispatchers, simulator engineers, flight crew training instructors; and Association of Flight Attendants (AFA).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: US Airways

WELL THIS IS NICE WE GET TO LIVE ON $13 OR $14
AN HOUR AND PAY DOUBLE FOR THE MEDICAL BENEFITS.
Family medical what will be $300.00 per month.
What a deal.sign me up.

I GUESS I NOW HAVE TO FACE THE JUDGE BECAUSE I AM GOING TO GO BELLY UP IN MY PERSONAL LIFE.

WHO WILL PAY FOR MY KIDS COLLEGE FUND.

DAVE AND DAVE NO THEY ARE IDOTS.
THERE KIDS COLLEGE IS PAID FOR.
let's see them work for the pay they want to give us.
FAT CHANCE.........
Rich get RICHER.

WILL WE GET LOWER UNION DUES I DOUBT IT.

well i guess it's off to the welfare office for food stamps and free cheese.

Thanks for the nice CHRISTMAS GIFT.

MY VOTE IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

14.gif']

How long before U employees will be cajoled/wangled/threatened into giving up still more for an upper management that has not shown one iota of evidence that they are capable of leading or running a viable airline? They way it's going for U, your only line of defense against further concessions may soon be minimum wage laws.

There are many examples of airlines who ceased to exist in spite of employees who were willing to work for wages that made them eligible for food stamps. Regardless of the wages U employees are willing to work for, barring unforeseen developments, U will IMO meet with the same fate for the same reason: self-serving upper-management who are clueless about running a successful airline and couldn't pass Leadership 101.

Be Assured Dave and Co. will be back in 2 months or so asking for more!!!!! Just can't get it done..Give..Give..Give!!!